Digital cameras CAN see buried gold

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that just like the rest of us, you are going to have to grab your camera, put a filter on it and go find out for yourself.

P.S. I had to laugh about your post #892 where you tell Jeff he is playing with fire. LOL.

Good night all.
Les, I have all the proof needed for finding the elusive treasure and I think you have too. In Toms case, if he could witness a triple, triple blind test
1000 times over he would still be just like Randi boy. If they ever admit something will work it will shut their mouths forever.
The nay sayers have words tacked up on the wall which says, REPROACH, PROFANE, and NEVER BELIEVE ANYTHING.
The sun does not shine, glow nor give heat to hear it from them.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
elh & lesjcbs, everything you're saying in post # 900 & 901 could equally be said of my tennis shoe smeared-with-peanut butter treasure finder method.

eg.: You can't question whether or not it works or is silly. You just "have to find out for yourself". Oh, and when and if you did try it, and found that it didn't point to treasure, I would just have to say you need more practice and/or weren't doing it right.

And if you ask me for a double-blind test for ME to show the shoe method works, I just have reply that it wouldn't matter if you were shown a triple-blind test. You'd be just like naysayer Randi .

If you ask me for proof-in-the-pudding (wild results) I will say : I can't do that, for fear of the IRS, claim-jumpers, and thieves.

But rest assured: My tennis shoe treasure finder method works flawlessly. Try it out. Throw it in the air around enough likely looking ruins, pull out your metal detector to "pinpoint", and I'll bet you eventually get a goodie. Which will, of course, be attributed to the shoe. Give it a try :)

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and there it is, when logical debate fails, the loser always goes for the personal attack. Way to stay classy les!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
....Everyone wants someone else to do the work for him / them.... .

Yes. They *do* put the burden of proof on the person(s) making the claim. If that is what you mean by "wanting someone else to do the work for them". And yes, to put the burden of proof on the claimant is quite understandable: When it's known that any skeptic's findings/results that show non-workability, will be summarily dismissed.

So it's not at all unreasonable to say to the claimant "show us". Not sure how me being from CA has anything to do with this clear line of logical thinking .

BTW: I would GLADLY eat humble pie, + rush out and implement any new TH'ing method that works. Ie.: I'm all ears, and willing to try any new mousetrap . My buddy and I have a new site that's porking out 1850s & 1860's seated coins (video of live digs and audio will be posted soon). And we have a suspicion that there MUST be a gold coin at this stage-stop type site somewhere. Yet, alas, all we get is pesky silver coins so far. If a camera can lead to just gold, then ... trust me: I'll be the first to use it, and go public with an apology and humble pie.

But as of now, the "proof" we've seen is conjectures, and a few photos showing lights coming from the landscape . Then we try to cross-examine those treasures found. To ask "was this a staged test on that jar of coins?" Or : "Where's a photo of the jar of coins?" or "Is there any other ingredients to the story that might have bearing ?" (eg.: a story of posse-hunt that led you to *this* particular spot in the first place). And "did you use a detector to 'pinpoint' " (which could raise concerns of random odds around likely ruins).

I say this all without "badgering". And with friendly intent to find out if another mousetrap works.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... the loser always goes for the personal attack. ...

Jason. Good observation. If you've ever studied the back & forth exchanges for technical ideas , it's always interesting to study who devolves into name calling. Ie.: "you're just close-minded" or "you're stupid", or "that's because you're from such & such locale " etc.... None of which sheds any light on the debate of the merits of topic in question. If I have done any such thing (in the course of "locker room talk") I apologize to Les.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason. Good observation. If you've ever studied the back & forth exchanges for technical ideas , it's always interesting to study who devolves into name calling. Ie.: "you're just close-minded" or "you're stupid", or "that's because you're from such & such locale " etc.... None of which sheds any light on the debate of the merits of topic in question. If I have done any such thing (in the course of "locker room talk") I apologize to Les.

Nope, I never saw you do any such thing. You presented sound, logical debate points.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep it civil and respectful per our rules and terms.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK Tom, lets cut to the chase. We want a straight, one word answer from you that is either a yes or a no. Anything more or less will be.considered a dodge by you.

Yes or no, is Midas a liar?

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
If they ever admit something will work it will shut their mouths forever.

From my experience it is the complete opposite; when you show a person a method that is completely foreign to their normal life and it works they get really pumped up about it.

For example; the GPZ, for the life of me I can not even fathom why people prospect or nugget shoot with any other machine when the GPZ will pay for its self in less than 60 hours on decent ground just with the stock coil. Then you have people like my wife who will not even waste her time beach hunting anymore with another machine on the 19.

The few people I have shown and walked through on the GPZ for just a few short days have purchased one, my wife hunts a great deal more than me and she has shown even more people that have done the same, brother in law shoots for a living and he has had the same results. I am talking about the North American culture either, mainly Europeans who have it stuck in their head that there is only one way to earn money and adventure is something that happens when you go on holiday and visit a new bar.

Lived overseas for many years among people who just knew everything happens exactly like they have been taught in their post war developing nation; then they feel cheated and can not get enough of it or tell enough people about it.

Been following this thread for a while, read all through it, I can sift through the ego BS and name calling, just can not understand how this tech works. But as far as I am concerned for now I do not have to, I just need to see proof and then I am ready to fund any start up. You want to talk about real money, develop a production machine and drop that on the market when it really works, the hype will get more crazy than any AT Slow ever saw.

Its only money, show me something, get your mates to put your heads together, put together a working model then let me fly a couple of you to a few spots for natural environment fielding testing, and just get it to work 40% of the time. If you could hit 40% then I would have no trouble with funding R&D towards production, at 40% if you would not have signed my NCNDA off the top of my head I can think of 20 people that would snatch you up right now who also fund many start up, 6 of them are users on this site.

So what do you say, feel like getting one going and then contacting me.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
OK Tom, lets cut to the chase. We want a straight, one word answer from you that is either a yes or a no. Anything more or less will be.considered a dodge by you.

Yes or no, is Midas a liar?

"Midas" ? Are you referring to post # 870 ? If so: "No". Midas (if that is #870 author's name) is not a "liar". He is quite sincere about what he's posted.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Midas" ? Are you referring to post # 870 ? If so: "No". Midas (if that is #870 author's name) is not a "liar". He is quite sincere about what he's posted.
Tom: By giving "more" than a "yes or no", you did a dodge in grand style. Enjoy your humble pie.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tom: By giving "more" than a "yes or no", you did a dodge in grand style. Enjoy your humble pie.

And by setting up a "do you still beat your wife" type question, you set up the perfect bait. :)

If I had simply said "no", you'd have said "then why don't you believe it works ?". Hence the perfect "do you still beat your wife" type question.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:BangHead:........Gentlemen please end it, no one is required to prove anything, no one is required to believe.....

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:BangHead:........Gentlemen please end it, no one is required to prove anything, no one is required to believe.....
I have some research and experimenting to do. Better get to it. It's ended.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some research and experimenting to do. Better get to it. It's ended.
Thank you sir.[emoji106]

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thank you Treasure Hunter - no more from me, except I may post some pictures later on if permissable.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Treasure Hunter - no more from me, except I may post some pictures later on if permissable.
Yes it is permissible, what isn't is any bickering, badgering or talking down to other members. All posts towards other members should be polite and courteous.

Thank you to all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread