Digital cameras CAN see buried gold - Page 59
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 59 of 99 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Like Tree516Likes

Thread: Digital cameras CAN see buried gold

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    elh

Aug 2015
    523 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    another picture of the gold coin on a silver round - the auras are repeatable at times.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8097.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	1512663
    miboje likes this.

us
    Barton Thom

Apr 2005
    Abiquiu, NM
    What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
    331 times
    Cache Hunting
    Elh, Post: 869, 870

I really like your photos of treasure auras. Barton
    miboje likes this.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    10047 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by elh View Post
    another picture of the gold coin on a silver round - the auras are repeatable at times.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8097.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	1512663

elh, let's assume your photograph results, in that staged test (of planting a gold coin) can not be attributed to any other more -plausible explanations. Ie.: that you did indeed get gold to be "seen" by a digital camera. Such that the actual composition was distinguishable from other metals.

Then do tell: Why aren't you going out and finding gold with this means ? Other than just staged tests on planted/known objects ?

Or HAVE you found "wild" gold by this means ? If so, can you share THOSE results with us. And also, to qualify as double blind: All the factors that led up to it. Eg.: were you using a detector to "pinpoint" ? Were there dry-holes perpetually prior to that (such that eventual gold could just have been eventual random chance) ? What caused you to choose the spot you were trying it at ? Eg.: that you already knew there was suspected to be a goodie there in the first place ? If so, then that would raise concerns about whether it was "wild" or not.

I say this with no "badgering" intent. We are gentlemen discussing whether cameras can be set up in such a way as to find gold.

The T'net "finds" forums are FILLED with posts where hobbyists daily show off their latest trophies in show & tell. Right ? Ok, let's see some that you attribute to the camera method. Because to merely show a staged test, is not "real world". As I said: So too can it be shown in a "staged test" that some metal detectors can pick up paper money. Yet you would never be able to replicate that in the "real world" to think, for a moment, that you're going to go out to detect paper money in the wild. See ?

us
    Oct 2009
    7467 times
    Hahaha, give up Tom, you are preaching to the blind, deaf and dumb. They dont want the truth, they just want to keep believing all their dirty lenses and sun flare dust is "proof". It is hilarious to watch their responses when you try though!
    Tom_in_CA likes this.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10047 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View Post
    Hahaha, give up Tom, you are preaching to the blind, deaf and dumb.....

Jason, good to hear from you. Yes perhaps you're right. I'm just fascinated by the psychology of this.

I guess it boils down to the tendency in all of us to "not want to be left out". It's Ssseeooo easy to believe in the unconventional and mystical. Why ? Lest you be "left out" and the other guy "laughing all the way to the bank". So we put critical thinking aside, and grasp on to any shred of hope .

us
    Jul 2011
    Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
    306 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    elh, let's assume your photograph results, in that staged test (of planting a gold coin) can not be attributed to any other more -plausible explanations. Ie.: that you did indeed get gold to be "seen" by a digital camera. Such that the actual composition was distinguishable from other metals.

Then do tell: Why aren't you going out and finding gold with this means ? Other than just staged tests on planted/known objects ?

Or HAVE you found "wild" gold by this means ? If so, can you share THOSE results with us. And also, to qualify as double blind: All the factors that led up to it. Eg.: were you using a detector to "pinpoint" ? Were there dry-holes perpetually prior to that (such that eventual gold could just have been eventual random chance) ? What caused you to choose the spot you were trying it at ? Eg.: that you already knew there was suspected to be a goodie there in the first place ? If so, then that would raise concerns about whether it was "wild" or not.

I say this with no "badgering" intent. We are gentlemen discussing whether cameras can be set up in such a way as to find gold.

The T'net "finds" forums are FILLED with posts where hobbyists daily show off their latest trophies in show & tell. Right ? Ok, let's see some that you attribute to the camera method. Because to merely show a staged test, is not "real world". As I said: So too can it be shown in a "staged test" that some metal detectors can pick up paper money. Yet you would never be able to replicate that in the "real world" to think, for a moment, that you're going to go out to detect paper money in the wild. See ?
    Lets see now Tom. As I recall, no one, that is no one here has posted a find, claiming that after simply putting on some old filter, then after randomly pointing their camera in some direction and presto, there it was, GOLD or Silver. Did you go into business just because you opened a store front door only? No. You had to work at it. If you cannot understand it is required to calibrate Metal Detector instruments on planted targets first, then you missed the point of every instruction every Electronic Metal Detector has with it and that is to learn about your machine with planted targets before you go out into the field with it. Every Electronic Metal detector I have owned or currently own says in the instructions that it will work better after I learn how to use it.

Testing first on "planted" targets is a must and is not a sign of weakness or failure in any sense of the word.
    Last edited by lesjcbs; Nov 09, 2017 at 09:17 PM.
    elh likes this.
    Einstein said: I know very well that many scientists consider dowsing as a type of ancient superstition. According to my conviction this is, however, unjustified. The dowsing rod is a simple instrument which shows the reaction of the human nervous system to certain factors which are unknown to us at this time.”

If dowsing does not work, the Spanish would not have used it as much as they did.

Practice makes perfect, even in dowsing.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10047 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by lesjcbs View Post
    ....Testing first on "planted" targets is a must and is not a sign of weakness or failure in any sense of the word.
    I agree with your post lesjcbs (and am not badgering, we are just discussing ). I had no beef with the showing of a staged test. And even granted that it could be totally legit. Nor was I 'dissing staged testings of methods. (md'rs do table tests all-the-time too).

However, to continue the fair comparison of table-tests and proper learning etc.... : After the md'r has done all that with a metal detector, he then goes out and finds stuff. Right ? And then posts his show & tell boasting rights. Eh ? So that's what I'm asking here: Has nyone ever gone out in the real world and found anything this way ?

us
    Jul 2011
    Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
    306 times
    Metal Detecting
    I agree with your post lesjcbs (and am not badgering, we are just discussing ). I had no beef with the showing of a staged test. And even granted that it could be totally legit. Nor was I 'dissing staged testings of methods. (md'rs do table tests all-the-time too).

However, to continue the fair comparison of table-tests and proper learning etc.... : After the md'r has done all that with a metal detector, he then goes out and finds stuff. Right ? And then posts his show & tell boasting rights. Eh ? So that's what I'm asking here: Has nyone ever gone out in the real world and found anything this way ?
    Tom:

I heard about this technique some years ago when I visited a Metal Detector dealer in Provo Utah. He told me how some guys in an“airplane” found an old ship off the coast of California that had treasure on it. He said they used a special type of Kodak film

Dave in England is not the first one to use this method. Fortunately though, he is willing to share his findings and information with all.

To answer your question about has anyone using this technique found real treasure during a real live treasure hunting trip where nothing was planted first, then posted it? Yes, but that post / report is not on this web site. See post #5 then go to post #28.

The best to ya,

Les.

P.S. I am up early today. Early to bed early to rise.
    Last edited by lesjcbs; Nov 10, 2017 at 05:25 AM.
    Einstein said: I know very well that many scientists consider dowsing as a type of ancient superstition. According to my conviction this is, however, unjustified. The dowsing rod is a simple instrument which shows the reaction of the human nervous system to certain factors which are unknown to us at this time.”

If dowsing does not work, the Spanish would not have used it as much as they did.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10047 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    ....To answer your question about has anyone using this technique found real treasure during a real live treasure hunting trip where nothing was planted first, then posted it? Yes, but that post / report is not on this web site. See post #5 then go to post #28....
    Les, post #5 didn't say or show anything to answer the question. Post #25 says:

"I am finding treasure all over the place, you will find me and my treasure finds in most British Treasure Annual Reports and at present I have a cache of gold coins going through the system. The cache is a further cache from the same site, where I successfully used my old Polaroid SX-70 to find gold coins. I am currently lining potential treasure sites up to use my digital camera technique on, when the conditions (crops) allow. Watch this space, as they say."

However, to my knowledge, no further link or info came of that, on this forum. I went to the "British Treasure Annual Reports" thanks to google, but you have to know the year, and the particular name & treasure you are looking for. So: You got a link ?

And even then, does it say "found with camera" ? Or simply "found my TH'r?" etc.... And even then: More info. Like, did the dude go to likely places (ruins, or where he had a lead already, etc...) and use his detector to "pinpoint" (and ... gee, he found metal).

Thus still waiting for info. Please post links.
    Jason in Enid likes this.

us
    Jul 2011
    306 times
    Metal Detecting
    Les, post #5 didn't say or show anything to answer the question. Post #25 says:

"I am finding treasure all over the place, you will find me and my treasure finds in most British Treasure Annual Reports and at present I have a cache of gold coins going through the system. The cache is a further cache from the same site, where I successfully used my old Polaroid SX-70 to find gold coins. I am currently lining potential treasure sites up to use my digital camera technique on, when the conditions (crops) allow. Watch this space, as they say."

However, to my knowledge, no further link or info came of that, on this forum. I went to the "British Treasure Annual Reports" thanks to google, but you have to know the year, and the particular name & treasure you are looking for. So: You got a link ?

And even then, does it say "found with camera" ? Or simply "found my TH'r?" etc.... And even then: More info. Like, did the dude go to likely places (ruins, or where he had a lead already, etc...) and use his detector to "pinpoint" (and ... gee, he found metal).

Thus still waiting for info. Please post links.
    That's OK Tom.
    elh likes this.

us
    Oct 2009
    7467 times
    That's OK Tom.

HAHAHA, in other words "no I cant produce proof".
    Tom_in_CA likes this.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10047 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View Post
    HAHAHA, in other words "no I cant produce proof".
    x2. But .... watch it , or you'll cross into "badgering"

elh

Aug 2015
    523 times
    TOM, I suppose you missed post # 870. enough said from my side. you either believe it or not. not badgering, BUT, I am not fool enuff to post
    anything like what you wish. Just be careful and not call folks liars.
    miboje likes this.

us
    Oct 2009
    7467 times
    x2. But .... watch it , or you'll cross into "badgering"
    Hey, this is the research forum, fair game. I stay out of the dowsing and metaphysical crap forums for that reason. If they want to bring this up outside of their safe zone, all discussion is fair game as long as it isnt insulting or name calling etc
    Tom_in_CA likes this.

us
    Rawhide

Nov 2010
    SouthWestern USA
    Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
    2051 times
    After trying to duplicate the experiment I was unable to see gold buried. I did learn a lot about light, spectrum's, and how such things as touch screens work. I worked with some optics while in military service and will say there is some great optics out there. While you could find voids and areas cooler in the ground like old path or cold air. My F75 is the only thing that I know that can find disturbed dirt. But again it can not take a picture. Now OKM has some great videos on their detectors and about as close as seeing gold in a picture as you will get. I still do wonder though if lightening really does like gold in the ground? Also blue fog early in the am would that indicate gold also?
    miboje likes this.

Page 59 of 99 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links