Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is real simple, post by our rules.

If you disagree with another member's post, make your comments in a polite and respectful manner.

Help keep the atmosphere at TreasureNet fun! Sniping, name calling, denigration and other generally negative or abusive actions are grounds for moderation. In extreme cases grounds for banning!

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still looking for well documented evidence and testing myself....anyone got something :help::icon_study::icon_scratch:???

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uhhh , refer to post # 913 :

True no one is required to prove a dang thing to anyone......but if someone is trying to convince me or others of something, should we not be able to claim it false or theory until proven otherwise? I mean if they are not trying to convince people or share information supporting their theory, then why was a thread started?(keep in mind I skimmed some of this lengthy thread so it was not read word for word) Unless I missed something they have not made any monetary gains from these claims...So the point i'm making I guess is this whole thing just confuses me on its intentions.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
True no one is required to prove a dang thing to anyone......but if someone is trying to convince me or others of something, should we not be able to claim it false or theory until proven otherwise?....

TP-metal: You might be allowed to ask questions . That's the point of a forum after all, eh ? Is give & take exchange, eh ? And if you saw a logical hole or fallacy or "more plausible explanation", you might follow up their answers with deeper questions. To attempt to show them a weakness of their point or a more-plausible explanation.

But here's where it gets tricky: IN YOUR ATTEMPT to get someone to answer a challenge or alternative explanation, they could get mad. They report to the mod's that you are "badgering them". And you get the boot. Thus the fine-line between intellectual pro's/con's (ie.: "show me proof") and bullying (trying to get someone to cry uncle) is a delicate line that the mod's have to deal with. Fine line = you say "show me proof" and the person being questioned says "Oh, so you're calling me a liar ?" Or ... what is the definition of "well documented" (your words). See how this devolves ?

So all you can do is ask (as you did) "is there proof" ? And they can say "yes". But you can not scrutinize that claim or vague proof's (fuzzy photos, etc....) You can not suggest that there are other explanations at play. At least not in the sense of getting a final answer/point admitted to. Ie.: if you perceived they dodged a logical challenge, you can not "draw them back to it" to get them to answer.

Any back & forth dissection of claims and data can only go so deep. So if you saw a weakness or a flaw that you wanted clarified, you .... basically ... you can't go there. You can put a challenge out there, but ... if all they do is repeat a claim (with no answer to your challenge), you can not draw them back-to-point. The "last word" goes to the person making a claim. Not the person challenging a claim.

However: The mere asking of the question, and if the person being asked "skirted it", then : You have to read between the lines. And derive the answer.

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The US Government in Geological surveying used Infra-red film with an Ultraviolet Cross strobe, I have used the technique from the air and it will show precious metals up to 15ft under ground, it is Old school, did this almost 30 years ago.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
The US Government in Geological surveying used Infra-red film with an Ultraviolet Cross strobe, I have used the technique from the air and it will show precious metals up to 15ft under ground, it is Old school, did this almost 30 years ago.

Then why isn't this method being used all the time ? A government conspiracy hush job ?

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks a lot for your post Goldfinger. There is a very much of that system going on as of today. Be glad that a lot of folks are'nt staying tuned in to what is going on. As long as there are only a certain many doing this, it keeping them out of my tater patch.
Later on I will send you something about technology that will make your head swim unless you are staying up to date. BUT, nothing wrong with
Old school so long as it works.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... it keeping them out of my tater patch.....

We would love to see that "tater patch". But alas, ... we know the reasons that will not be forthcoming.

Sincere claims ... yes. But proofs beyond fuzzy pix ? No. And for good reasons after all. That have been spelled out many times before . (IRS, tater-patch claim-jumpers, thieves, govt. conspiracies, perhaps, etc...). If you ever change your mind and want to share some finds (and the related story, methods, etc....) I will be the first use the technology, and eat humble pie. Detecting, after all, and being fooled by the pesky aluminum , is getting downright cumbersome. If a technology gave a different light from gold, versus other objects (aluminum, iron, copper, etc...) that would be awesome.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We would love to see that "tater patch". But alas, ... we know the reasons that will not be forthcoming.

Sincere claims ... yes. But proofs beyond fuzzy pix ? No. And for good reasons after all. That have been spelled out many times before . (IRS, tater-patch claim-jumpers, thieves, govt. conspiracies, perhaps, etc...). If you ever change your mind and want to share some finds (and the related story, methods, etc....) I will be the first use the technology, and eat humble pie. Detecting, after all, and being fooled by the pesky aluminum , is getting downright cumbersome. If a technology gave a different light from gold, versus other objects (aluminum, iron, copper, etc...) that would be awesome.
Well Tom, you have the freedom to create the technology and make many more detecting folks very happy. I myself could enjoy that.
You gave me a good idea Tom, I may change my name to 'tater patch'. sounds real good, especially since my wife baked sweet potatoes today
and got the house smelling real good. NOW, all I need is a big fat possum.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P1010009.JPG

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot the message in the above post. FRESH OUTTA THE OVEN, TATERS for southern rednecks, OR, POTATOES for non rednecks.
I wish a real good THANKSGIVING DAY to all on TNET plus a merry christmas and happy new year too all in a bundle.
elh (aka taters)

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Forgot the message in the above post. FRESH OUTTA THE OVEN, TATERS for southern rednecks, OR, POTATOES for non rednecks.
I wish a real good THANKSGIVING DAY to all on TNET plus a merry christmas and happy new year too all in a bundle.
elh (aka taters)

Can those be seen with an infrared camera that sees only tater tots? If so, your tater tots are safe with me. :laughing7:

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can those be seen with an infrared camera that sees only tater tots? If so, your tater tots are safe with me. :laughing7:

THATS, THE ONE I WANT TO SEE. the day you refuse tater tots, fuzzy or no fuzzy. :laughing7:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
elh (aka taters)

Up here in potatoe country, we call 'em spuds....

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone here know what the nanometer (nm) rating is of the 5.25" floppy disc plastic like materiel is?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
70,000 nm (the Mylar film of a single-sided 5-1/4" floppy is 0.007 cm thick). Double sided - I don't know.

tutenstain

Greenie
Dec 19, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my frends we can , take pctures/s of gold targets not only with the old polarod . never use polaroid only i have seen . aniway i want to say that with digtals cameras we can find gold and the color of gold it is a perfect curcle .. ore more my frend he put a 2euro coin at 40cm depth and the foto that he take after. was the 2euro coin with the text on in crazy .... but true. and only with a digittal camera , and cheap not expensive equipment .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread