Digital cameras CAN see buried gold

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Uranium deposits (as well as a few other associated Minerals) can sometimes put off enough radiative energy to be picked up by a digital cameras infrared spectrum. I also know that silver can do some wonky things when exposed to certain wave lengths of radiation causing it to emit different forms of radiation as well. I would thoroughly test any material found by this method to be safe...

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
good morning to all; i hope no one here will think that i am a negative cause i love all this back and forth talk about the treasure auras: real de tayopa said (in post #305 aug.02-2009) ''it apparently does not work in the air''---when i was in contact with louis matacia a few years back he sent me a picture of a gold nugget sitting on top of a stump and you could see the aura of it. he took the pic about 9 in the morning when the sun was almost level with the stump-(sun rays) was very beautiful. the aura was pulled in the direction of the sun.( no offence tayopa)--on another note, i have been practicing with my setup.i have gotten several pics of the aura of my gold coin buried about 3-4 inches deep.also a quart fruit jar full of silver plated spoons and forks has given a good aura.i am sending some pics to midas with permission to post if he wishes to. my camera is a nikon cool-pix 8 mp--filter is 3 layers of film glued to a plastic tube which fits on the lens. the film i use came from a 1986 infra red roll that was developed and naturally some did not come out and that is what i use.--if midas chooses not to post i will send film to someone else if they desire to post it..why don't i post them??? Do not know how! i have gimp on my computer but something always goes wrong for me..and yes to tayopa i am a novice treasure hunter.i was too busy chasing coins with my detector and had no good info on sign interpretations. do have good signs/marks though.. good week to everybody :coffee2: :)

OP
OP
M

Midas

Oct 15, 2005
searching said:
the attached picture was taken with a canon power shot without any ir filter at about 10am. i dnt know anything about photography. i would appreciate if anyone could explain this to me. what is this white thing in the middle?

yes, i was experimenting with ir about 5 months ago but i have long accepted defeat and buried the issue to rest...or so i thought.

with the attached picture, i think this 'ir thing' refuse to die a natural death...

my last posting was june 30. i shared a picture taken with a home made ir filter which i thought captured an aura of a buried gold treasure. unfortunately i was not able to duplicated the result after several tries with varying direction and time of day.

that was 5 months ago and i have long since forgoten it until...yesterday, i was river trekking with several friends and took several picutures of the beautiful scenery using a canon powershot. you can guess how surprised i was when i downloaded the shot into my laptop. i almost fell on the floor :icon_sunny: i was not looking for it and in fact it was taken without any ir filter but here it is!!!

is this an aura of a long buried gold treasure or what?

I haven't seen a digital aura like that before but it looks remarkably like the auras from the Polaroid SX-70 camera. I would check it out with a good metal detector. BTW, what are those three strange figures in the river?

joe

Jun 7, 2004
searching said:
the attached picture was taken with a canon power shot without any ir filter at about 10am. i dnt know anything about photography. i would appreciate if anyone could explain this to me. what is this white thing in the middle?

yes, i was experimenting with ir about 5 months ago but i have long accepted defeat and buried the issue to rest...or so i thought.

with the attached picture, i think this 'ir thing' refuse to die a natural death...

my last posting was june 30. i shared a picture taken with a home made ir filter which i thought captured an aura of a buried gold treasure. unfortunately i was not able to duplicated the result after several tries with varying direction and time of day.

that was 5 months ago and i have long since forgoten it until...yesterday, i was river trekking with several friends and took several picutures of the beautiful scenery using a canon powershot. you can guess how surprised i was when i downloaded the shot into my laptop. i almost fell on the floor :icon_sunny: i was not looking for it and in fact it was taken without any ir filter but here it is!!!

is this an aura of a long buried gold treasure or what?

problem here most of the gold bar buried by the japanese were either put on a drum of oil with coal tar or the bar itself was painted with coaltar like a sticky black paint,even removing the coat from the bar is very hard ??? maybe before the WW2 start the japanese has already do their homework on research about the precious metal that emit some sort of radiation or most what they call it "the Rays of the SUN"...........we could not see the RAYS of the SUN of it cover with Very Dark Clouds,just like the Aura of the Gold Bar. :thumbsup: also in Shinto religion Gold is for EYES of GODs to see only(they paint the gold with black epoxy paint)and only BUDDHA is made of GOLD. :angel9: :thumbsup:

searching

Jun 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
tm808, gemini 3, gold bug
[/quote]

I haven't seen a digital aura like that before but it looks remarkably like the auras from the Polaroid SX-70 camera. I would check it out with a good metal detector. BTW, what are those three strange figures in the river?

[/quote]

midas,

thanks for the comment but isnt it just a lens flare cause by sun's deflection? but you are right a good metal detector capable of much depth will settle the issue. but getting that kind of detector is another story...

these figures are that of my friends....i did it to hide their identity.

searching

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bump :coffee2: We find this plant , the Desert Trumpet Plant (Eriogonum Inflatum)

in areas in Arizona that we find gold.

Attachments

• DSC01643 (Small).JPG
    DSC01643 (Small).JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 2,305
K

Kentucky Kache

extractor said:
Kentucky Kache said:
extractor said:
bump :coffee2: We find this plant in areas in Arizona thet we find gold.

What is it?
It is a Desert Trumpet Plant (Eriogonum Inflatum)

I was out there a few years ago and I brought home a few seeds from a bush I liked. I'm not sure if it was that one, as it was blooming. I never got around to planting them, but they probably wouldn't have grown here anyway. Thanks.

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear searching;
Your photo is a classic example of how not to take a photograph with a point & shoot camera, my friend. First, you have a very sunny day and water in the foreground with open shade in the background. The aura is nothing more mysterious than the reflection of the water being projected to aftmost lens element then being reflected forward. It did this several times therefore the aura is tall and thin. If the subject would have been in the middle of the the aura, then the shot would have been a complete loss, my friend.

In order to eliminate this effect, try moving several feet to the right and keep the area with the opened shade completely out of the frame or move into the open shade and take the shot from the shady area into the brightly lit area.
Your friend;
LAMAR

jesus

May 9, 2009
Good explication Lamar, logical deduction in my country we have a phrase: In the life not all shine is gold.

SynthetiX

Greenie
Oct 24, 2009
Arkansas
Everyone seems to keep asking about the actual filters that the original poster was using and what techniques he used. After a little research on "Ye Olde Google Machine". I found that there is an ebook that is entirely devoted to the subject. The website for the book is:
http://www.treasurehunterssecretmanual.com/
along with a youtube video. I haven't bought it so I have no clue as to how helpful it is. If anyone buys it, let me know if its worth the money or not. LOL
SynthetiX

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found articles on the web about modifying digital cameras to take IR pics by Googling digital cameras and IR pictures. Or something similar. One article contained pictures and told exactly HOW to do it yourself. The cameras with fixed lens are the easiest to do because you don't have the telescoping lens mechanisms to fool with. And you can use pieces of exposed 35mm film to make filter pieces to attach to the outside of the lens; as a lens cap. The drawback of taking out the inside filters is that after that the camera is useable for IR only. You can have the best of both worlds by just using the IR filter cap for the outside of the lens and not taking out the inside filters. You'll want to use a tripod to make the IR pics because of longer exposure times needed.

You can test your digital camera pretty fast by taking your TV remote control and point it straight into your camera's lens and press any button on the remote. While doing this, have your monitor screen on and if the IR emitters of the remote light up like automobile headlights, then your camera can be use to take IR pics the slower way, without removing the inside filters. Just make a IR lens cap to go onto the outside of the lens; and use a tripod to insure sharpness of the pics. When you do this TV remote test, go ahead and take a picture of it to make sure the camera actually records the IR lights. I did my test in a dark room and the only things that showed in the test pictures were the two bright IR bulbs. Worked like a champ.

You can also convert those cheap webcams to "shoot" like a poorman's starlight scope for low light / no light shots. That web article covered that, too.

searching

Jun 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
tm808, gemini 3, gold bug
lamar,

what do you think of this picture?

be glad to know your technical view about this picture.

thanks agian

Attachments

• what about this.jpg
    what about this.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 2,242

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions