Digital cameras CAN see buried gold - Page 47
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 47 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
Like Tree517Likes

Thread: Digital cameras CAN see buried gold

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2009
    50 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    You can purchase a book on how to do this at: David Villanueva

Research is more important than detector but Positive Thinking & The Laws of Attraction Rule!
    Think Gold get Gold! Think canslaw get canslaw and other garbage!

us
    MR

Aug 2012
    Pacific Northwest
    Whites TDI,Garrett GTI 2500, Fisher Goldstrike and Coinstrike, Minelab X-Terra 70, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
    1 times
    Prospecting
    You are correct sirThis seems extremely unlikely, and if it were possible why are no larger companies promoting this technique to boost sales of there lens filters, anything for a buck philosiphy

us
    Apr 2011
    Cashion Oklahoma
    White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
    114 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckleBoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midas
    Sorry, if I have offended. I was merely alerting the good folks here to an exciting and practical new method for hunting treasure, I didn't mention a book.
    Why talk about yourself in third person?

To make it seem like you're sharing a newspaper article about yourself with all of us?

to be correct, in third person it would read,

"Sorry, if Midas has offended. Midas was merely alerting the good folks here to an exciting and practical new method for hunting treasure, Midas didn't mention a book."
    elgatodelnoche likes this.
    2013 Finds Thread

2013 American Coin Totals:
    Mercury Dimes: 5
    Roosevelt Dimes:17
    Franklin Halves: 1
    Wheat Pennies: 87+1 steel
    Washington Quarters: 2
    Barber Halves: 1

I'm back to work and away from home, looks like the most I'll be hunting for awhile.

Mar 2013
    HI guys
    im a dowser living in greece, for over 15 years ive been dowsing. im only looking for buried gold coins,from the 2 world war.

ive just bought a canon 350d rebel xt and all the cokin parts which david described in his book.

i need help to understand how to take a picture of the targets i have.

also my targets are in metal boxes from army bullets.the smallest amount is 3.000 pieces.

help please help

can anybody tell me step by step which settings I should put on my camera, CANON 350D REBEL XT with 18-55 lens ?

do I have to put in front of the round u-v filer another filter(square) ?

Maybe a colored square filter ?.

Im confused , david has told me some good things , im having trouble understanding.

Also maybe someone knows if the camera is affected by the magnetic field when looking for large amounts of gold coins? ?

Usually I dowse with an Anderson rod , but, whatever dowsing tool you use it does not break through the magnetic field, (alone)

Mar 2013
    3 times
    Hello everyone, Im really glad after 3 years this thread were still active, I had to regeister anew account coz my old accnt after 3 yrs were not working. I was the SICARII before and I had post pics and even do the experements on this topic. I found out that time of the day and the direction of shots is essential to capture those metalic radiation, I'll try this again in the oil field where lots of burried active pipelines..... ^_^

Mar 2013
    3 times
    was their a book about this already? Wow! after 3 years..

us
    Greg

Feb 2013
    Pueblo CO and Pensacola FL
    Whites MXT Pro 6X10 DD and 4X6 DD coils and coil covers
    9 times
    Prospecting
    Anyone thought of using a FLIR camera.
    Could use a different lens and play around with the setting for what you guys are trying to do..
    Kinda like looking for different heat signals.
    Just my two cents.

aq
    Mar 2012
    88 times
    Well, having converted many digital cameras to pure IR, it is relatively easy to remove the IR block from the sensor. It is best to get a cheap camera at a thrift or other place to do this with. On the internet, it is easy to find instructions on this conversion...
    There are several professional shops that will do this on a professional or more expensive camera, but then you convert the camera to IR permanently.

That being said, with the IR filter on the lens, you will get a 'monochrome' image, ie one color with highlights.

An image with multicolored IR is very suspect.

Most people switch the digital camera to B&W, which matches the typical images taken with IR.

BTW...there is an easy way to see if your digital has the filter over the sensor or not (many do it with software now) So go and get a TV remote, hold it in front of the camera, press some buttons and see if you can see the IR light from the remote. If you can, you are in luck, and your camera is not blocked. Then you only need the IR filter for the lense, (and long exposures)
    Last edited by AUVnav; Apr 03, 2013 at 05:01 PM.

us
    MD Addict

Jun 2013
    Bullhead City Arizona
    XP Deus
    146 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gtxkid View Post
    Anyone thought of using a FLIR camera.
    Could use a different lens and play around with the setting for what you guys are trying to do..
    Kinda like looking for different heat signals.
    Just my two cents.
    So are you now finding gold? Tell us, tell us, tell us......

Jim

us
    Dan Gamache

Aug 2013
    East Mesa, Arizona
    Garrett Deepseeker ADS
    115 times
    Prospecting
    So my guess here is that we are not seeing "auras". What we are seeing is the infrared heat signature.
    I will have to go and find some of my exposed color film and get me some IR filters and give this a try.
    Oddjob likes this.

us
    I am a good person and have a creative mind

Sep 2013
    United States
    2 times
    I extremely recommend the Cannon Insurgent XT it is a fairly old digicam and it is ideal for a starter it is what i use it is easy, resilient, and is amazing i am fairly sure it is about $200 or less expensive and i recommend purchasing a used one i guarantee you will drop madly in really like with it excellent luc
    Last edited by Alexis; Jan 05, 2014 at 01:28 AM.

ec
    Apr 2011
    3 times
    How many peopel take infered photos over Gold Your argument is really silly when you think about it .
    I tried this over a known Gold treasure site and Got an Aura first try So unless your going to try it yourself you could be a little more respectful to someone that has taken time from his day to try and inform you how to improve what your doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana Jim View Post
    I wonder why, statistally, only a few people on the planet can do this? With all the people on earth taking multi-trillions of pictures every minute with every concevable type, age, style, format of camera, only a handfull of folks can ever (much less repeatedly) take these pics? The math must make this statistically inconceivable.

I'm not convinced, but, it's a pleasure to have a few of those folks right here on TreasureNet with us.

us
    Apr 2012
    mo.
    3 times
    Thank you all for this great and interesting topic. I may have missed this so excuse me if I'm repeating but I assume this will only work on buried caches and not something hidden in a cave. Correct?

us
    Apr 2005
    New York
    DRS Ground Exper 3 Foot Probe Shovel
    14 times
    Metal Detecting
    After 5 years on topic and nothing conclusive...was my $20 and several hours of reading this topic a waste?...time will tell, if it has not already been determined.

us
    Rawhide

Nov 2010
    SouthWestern USA
    Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
    2056 times
    Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    After 5 years on topic and nothing conclusive...was my $20 and several hours of reading this topic a waste?...time will tell, if it has not already been determined.
    While I love any pioneer in my field of the hunt for heavy metals. Any piece of technology that could Id buried gold is expensive and owned by the govt. But if you have the aptitude dowsing or Lrl may be for you. Again some wont have the aptitude. As for a camera looking for buried gold it is not that far fetched. The Spanish and other cultures like the Mayan was very good at it. You can bet few use those old techniques today.
    Oddjob likes this.

Page 47 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links