Digital cameras CAN see buried gold

T

trish76642

couldnt find it anywhere, but i coulda swore someone had posted a picture of an aluminum can or something in the dowsing forum, with a blue aura around it in a picture..anybody remember that?

It does seem logical that a piece of metal, after being in the ground for a long period of time, would show some kind of discorolation, especially in the soil around it, while it sat there deteriorating. We just cant see it with the naked eye. Not sure about an aura, unless it was shallow you may be able to see it with some sort of camera, but anythings possible. Theres a whole lot of things that go on in this world we havent yet learned.

Interesting i think.

T

trish76642

SWR said:
~trish~ said:
couldnt find it anywhere, but i coulda swore someone had posted a picture of an aluminum can or something in the dowsing forum, with a blue aura around it in a picture..anybody remember that?

It does seem logical that a piece of metal, after being in the ground for a long period of time, would show some kind of discorolation, especially in the soil around it, while it sat there deteriorating. We just cant see it with the naked eye. Not sure about an aura, unless it was shallow you may be able to see it with some sort of camera, but anythings possible. Theres a whole lot of things that go on in this world we havent yet learned.

Interesting i think.

I believe you are referring to the altered picture "Art" posts from time to time.

yep, that would be the one, didnt study it long enough to see if it was 'altered'..but, now..im not trying to get an arguement started. It just came to mind. :nono:

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Geochemistry 101

Ok, here we go. Yes gold is inert until it comes in contact with natural chlorine which is abundant. Then it becomes ionic and travels,hence the basis for Geochemical Prospecting. Look up Supergene gold deposits. Go to your local college and pull the book "Geochemistry of gold" by R.W. Boyle I own a copy and have read it twice, the 2nd time I took good notes.

Also there was an excellent article called "Succeeding with Infrared Photography" by Eugene J. Erdos (of Infrared Photogeological Services) in the April 1990 California Mining Journal that's a darn good read. In it the author quotes from Kodak's "Applied Infrared Photography",M28,P.3 1981 where it says "infrared luminescence is caused by illuminating the object with relatively long wave-length radiation(visible blue or green) which the object re-emits at longer wavelengths (infrared radiation). Talks about "Differentiated infrared photography" and "This type of differentiated IR photography will show the orebody under the overburden, and will omit surface features totally, showing only the infrared ore zone as if it were bare". The closing paragraph of the article says that infrared only photography produces a red and black picture, infrared and non-infrared. Says this is between 700-900nm. "Within these wavelengths, the evidence suggests that one particular band is most responsible for the infrared radiation emanating form ore deposits". :occasion14: :wave:

Hope this sheds some light so to speak,

Randy

OP
OP
M

Midas

Oct 15, 2005
Re: First tests with filter

Seden said:
Ok naysayers this will make your day-I tried taking 4 pictures in my backyard where I have dumped my gold concentrates for over 10 years and tried all the effects that Googles Picasa gives you and no unique coloring.

When I find time I'll post the pics. Like I said,whether it works or not,oh well. So if after other tests and using the same software as the author if it still doesn't work I'm out $40-big deal. :notworthy: :hello2: :icon_sunny: :thumbsup:

Randy

Hello Randy,

If you would like to email me your raw pics, I'll process them with my software and see what happens. How much weight of solid gold do you think is in your dumped concentrates and over what sort of area and depth? The technique is best used on a piece of solid gold of at least coin size, with gold particles, which I presume is what you will be photographing, the aura may be too dispersed to be seen.

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Gold coins are effected too

The natural chlorine in soil doesn't discriminate between natural gold and gold on a coin. All's it knows is gold is gold is gold and into solution it goes a little at a time and turns Au into AuCl-4 (see Introduction to Geochemistry by Krauskopf pg.523 under "Oxidation of Gold"another good book I own).
Again go to your college library and pull "The Enrichment of Ore Deposits" USGS Bulletin 625 by William Harvey Emmons. Yeah I know it's an old book but a classic text that's in my library. Ok, on pg. 307 under the heading of Sources of Chlorine in Gold Deposits it will explain about chlorine in the presence of Manganese dissolves gold-any gold , that would include a coin.

Ok so you've got several books to read,man you better tank up on some Starbucks cause it's going to be a long time hitting the books. :coffee2: :coffee2: (or just get a double shot that will spin your propeller).

Randy

rjwmam

Jul 4, 2008
Salt Lake City
I have received the filters for my camera but the last week has been crazy with storms just about every day so I have not had a chance to get out and test my camera with the filters. Now, I know that we need the sun to warm the ground up where some suspected gold or silver is but how dry should the ground be for this to work optimally? I turned my sprinklers off to dry out my yard a bit but with the rain coming down heavy at times my yard is wetter then it was when I was watering it with the sprinklers. Let me know what you guys think.

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
RJWMAM

What are the filters that you ordered? I've already tried the 750nm longpass that cuts everything off from that frequency down. When I get some money I'll buy a 800+900 Bandpass .

Randy

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009
It is documentated that a group of treasure hunter's found a cache of Spanish gold, from the air, using a specially built expensive IR camera.

But did they document that it was discovered due to "auras" or was it just the "ground disturbance" idea that I've talked about several times already? I have no problem with someone saying that they can use processed infrared pictures to see ground disturbances to find hidden treasures. It's the whole idea of "auras" that I have a hard time with. So far there has still been no proof given in this thread. Just some second-hand stories that aren't even potentially on topic and some pictures that could be of anything at all and show no actual gold or treasures being found.

I'm with SWR on this one. Show us some proof, any type of proof. Otherwise this is just getting tiresome at best.

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Yep as much as SWR's one of my favorite skeptics, I gotta agree. I've kinda moved on to other projects just waiting for others to experiment to see if they had better luck than I did.

Randy

rjwmam

Jul 4, 2008
Salt Lake City
Re: RJWMAM

Seden said:
What are the filters that you ordered? I've already tried the 750nm longpass that cuts everything off from that frequency down. When I get some money I'll buy a 800+900 Bandpass .

Randy

This is what I picked up on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/58mm-58-mm-Infrared-IR-Filter-720-760nm-850-950-UV_W0QQitemZ120431826580QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCamera_Filters?hash=item1c0a4bd694&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A570|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A3|294%3A50

Comes with a 720nm, 760nm, 850nm, and 950nm filter. As soon as it stops raining and dries out here I will be able to start testing. Today at noon it looked like it was 9PM at night during the summer. We should have already been dry for the rest of the summer.

rjwmam

Jul 4, 2008
Salt Lake City
Re: RJWMAM

SWR said:
rjwmam said:
Seden said:

Randy

This is what I picked up on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/58mm-58-mm-Infrared-IR-Filter-720-760nm-850-950-UV_W0QQitemZ120431826580QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCamera_Filters?hash=item1c0a4bd694&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A570|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A3|294%3A50

Comes with a 720nm, 760nm, 850nm, and 950nm filter. As soon as it stops raining and dries out here I will be able to start testing. Today at noon it looked like it was 9PM at night during the summer. We should have already been dry for the rest of the summer.

Take a few test shots inside of your house, as well. Don't limit yourself.

Will do.

OP
OP
M

Midas

Oct 15, 2005
jb7487 said:
It is documentated that a group of treasure hunter's found a cache of Spanish gold, from the air, using a specially built expensive IR camera.

But did they document that it was discovered due to "auras" or was it just the "ground disturbance" idea that I've talked about several times already? I have no problem with someone saying that they can use processed infrared pictures to see ground disturbances to find hidden treasures. It's the whole idea of "auras" that I have a hard time with. So far there has still been no proof given in this thread. Just some second-hand stories that aren't even potentially on topic and some pictures that could be of anything at all and show no actual gold or treasures being found.

I'm with SWR on this one. Show us some proof, any type of proof. Otherwise this is just getting tiresome at best.

They describe it as a flash and call it Free Electron Radiation Field. You can read the story at the end of The Four Corners Treasure on Ancient Treasure Hunter website.

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009
From the quoted source:

In October of 1994, we returned to the sites that had been singled out from before mentioned explorations. This time the area was photographed with the most sensitive infrared chemical film available. There were three flashes that appeared on the frames. The three flashes are in separate locations, but the largest is on the mesa and if you look closely you can see a very faint road or track leading to the flash.
In August of 1995, with the cooperation of Kodak and Nikon Camera companies, Kodak produced a digital CCD Infra-Red camera for the group that is the most sophisticated camera in existence today. At this time this is the only color CCD Infra-Red camera in Private hands in the world.
With this camera, the area was re-photographed and the original site was confirmed by another flash. This proves that there is a cache at this location. An ex partner had been awarded an exploration permit for the search of this area.....So far he has been met with failures upon failures.

So these "flashes" are said to be Free Radiation Electron Fields. Wouldn't it be easier to explain these flashes as being shards of glass, coins, or other objects that reflect light and indicate a human presence in the area? Why do they assume that these things are auras or electron fields when other more common explanations exist?

Also, why was the ex partner met with "failures upon failures" if he had a photo showing him exactly where the cache was? This smells fishy to me. They talk about how they determined where to take the pictures in the first place. They found ground disturbances from where the mules had dragged poles and such to cover up the digging area. So they went to high probability areas and took pictures and then decided to dig. And lo and behold they actually found something. How many of these flashes led to nothing at all?

I'm not saying that it isn't possible. But is sure seems like an awful lot of hocus pocus to me when there are seemingly logical explanations that are supported by science. I mean, maybe it is possible to use a camera to find gold. But not by seeing auras. Instead, you use them to find ground disturbances and locate areas of prior human activity where there should be none. Who wouldn't believe that such a thing is possible?

It also sounds like the camera they used was not a standard stock camera. It was specially made by Kodak for them. So much for using any old consumer digital camera to take your shots.

SICARII

Jun 16, 2009
Its not a ground disturbances. I think science call this as magnetic field, which is normally a character of metals when they are buried, which is pick up by your metal detecting gadget and what midas was doing is using a camera to capture this magnetic field emmision from a metal. Its really interesting and pic shows sumting. Thier is just a little secret in timing about it. Right midas?......:)

OP
OP
M

Midas

Oct 15, 2005
SICARII said:
Its not a ground disturbances. I think science call this as magnetic field, which is normally a character of metals when they are buried, which is pick up by your metal detecting gadget and what midas was doing is using a camera to capture this magnetic field emmision from a metal. Its really interesting and pic shows sumting. Thier is just a little secret in timing about it. Right midas?......:)

Yes, you're right. I had a deep and meaningful conversation with a nuclear physicist about this and he was of the opinion that the camera was photographing electromagnetic radiation caused by interaction of the buried metal with the Earth's magnetic field. Magnetic field disturbance perhaps.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
SWR said:
Midas said:
SICARII said:

Yes, you're right. I had a deep and meaningful conversation with a nuclear physicist about this and he was of the opinion that the camera was photographing electromagnetic radiation caused by interaction of the buried metal with the Earth's magnetic field. Magnetic field disturbance perhaps.

David...please. ::)

Gold is magnetic? Gold deteriorates?

Why then is not the entire earth giving off this "glow" in every picture ever taken?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well well gentlemen: I have been quietly following this thread for some time. I believe that it is time to start putting things into proper prospective and not keep this jumping around like a flea in a hot pan going..

A) I commend midas and want him to continue without having to explain things, that with a bit of thought are self explanatory, and not pertinent in any event.

B) SWR since you claim that your book is worthless, may I suggest that you send it to me for review, I will pay the postage naturally.

C) Gold readily goes into a visible ionic stage in much of the west where the soil conditions are amendable, i.e. have the various chemicals readily available. Cyanide, chlorine, the halides etc., and on.

D) The amount of Au necessary for this effect is almost infinitesimal to produce the so called "Treasure lights" which are famous in the west and have been used to successfully recover many treasures. I myself have recovered 7 mule loads of 8 Reales by this means. I have posted this picture, which swr vividly remembers hehehhe.

E) In theory it is quite conceivable that buried metal can be detected by a camera which is far, far more sensitive to certain energies than the human senses are supposedly capable of receiving. If it can be adapted to find buried precious metals so be it, nothing supernatural about that.

F) May I suggest that you search some of the latest Geochemical and geological tools for investigating metals 1000's of feet underground now being utilized to successfully find economical mineral bodies.

---> http://www.geophysics.co.uk/mets1.html

Just a few years ago these techniques were declared impossible, but??????

Corrective suggestions are far more fruitful than completely negative ones that upon speculation are shown to be self negating.

Many many discoveries are simply buried because of top peer pressure since they would tend to undermine a theory that the top one had dedicated his life to being the supreme expert of. Many a career has been ruined by going against peer pressure only to later find that the rebel was correct

May I suggest the present approved manner of treating cancer as a horrible example of burying any new techniques.

If I remember correctly, Dr Land was ridiculed for his theory of color photography. Simply using two separate frequencies to form the entire visible spectrum.

Sigh, oh well on with it Midas, my friend, I intend to follow up what you may present, whether backed up by scientific double blind studies etc., or not. At this early stage even anecdotal reports are acceptable.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI SWR: I thank you for that nice post. However rationality is required on both sides of the discussion. I have not seen this yet. I personally intend to milk this subject for what I can, since it does show promise, is explainable, and logically consistant with what I know or have experienced..

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s Have a nice day my friend SWR, and reserve a day in the not too distant future when we can sit down to a nice jug of coffee and just plain BS. I personally would enjoy that.

SICARII

Jun 16, 2009
After my own observation about the comments... I decided to try this unconventional method on one of my site.. the four pics will show the interesting capture

Attachments

• 1_369354188l.jpg
    1_369354188l.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 7,615

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread