Digital cameras CAN see buried gold

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning: Here is an interesitng bit that was posted by Oro in the LDM series. It mentions fire in the Superstitions.
. This did not disturb him much, however, so he built a fire, roasted a rabbit which he had killed on his way up, and made such preparations as were possible to spend the night comfortably on the mountain. After sundown the atmosphere became quite sultry, and, as there was every indication of a thunder storm, Mr. Bicknell concluded that he would not remain within the walls of the old fort, as the rain was liable to drive from the loose rocks rattlesnakes, centipedes and poisonous insects of various kinds. Therefore he selected for his sleeping place a remarkably smooth rock, about twenty yards in front of the east wall. Putting his hobnail shoes under his head for a pillow, Mr. Bicknell, somewhat exhausted from his long stroll and excitement, soon fell into a deep sleep.

Some time afterward he was suddenly awakened by a sharp electric shock which seemed to pass from the back of his neck downward. Managing to scramble to his feet he ran some distance to the east, and, looking back to his sleeping place, was surprised to see a living line of fire or lightning running across the mountain from north to south. Never having seen "ground lightning" before, Mr. Bicknell was very naturally awe stricken and astounded, but he was more than surprised when, recovering from his bewilderment, he noticed that the electric storm had not passed over tho mountain, but was as distant, apparently, as when he first lay down. The phenomenon lasted but a few moments, but its duration was sufficient for the explorer.

Upon returning to the camp next morning Mr. Bicknell related his experience, which was received with evident incredulity. However, he induced one of the men to accompany him to the mountain a few days afterward. They reached the summit about noon, and the weather was very warm. The men were standing upon the smooth spot which Bicknell had selected for a couch, and he was explaining about his shock, when, with simultaneous impulse, they both sprang forward and gazed into each other's faces in mute interrogation. Subsequent explanation showed that each had experienced a well defined electric shock, as , though by a light current from a galvanic battery.

Mr. Bicknell at once concluded that he would solve the mystery, and set about doing so, although his companion wus most anxious to leave the dread spot. The investigations then begun, and subsequently completed, led to the following discoveries:
On the north side of the precipice was a large dyke of pyritous iron, running east and west, and on its south wall the mineral appeared in the form of protosulphates, or what is commonly known as copperas. In the latter there was a small, irregularly shaped hole several feet in depth, into which water was slowly sipping from a small spring on a slight eminence some yards distant. This water was strongly impregnated with salt. From this pot hole and extending across the mountain top were a number of small veins, or stringers, of copper ore, almost pure in their native state, which terminated, to all appearances, in a heavy ledge of calcspar, bearing galena and a small percentage of gold, running parallel with the copper lead, but on the opposite brink of the bluff. The copper stringers connecting the ledges were evidently what is known in prospectors' parlance as a "blow out," and rested on malpais a kind of glassy slag produced by volcanic heat. Here was a positive and a negative pole, connected with a good electric conductor, and a chemical decomposition taking place that would produce a strong battery. With a jar of the copper stringers, produced by atmosphoric electrical disturbances or a number of persons stopping upon them, why might not a current be induced sufficiently strong as to become destructive to Animal life? But simply the facts are given, and the scientific reader is at liberty to evolve his own theories.

<<from the Evening Bulletin, Jan 15th 1890>>

Don Jose de La Mancha

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
RDT---

Thanks for your time and effort in locating and posting that.

Incidentally, the story mentions two precipitators of Precious Metals. These will precipitate certain metals from an acidic solution, if they are in a dissolved (liquid) state . Elemental copper, which will precipitate all PMs; and copperas (which does not contain copper, but is actually ferrous sulfate), which will precipitate gold.

It was previously theorized that there are two types of gold deposits: One which is brought to the surface in a molten state, and deposited toward the surface that way, in cracks and fissures in rock layers. And the other is gold which is brought to the surface in a dissolved state, by superheated steam, and precipitated in those same areas. However, contemporary theory is leaning toward all deposits being of the latter variety.

I mention this in relation to the information about lots of possible chemical reactions going on underground, plus their reactive by-products. The electricity involved makes this a juicy story, in that respect, as electrolysis also gives off by-products.

:coffee2:

hayman

Greenie
Dec 1, 2010
don or ee would a spanish dip needle,or,magnetic dip needle have anythnig in common with some of the things that are talked about here?any way how does it work?all i know it works on the earths magnetic fields ,and,where metal or ore is it makes the needle work. would that be like a frequency change?please educate this rookie. thank you.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning swr, you posted --> Do we really need to spin the discussion so far off topic as to talk about the theory of how dowsing allegedly works

Of course, since we really have no concrete idea on just how to accomplish our purpose, we should discuss any and all possible relationships, this is the scientific way NO??

However, in this case it has nothing basically to do with dowsing in so far as our discussion is concerned.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning Hayman my friend: Never feel that you shouldn't ask questions, this is how science advances. And, incidentally, if any of us knew all of the answers, this forum wouldn't be useful.

All bodies have a field, but magnetic fields are found mostly in the Fe (iron) series. This is strong enough that it can be used to find ore bodies by it's attraction, or deflection effect upon a compass needle. In the instrument that you described, the needle is pivoted in the horizontal allowing it to rotate in the vertical plane, whereas in a normal compas, the needle is pivoted in the vertical allowing it to rotate and indicate in the horizontal plane.

In use the needle is generally aligned to a fixed compass heading and parallel courses are run, looking for a deviation of the needle. Under certain conditions it can be quite accurate in locating a magnetically active body.

The alternate for non magnetic bodies is that under certain conditions, they actually form massive low voltage generators / batteries from different reasons and a simple volt meter can quite accurately locate them.

Ask away my friend.

Don Jose de La Mancha

hayman

Greenie
Dec 1, 2010
don do you think that different soil types can have a effect on luminous gas effects?in okla. we have sandy loam ,clay,sandrock,and what we call a black gumbo soil.i'am about two miles away from where the old chisholm trail went thought,there are some that say you can still see the wagon ruts.i never seen them,but i have never looked.i never have hear of night lights here,but,i have not talked to everybody.do you think in the spring where it starts to warm up,and, the thunder storms start coming in around april or may would be the best time to look? what about hot dry weather in july and august,would there be any luck working it at that time?i'am ready to fire up that digital.thank you

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening Hayman, am in Tucson for a few days. Annual VA examination, clean as a whistle, no sign of cancer etc. my self treatment apparently is still working, now 7 years.:

You posted -->don do you think that different soil types can have a effect on luminous gas effects?

Frankly yes, however I certainly don't know the actual data on the production of these luminous gases, only that they do exist and one was useful in my finding the 8 Mule loads of 8 Reales

Don Jose de La Mancha

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
RDT---

Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Frankly yes, however I certainly don't know the actual data on the production of these luminous gases, only that they do exist and one was useful in my finding the 8 Mule loads of 8 Reales

Don Jose de La Mancha

That, and what looks like a giant metal detector, which was built by you I believe?

P.S. Good going on the exam. :thumbsup:

hayman

Greenie
Dec 1, 2010
don i'am thankful for your good bill of health . your one of reasons i come here as well as ee and rest of the gang. have a safe trip home.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning my friends: EE, no sorry, I did not construct that detector, That was a Gardner, probably the best detector by far in those day . It was an off resonance unit. Carl can explain it to you if he will, if not --. It had ground canceling and crude metal discrimination but was a !@##@ to balance.

Hayman I do thank you for that great compliment, but there are many others here with far greater conventional electronic knowledge than I have. My only contribution is via spatial visualization in combining various other sciences into a possible matrix that may work.

Don Jose de La Mancha

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
RDT---

I remember you mentioning it a long time ago on here, but I was a little foggy on it, thanks. From the photo, it appears that you mastered it's use! And your visualization!

:thumbsup:

hayman

Greenie
Dec 1, 2010
don in what year did you find your 8 reales? is there any difference between gold and silver when it comes to luminous gas release, and, color of the gases,or, other things i might not have thought of here in this question ? thank you

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening Hay: I would say in the 60's old enough to not have any problems with the statute of limitations, so it was safe to post it, but not the later ones.. As for the color of the luminous gases, I can only go by what others have seen, then recovered, Au - . golden color, Ag whitish/ bluish, Fe. white, Cu reddish. Apparently the same basic color that we normally see it, which makes sense.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good evening my friends: since the room is soo quiet lately, I am posting a few pages of general information, not relevant to the subject as such, or for JG, but yours. This is to clear up any misconceptions of the Explorers Club, or my honesty. It is a legitimate organization that ranks with the National Geographic and we often work side by side.

He posted --> Yea. How much does it cost to get one of those cards and do they take Bazooka Joe wrappers?

This is to show that JG's trite remark is belittling to the members, many with excellent degrees and exotic fields. The SW chapter was inactive for a period due the past officers not having enough time to keep it active and interesting. Notice the qualifications of the personnel being voted upon, hardly Bazooka Joe wrapper types.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Attachments

• Explorers club,  SW Chapter reactivation pp a.jpg
    Explorers club, SW Chapter reactivation pp a.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 623
  • .Explorers.jpg
    .Explorers.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 581
  • Explorers club pp c.jpg
    Explorers club pp c.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 562

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
RDT---

I have seen an Explorers Club card before, so when you posted yours, I recognized it right away as legitimate. I don't think that any rational person would try to discredit that organization, if they bothered to take a moment to do a little research. It's even in Wikipedia.

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
This is sort of a soap opera. By now, somebody should have definitive evidence that digital cameras can catch this stuff. Yes, or no?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning swr, since neither you, nor my wife, will pat me on my back, I must resort to doing it myself. snicker Oops I forgot my doggie, she believes in me.

However, that post was to reestablish my truthfulness to my friends that read this thread, which both you and JG tried to destroy, it was also an insult to the members of the Explorers club which should be cleared up.

Incidentally, are you jealous or something? No need to be, since I explained that I was a loser, a drop out, etc., etc., so relax, after all you are an electrical engr., I am no competition.

And finally 'YES ' ! digi cameras will indicate buried metal, the problem is that we haven't mastered the technique just yet. That is the purpose of this forum.

Don Jose de La Mancha

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
SWR said:
starsplitter said:
This is sort of a soap opera. By now, somebody should have definitive evidence that digital cameras can catch this stuff. Yes, or no?

Practically every "Treasure Hunting" or "Metal Detecting" site has this topic/subject/thread in one form or fashion. Typically, started by the same person, who just happens to be selling a book with the same claim.

However....to answer your question: there is no definitive evidence suggesting that digital cameras can see buried gold. In this thread, or any of the other threads I have read. :dontknow:

I doubt that any definitive evidence would be possible, just on a Website.

While, from my experience with refining Precious Metals, and the associated chemicals for dissolving and precipitating them and other metals, and some basic knowledge of how these metals are deposited in the upper layers of the Earth, and the typical chemicals and minerals naturally found with those deposits and elsewhere, plus certain natural electrical activity possibly added to the mix, I think it's possible.

Although I haven't seen the phenomenon myself, I don't have strong reason to doubt those who say they have.

I heard that in the days when the automobile was first invented, scientists (hired by the horse breeders?) said that if a man went faster than 25 MPH, he wouldn't be able to breath.

So, as far as I'm concerned, it's still "up in the air."

8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread