Digital cameras CAN see buried gold

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
SWR---

By definition, "aura" can be any type of emanation, either of matter or energy.

It is commonly known that gold, in combination with other materials and/or energies, is capable of producing various "emanations."

It is also commonly known that various materials are capable of either reflecting or producing light which is above and below the visible spectrum.

Digital cameras are sensitive beyond both ends of the "visible" light spectrum.

Therefore, it is illogical to say that some kind of phenomenon where the presence of gold underground results in an effect which can be seen by a digital camera, is impossible.

If you still think it's impossible, then which (of the) sentence(s) above do you think is untrue?

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
boogeyman said:
gallileo60 said:
EpsilonMinus said:
Why is the 'invisible aura' reflecting off the leaves above it? This is absurd.

Sounds like BS to me...
Hmmm...... Don't just sit there Try it! Prove it wrong or prove it right. Then you'll have something to post.

I have no interest in trying to prove it right, or wrong..If you employ this technique thats great...I for one do not believe it works....I put this in the same class as dowsing, and other hocus pocus....But im sure you have found lots of gold with this......If I were going to waste my time with this, it would be a double blind test for sure.....

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gallileo: Obviously you are relying upon pred, or faulted materiel.. Dowsing 'does exist', everyone can do it to a different extent, however, just as all of us can play base ball, only a few reach the majors, the rest simply sit on a couch and watch via Tv.

Don Jose de La Mancha

"I exist to live, not live to exist".

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Gallileo: Obviously you are relying upon pred, or faulted materiel.. Dowsing 'does exist', everyone can do it to a different extent, however, just as all of us can play base ball, only a few reach the majors, the rest simply sit on a couch and watch via Tv.

Don Jose de La Mancha

"I exist to live, not live to exist".

I think I will just stick to my Metal Detectors, but whatever anyone else does is fine by me...As long as were all having fun.....Dowsing, and related paranormal stuff may be for real, but I am a skeptic, I guess you would say..I would have to see it work under tightly controlled conditions......HH to you...

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Galileo: Hmm, when I saw someone actually find something out in the field, I frankly couldn't care less if it was under strictly controlled conditions or not.

Don Jose de La Mancha

"I exist to live, not live to

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tayopa put it exactly.

I myself am a sittin on the fence skeptic, that's why I'm trying to see if this system works consistently. It's really sad to see people who just say bullpuckey, I don't understand it so it can't work. If we go at things with open minds and experiment/test we'll either discover a new tool to use in our searches or something that doesn't work. But we'll never know if we just sit on our hands and poo poo everything. I'm sure glad skeptics aren't in abundance! If they were. we'd still be living in the stone age. Imagine Marconi sitting on his hands saying bullpuckey it can't work :tongue3:
I've just acquired the same type Olympus camera David used in his tests. I'll be trying it after the holidays and a couple projects get finished up. To the rest of the people out there testing I wish the best of luck to you.

Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas!!

H

Hardscrabble

Paranormal...

I've been researching a cache. I need a name - "the" name. At first glance it would seem easy (in this case A should lead to B which in turn will narrow things immensely). Been beating my brains out going to archives, digging through death certificates, etc., etc.

The other night I dream of a directory, covers torn off, inside yellowed with age, and a name and date (1943) written in pencil on the front leaf. So, the next day I'm thinking, "That was a weird dream."

Did I write the name down? Nope. Now, there's "paranormal" mixed with a dose of idiot for you.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hardscrabble said:
Paranormal...

I've been researching a cache. I need a name - "the" name. At first glance it would seem easy (in this case A should lead to B which in turn will narrow things immensely). Been beating my brains out going to archives, digging through death certificates, etc., etc.

The other night I dream of a directory, covers torn off, inside yellowed with age, and a name and date (1943) written in pencil on the front leaf. So, the next day I'm thinking, "That was a weird dream."

Did I write the name down? Nope. Now, there's "paranormal" mixed with a dose of idiot for you.
Heh Heh Sounds like me except I write things down! Only problem....... I've got a desk full of scraps of notes, and I'll be dipped if I can tell you what 97% are related to ::) Hmmm.......which is worse? :icon_scratch:

H

Hardscrabble

boogeyman...

Well, check to see if any of them is a woman's name - maybe my dream was sent to you via some paranormal psychic connection. Happy holidays!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hardscrabble said:
boogeyman...

Well, check to see if any of them is a woman's name - maybe my dream was sent to you via some paranormal psychic connection. Happy holidays!
:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :D :D :D :D
Nope thank God paranormal connections aren't run by the USPS! ::)

goldfinder

Mar 31, 2003
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well folks, I finally read most of the pages of this very long post. Lots of hooey, lots of BS from the know-it-all piled higher and deeper bunch. And then there are a few rays of light (Toyopa), a few willing to expt., a few fence sitters. After reading a couple of pages I found I could skip the naysayers and read Toyopas very nice and usually polite rebuttals and showing the p-h-d bunch don't know squat.

I applaud all your efforts friends - but the cake is in the eating. Prove or disprove it with experiments and REAL equipment. I for one KNOW there are radiations around precious metals and lesser emanations around none PGM objects. In all the preceding there are a few nuggets but you'll not find them as they are obscure.

My background - lots of IR experience designing and building military projects that are electro optical. Also, build custom EO and regular electronic toys for folks and myself when there is something worth pursuing. Many years ago I read the Matacea book and decided to do a bit of EO experimenting. Those digital cameras are nice for what they are designed for but lousy for what you are trying to do. What you need is a sensor tuned to the IR with some real sensitivity. When you block out the non IR portion with filters, exposed film, etc. you are also cutting down the IR signal. I am amazed that Midas got anything and maybe they are just artifacts. Repeatability is a key factor in the scientific method.

And for you p-h-ders I got a few degrees myself, and Toyopa, most of mensa types I,ve known couldn't find their way out of a wet paper bag with a flashlight and a sharp knife.

So my recommendation, build yourself a sensitive IR detector and get out there in the field and test it, test it, test it... The reason I say "build" is the IR stuff out there doesn't have the form factor you need. And you don't need a lot of education. Don't let the piled higher and deeper bunch blunt your keen interest. If you do, they have won and you have lost a big prize.

There is a pony in all the HS.

Onward!

H

Hardscrabble

goldfinder...

Build one of those gadgets you're talking about. Then, if it works, IM me and I'll buy one from ya. Did I just say, "buy one from ya?"

Seriously though, I imagine that conceptually speaking there could be some value to the ideas presented in this thread. However, I don't see how an element as stable as gold will just pop off particles that an IR based gadget could pick up unless something really gets the constituent atoms very, very excited. In fact, if such particles are released, why would an IR meter pick them up period? Wouldn't they have to be in the correct band of the spectrum in order for it to work? Or, would it pick up upon some by-product of the process?

Granted, I don't have a PhD in anything (except maybe drinking), but it just doesn't sound right.

goldfinder

Mar 31, 2003
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hardscrabble said:
goldfinder...

Build one of those gadgets you're talking about. Then, if it works, IM me and I'll buy one from ya. Did I just say, "buy one from ya?"

Seriously though, I imagine that conceptually speaking there could be some value to the ideas presented in this thread. However, I don't see how an element as stable as gold will just pop off particles that an IR based gadget could pick up unless something really gets the constituent atoms very, very excited. In fact, if such particles are released, why would an IR meter pick them up period? Wouldn't they have to be in the correct band of the spectrum in order for it to work? Or, would it pick up upon some by-product of the process?

Granted, I don't have a PhD in anything (except maybe drinking), but it just doesn't sound right.

I don't see value of IR either. Plain and simple - IR is heat radiation. I do see how it would enable highlighting old roads, previously dug up soil (different heat adsorption than surroundings), etc. and indirectly enable someone to deduce location of buried treasure or whatever. From the IR sensors we developed for the military, it was truly amazing what you could see with it. Almost like x-ray vision in some instances. The reality is in testing. Someone who has a pretty good idea of a treasure location could probably use the IR as another tool to pinpoint. This is application of existing technology in a different arena. If you are serious get a real IR camera.

I do know that oil companies and mineral exploration companies use IR and other spectral bands to locate potential new exploration areas. Lots of them buy satellite and aerial scans in various spectral bands. How they analyze the date is their trade secrets which is what some of you are really going to have to discover/uncover but don't yet realize.

Using existing off the shelf visible light cameras is a non-starter as far as being useful. These type of cameras are made for the visible spectrum of light. They have filters, lenses, and sensor tuned to the visible spectrum. To try and adapt them really needs lots of modifications. For example, a lens for visible light can be a cheap piece of glass or plastic. IR needs a lens that will transmit IR readily. And other spectral bands need different material lenses. Same with the sensor. AND these spectral band parts just by themselves cost more that a good camera at WalMart.

Real research w/ optics is expensive. One of my friends has just spent over $30,000 for his fancy homebrew telescope so he can view the stars in different spectral bands besides visible.

So like a said - there is a pony in all this BS somewhere. But our are going to have to pay the piper to find it.

Gold24k

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
Hardscrabble---

I don't know whether or not signs of gold underground can be detected with a camera, but I think it's not impossible that it could.

I have seen several sources over the years, stating that there are many reports of the phenomenon occurring, where it can even been seen with the naked eye, with precious metals having then been found at the location. That, of course, is not proof.

Gold does seem like a very stable element, since it doesn't tarnish or rust. But there are several chemicals which will dissolve it completely. Cyanide, iodine, thiosulfate, chlorine gas, and the popular aqua regia acid mixture, are among them. Many households, especially if there is a swimming pool, already contain chemicals which, when properly combined, will dissolve gold very nicely!

There is a current theory that all gold deposits are formed when super heated steam drives it way up through the earth, carrying dissolved gold, and other precious metals, plus other stuff. Gold ores are often a hardened "soup" of many different materials (some of which are very toxic). And sometimes it precipitates in mass, forming gold wires, crystals, or large pieces, of fairly high purity, within various types of host rock.

So, for ore anyway, who knows what possible combinations of materials commonly associated with gold deposits might off-gas something which could be seen above the surface somehow?

Refined gold, such as coins and bullion, might be considered less likely to produce anything detectable, but when buried underground, who knows?

Gold being very conductive might have something additional to do with it, too.

My opinion is that ultimately, things are what they are, and if it happens, it happens.

:coffee2:

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see how IR Infrared would be much use in locating gold underground unless there would be a temperature difference in the soil...It is great for finding heat sources, but you can bet if it worked good for gold finding the "guvment" woulda been on this years ago..I would like to see some named scientist put there two cents in on this, or at least some reports from respected labs....Most of these ideas, and this goes for LRL's also have been dismissed by the scientific community at large..There is a reason for this, they don't work...You can bet someone has spent millions of our tax dollars to find out...I would be the first to get in on something that is a sure thing to locate gold, and other valuables....Please tho this is just my opinion, with that and a dollar 50, I can get a cup of coffee, so don't none of you take this personal, if you say it works for you, great..You should have quite a tidy some stuffed away by now...If it were me, im not sure I would share my "good thing".....HH to all....Just my two cents..Tom

GUESS-WHO

Mar 27, 2010
gallileo60 said:
I don't see how IR Infrared would be much use in locating gold underground unless there would be a temperature difference in the soil...It is great for finding heat sources, but you can bet if it worked good for gold finding the "guvment" woulda been on this years ago..I would like to see some named scientist put there two cents in on this, or at least some reports from respected labs....Most of these ideas, and this goes for LRL's also have been dismissed by the scientific community at large..There is a reason for this, they don't work...You can bet someone has spent millions of our tax dollars to find out...I would be the first to get in on something that is a sure thing to locate gold, and other valuables....Please tho this is just my opinion, with that and a dollar 50, I can get a cup of coffee, so don't none of you take this personal, if you say it works for you, great..You should have quite a tidy some stuffed away by now...If it were me, im not sure I would share my "good thing".....HH to all....Just my two cents..Tom

Does gold lose it's heat slower than dirt does? If it does I think this might make a good argument for using IR just after sunset to look for gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread