Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Nothing But Chatter !@#$%^&*()_+

Hello all,,,
I'm am getting nothing but chatter on my CZ3D. It will not ground balance. In normal operations, when the ground balance adjustment is set to ( 1 ) it will usually scream when lowering the coil, and after turning the adjustment up so-far, usually past ( 5 ), or so, it will scream while raising the coil. At the moment it is screaming when you raise the coil, no-matter where the ground balance adjustment is setting... It will not hit on hardly any targets. I did an air test on a quarter, and it ID'ed it as iron...
It has acted somewhat like this in the past, but I have been able to stick new batteries in it, and it seemed to fix the problem. That is not the case this time. I think it's time to send it in to be repaired... Anyone else had any similar problems with their unit?
All connections, and everthing I can think of seems to be fine. Any other suggestions, or do ya think I should send it into Fisher's for repair?

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Re: Nothing But Chatter !@#$%^&*()_+

No replies,,, :'(,
I e-mailed Fishers Sat. I figured I wouldn't get a reply until at-least late Monday. It's Tuesday, and still no reply. They're out in California, so I will have to wait until noon, or later to call them. The Cz is still on the fritz, nothing but chatter... Going to see where they want me to send it, & hopefully get it fixed, Quick... Going crazy already, need a silver fix,,, BAD! ;D
Wish me luck, Good luck & Happy hunting~

< " Will dig for free, " ;D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't have a Fisher, So , I guess this realy won't be any help.

But every once in awhile My Sovereign will do this.

I usually Take it apart, Unplug all connections & put it back together.

Then it works.

I don't know if Moisture is Getting in the Plugs or it's ALIENS.

Attachments

• aliens.jpg
    aliens.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 413
OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Thanks for the tip... Jeff
I have tried everything I can think of, it's a goner this time I think... It's done this a few other times in the past, but usually after bringing it home and putting new batteries in, or simply turning it back on, has fixed? it... I probably should have done sent it back the first time it did it, but it's never done it for any length of time. I was hoping the bottom coil connection was wet, but it's been over a week with the coil sitting upside down, and it still won't even come close to working properly. It's after noon now, so I'm going to get off here and give Fishers a call. Hopefully it's something common, and maybe be able to fix the problem without sending it in. If not, it's going to be a long hard wait for it to get back home...

P.S.> Love the little aliens,,, I bet they have a lot of classrooms like that one...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LEON ;

Yea Detector Companies are Usually Very Fast with Repairs,

They Know how Crazy we Get without Our Right Arms Connected to us? ;D

? But Any Length of time, Even a Week is Too Long? :D

? ? ? ? ? ? ? BEST OF LUCK

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?J E F F

R

rvbvetter

If i had a clue, i'd throw my 2 cents in. I've never owned a Fisher(about the only brand i haven't) but i been thinking about getting the CZ 3D. So i'll be watching with interest to see how it comes out. Good luck on it, and i hope you'll report the out come. HH

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Well, I'm not sure how,, but it's back to working correctly... After talking with Fisher's on the phone yesterday they told me it sounded like a problem with the coil,,, Good call Gold Digger... So, I was all ready to take it apart to put it in a box and decided to give it one more try before sending it in... I took the upper coil connection loose, blew into to it and put it back together.
turned the machine on and BINGO... Not sure if it was still moist after a week and a half, or what. I have had that stupid connection loose about a dozen times in the last week, with not even a whisper of it trying to work properly... Now I can't get it to mess up at all... I guess I'll let it go for now... I'm hoping it was just moister in the connection, but I'm going to keep a close eye on it. If it even starts to act funny, I think I'll send it in. I've had it for just about a year now, so it could probably use a good tune up anyway...
Thanks again for the help, and comments...

Looks like you were right all a long Jeff, but it sure wasn't making any difference until yesterday...
rvbvetter,,, The Cz3D is an awesome machine. It will go pretty deep as with most Cz's, and ID's fairly accurately most of the time.
Haven't had any problems with mine except for the one mentioned here and it's beginning to look like I just got it too wet for comfort... Good luck all, & Happy hunting~

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola

That happens on my bounty hunter tracker 4, the connection gets either moist or it gets loose from the plug-in part, i just do the same thing 8)

R

rvbvetter

Glad to hear it's up and running, and thanks for the info. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread