Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 11 of 99 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Like Tree508Likes

Thread: Digital cameras CAN see buried gold

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Home of the Arc-Geo Logger imaging systems... As seen on the History Channel

Dec 2005
    Louisiana
    Arc-Geo Logger-TM-808-Garrett XL500-Deepstar
    3 times

Re: Digital cameras CAN see buried gold

The 720nm band passes 720 up in IR. My Sony night-shot works great as does my camera I removed the IR filter from. But this poses a question. I did not see where the author removed the IR blocking filter. KyBob could not see or get a picture and he shouldn't get one because of the IR blocking filter. The 720 is designed to block all visible light and pass the IR range form 720 up. So what range is this guy seeing these supposed auras? The problem I have with this is the processing. If the aura is real you should not have to do much processing and the aura should be the same when the target area is shifted in the frame from left to right. From the books pictures it appears the brightness parts of the picture is being processed to be an aura.

So if this happening in the IR range and the camera has a blocking filter in it as Kybob does and he saw nothing because no IR is passing, whats up with all the pictures in his book? It's raining here today. There is a couple of shots I want to do. I want to shoot some more over my control targets with bother cameras using this filter and I have a place where there is an large anomaly to see if something shows up there. I will carry my camera on trips and take pictures over time to see if anything shows up. I will post the pics when I get to take them. It looks like rain all this week here.

This filter is used for crime detection, medical photography and detection of distribution of vegetation. Which comes to my first point; maybe disturbed ground would cause the area in the photos.

Tim

Dec 2005
    Louisiana
    3 times

us
    Apr 2009
    15 times

Add one single electron to yellow gold you have white gold or platinum. Take away one electron from yellow gold you have mercury. One is a liquid metal and the other takes over 1,000 more degrees to melt than does yellow gold. The power of one electron. Think about the power of all the molecules and atoms that make up our world and outer space. Then you can understand the mysteries of infrared photography, dowsing and one day much, much more.
    I'm not even sure what the point to this rant is. Why do you assume that the number of electrons in a material has anything whatsoever to do with what it looks like in IR photography, to dowsers, and other mysterious claims that are constantly made on this board? This is just another attempt to make others feel inferior while you spout pseudo science with no facts or proofs to back it up.

us
    Apr 2009
    15 times

But this poses a question. I did not see where the author removed the IR blocking filter. KyBob could not see or get a picture and he shouldn't get one because of the IR blocking filter. The 720 is designed to block all visible light and pass the IR range form 720 up. So what range is this guy seeing these supposed auras? The problem I have with this is the processing. If the aura is real you should not have to do much processing and the aura should be the same when the target area is shifted in the frame from left to right. From the books pictures it appears the brightness parts of the picture is being processed to be an aura.
    Amen!

So if this happening in the IR range and the camera has a blocking filter in it as Kybob does and he saw nothing because no IR is passing, whats up with all the pictures in his book?
    Amen again! I have not seen the book but I would guess that these pictures are exactly like what Mike originally ran into when he said that his camera is probably not adequate. The author took pictures and post processed the heck out of them to get anything at all. He did this on known targets that were centered in the view. He then declared victory because he got a positive result on a known target. Not exactly the type of thing that will lead you to finding unknown treasures out in the wild.

Which comes to my first point; maybe disturbed ground would cause the area in the photos.
    Amen once more! Wow, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Dec 2005
    Louisiana
    3 times

Here are 3 photos I took this evening using the camera I converted to IR and the 720nm filter. If anyone wants to play with the the first one feel free. The second and third shows the camera without the filter and with. I still cannot get any results.

Tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S2010004.jpg 
Views:	2263 
Size:	487.1 KB 
ID:	311019   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S2010008.jpg 
Views:	2135 
Size:	354.0 KB 
ID:	311020   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S2010009.jpg 
Views:	2110 
Size:	389.1 KB 
ID:	311021  

Kentucky Kache

Tim, It looks like that camera has sent you into the future-2016. Maybe you discovered something greater than IR for treasure.

Dec 2005
    Louisiana
    3 times

Yeah i like being ahead of the game!

Tim

ca
    Feb 2007
    Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
    A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.
    3 times

I have used a few non-digital and digital camera's and never was able to catch an aura with them, but perhaps others have. With that in mind, I have taken some IR photo's and don't understand the link between them and aura's.

Do aura's fit somewhere specific into the light spectrum with a particular frequency range?

For those interested in making their own digital camera capable of taking IR pictures:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Take...igital-Camera/
    (I think I posted this link a couple of years ago somewhere on TNet.)

More in IR photography:
    http://www.jimchenphoto.com/digitalinfrared.html

Making "colorized" images with photoshop:
    http://blog.epicedits.com/2007/04/12...nfrared-photo/

Something I'm interested in, some info on UV photography:
    http://www.naturfotograf.com/UV_IR_rev00.html

As I've mentioned in the past, IR can detect color variations and has been used to locate ancient underground structures when images where taken at specific times of the day, or night when the object was either cooler, or warmer than the surface above. (This is my simplified explanation.)

F.
    Quote of Sir Joshua Reynolds': "There is no expedient, to which a man will not resort; to avoid the real labor, of thinking."

Dec 2005
    Louisiana
    3 times

Mike the first photo is about 12 feet from the tree. At the base is a large amount of US nickles. I wil take more pictures in the field just for fun. I have silver in the ground but could not get anything over it either. I will put more in the ground and see what I get. The silver anomaly that I have on you-tube should have a large aura around it if this is real. As far as my camera goes I removed the IR filter and adjusted the focus. The camera see all light including the IR range. The pictures are clear and look find to me.

This anomaly was seen by different detectors and ground resistivity. The sample showed almost 1oz of silver/ton! Bob will take pictures over this area as soon as he can and post them here. Too bad it was not silver coin....

Tim

us
    Jul 2008
    Salt Lake City
    5 times

I have taken several photos using my filters but also have not had any measurable results. I may need to remove the internal IR filter for my camera or pick another one up that I won't feel so bad if I mess it up. Unfortunately I am done for the rest of the year as I am having some surgery done to fix my ankle and will not be able to get around very well for the next six months or so. I still believe that this solution can work, I just need to do the modifications to my camera. I will file this information away until I am mobile and then I will hit it again.

ph
    Jun 2009
    3 times

[quote=beale ]
    Quote Originally Posted by SICARII
    Quote Originally Posted by aarthrj3811

During this time could you try using UV filters only instead of IR.
    SICARII, Can you tell me what does the USGS or EROS uses as filters when they take their infrared photos. They look like regular photos but they say they are infrared? What type of filters and shutters are they using? I tried to find it through the photos I have ordered but I could not find anything other than their photos, the best are taken at 20,000 ft. elevation.

Sorry beale I have no Idea. but still Im doing my part on this claimed

Dec 2005
    Louisiana
    3 times

Question for those of you who have taken good aura pictures. I now have 3 different cameras, Sony night-shot, Samsung and Kodak both with the IR filter removed. I'm using the 720nm band pass filter still no auras. Photos are taken either N-S or S-N.

Can you please give your setup; filter, camera, angles and target size and length of time in ground?

Tim

us
    Jul 2008
    Salt Lake City
    5 times

Before I forget, here are the latest of my pictures as promised. They have not changed from the first pictures I took. I am going to post them as unmodified except for image size so as not to bog down the tnet servers.

Name:	100_3390.JPG 
Views:	2123 
Size:	276.6 KB 
ID:	312636   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3391.JPG 
Views:	1994 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	312637   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3392.JPG 
Views:	1947 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	312638   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3393.JPG 
Views:	1946 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	312639   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3394.JPG 
Views:	1953 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	312640  

us
    Sep 2008
    CSRA
    Ace 250
    46 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

http://www.madsci.org/posts/1247279746.Es.r.html

It seems that I was incorrect in thinking this effect may be a reflection of UV from the buried material.

Question: Does Ultra Violet (UV) radiation penetrate the surface of the
    Earth?

...Even if by less than 12 inches? Can one assume that disturbed soil,
    because through the act of digging or disturbing, is less dense and UV
    may penetrate more so that soil that has not been disturbed?

Hello James,

As you probably know, UV radiation is a small band of radiation on the
    very large electro-magnetic spectrum. The wavelength range for UV is
    approximately 400 to 200 nanometers (see link below for definition), and
    falls between visible light and x-rays. The smaller the wavelength, the
    higher the energy is of the radiation.

There is often a misconception that the smaller the wavelength is (and
    the higher the energy), the better the penetrating power of the radiation
    will be. This is actually not true, except in the very high energy ranges
    of x-rays and above. An example of this is the penetrating power through
    air: Visible light, with lower energy than UV, is not absorbed when
    passing through the atmosphere. However, UV is partially absorbed by the
    atmosphere. The highest energy range of UV (called UVC) is completely
    absorbed by the atmosphere, and does not reach the surface of the earth.
    (This is a good thing, because UVC would kill us!)

The short answer to your question “Does UV penetrate the surface of the
    earth” is NO. Soil absorbs all of the UV radiation within a fraction of
    an inch. The best example that demonstrates this is the fact that some
    animals, such as elephants will cover themselves with mud (wet soil) to
    protect themselves from the burning effects of UV. Mud can be an
    effective ‘sunscreen’ for people as well! This thin layer of “earth”
    covering the skin effectively blocks the UV radiation.

The physics of exactly ‘how’ electro-magnetic radiation penetrates a
    material is very complicated, and relates to how the photons of the
    radiation interact with the atoms within a particular material. It turns
    out that UV radiation has the least penetrating power of all ranges of
    the electro-magnetic spectrum.

I hope that this answers your questions.

Best Regards,

Jay Shapiro
    http://www.nanooze.org/english/artic...igisananometer.
    html
    -Airborne1092

bellum est praesto

us
    Feb 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Exp 2, Tejon, & Compadre
    4 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I have to add my 2 cents.

First, I'm a spectral remote sensing engineer (Ph.d.) with 13 years experience contracting for the fed. gov't and I have published work that I can refer you to, if interested. This thread is dancing around topics that are my profession.

Second, while I'm sure everyone means well, there is no scientific basic for the ‘treasure aura’ concept. Metals don’t have some magical field around them unless there is a current applied and then it’s a plain magnetic field. They don’t give off any radiation except by virtue of being hot (Wien’s law). Even if they did, that field would not be recorded by an ordinary camera (digital or otherwise) because cameras are designed to respond to wavelengths in the visible part of the electromagnetic spectrum and if a body is hot enough to give off much light you don’t need a camera to find it (think red hot).

Third, if this was a technique that could be validated scientifically, it would be widely known, patented, and in use by people all over the world just raking in the cash.

Fourth, the images presented as evidence can be easily recreated using elementary image processing techniques.

Lastly, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and there is no credible evidence in this thread supporting 'treasure aura'.

Search well and find big everybody!!

Jim

Notes to responses below:
    1) The sensors in digital cameras are called silicon photodiodes and they loose their sensitivity ~1100nm. The figure presents the spectral response of this type sensor. BTW, there's lots of other types that respond to other wavelengths ($$$$$).

2) When light hits materials it does one or all of the following reflect, absorb, or transmit (conservation of energy). Other than Ground Penetrating Radar I'm not aware of any EM radiation that is transmitted through dirt/soil/stone more than a few millimeters (light quartz sand) regardless of wavelength. Not UV, not Near IR, not Short Wave IR, not Mid Wave IR, and no not Thermal IR.

3) If this phenomena were real, then the object must be radiating energy for the camera to collect. Where does this energy come from? There are two possibilities reflectance and/or emission. For buried objects, the reflectance option is out because light doesn’t propagate through dirt. Emission is EM radiation from an object without being irradiated. As an object is heated, it begins to give off EM radiation and this is governed by what is known as Wien’s law. As I said above, for an object to give off much energy in the range of a Si Photodiode it would have to be very hot. Objects in the ground are not that hot. So, the emission option is out.

Where does the “treasure aura” energy come from? It’s not reflected and it’s not emitted and those are the only two options! Tell me where.

4) Patents are fairly easy; they are expensive though. Just search for “Patent Lawyer”. An apparatus to find buried treasure would be patentable. The plan would be: Use the ‘working’ prototype to find a bunch of swag, hire a lawyer, get the patent, lease the patent, retire the richest person in the world (in that order).

Name:	Si_Response.gif 
Views:	2298 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	313193  

Page 11 of 99 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links