Digital cameras CAN see buried gold

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Target found.

Last week, I took my camera out to do this technique on an area. I took 26 photos. When I came back home and processed the pictures, the 4th picture showed a large quantity of orbs on the right side of the screen.

The following day I returned again to the same area and got the same results.

I returned another two days and came up with nothing.

Knowing the instructions are clear that the results can vary from one day to the next, I kept it in mind that I had gotten the same results twice in a row, but on different days.

Yesterday I returned to the area again with my detector to scan the area up close. I was about to leave in frustration, when all of a sudden, my detector beeped, on an unseen by the naked eye, a buried target.

The target was a smashed aluminum soda can. I scanned around the immediate area but came up with nothing more.

The distance from where I took the picture to the target was about 50 yards.

Great technique.

iziksa

May 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do you know what the name of the software he using on the computer to anlyze the image ?
please let me know

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
do you know what the name of the software he using on the computer to anlyze the image ?
please let me know
This may sound odd,
but all I know is I use an HP computer that I bought second hand from a friend. I also have an Acer Aspire 5515 that I can use.

What I have found is the camera's ability to take infrared pictures is most important, not the computer program. I have two Cannon cameras; the recommended 350D and a 20 D I bought from a thrift store for $10 dollars. The 20D does not work, while the 350 D does.

Your first order of business is to see if your camera will or will not work. To find out, take your TV remote, and with your camera on, point the remote toward the camera lens and press any key on the remote. If you see the remote IR light/s flashing in your camera view finder, that camera will work. If you don't see the remote lights flashing, that camera will not work.

My Cannon 20D takes fantastic pictures for sure, but when it comes to IR pictures, it will not work, period!

All I know is to make the 20D work, the internal filter has to be changed and that requires more skill than I have or want to try.

Last edited:

crashnaz75

Sep 15, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this is true, then why doesnt nasa have this type of imaging on their interplanetary rovers. I guarantee we find gold on another celestial body in quantity we will have people heading to mine with a year or less.

So what's up nasa, spacex find us some gold to mine we will lineup to go

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's gold in the asteroid belt. But so far it hasn't justified the round trip.

We lack the technology for a four year round trip for food, fuel and life-support for that time. Let alone seperating it from the rock in the vacuum of space.

Look at the 25.4 billion dollars it cost the Apollo Program to get 842 lbs of moon rocks over a period of years back to Earth. And the moon is a thousands times closer than the asteroids.

That's $1,800,000 an ounce for rock. How much is an ounce of gold worth?

How's 4.5 million ounces of gold sound to you. ;-). Go get it.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/nasa-headed-towards-giant-golden-asteroid-that-could-make-everyone-on-earth-a-

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/scienc...oid-could-spark-space-mining-boom-ncna1027971

But bring it back and an ounce of gold will have less value than an ounce of Vienna Sausage.

Last edited:

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday I took some IR pictures in an area of interest. In one picture, many ORBs showed up on my computer screen. I went back today and retrieved a piece of aluminum that was just below the surface but unseen by the naked eye. This is the second time I've retrieved aluminum using this method. I'll return to the same area tomorrow to continue the search.

I'm convinced this technique works, I just hope to locate my first gold. But since silver is more plentiful, something silver will do too.

Last edited:

Almanzor

Greenie
Jun 1, 2021
Gallarin Tower
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex Plus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello everybody! I've read almost half of this whole XD thread, I don't know if it is still active, but I would like you to give me your opinion on these photos that I have taken today. Thank you all very much for your interesting contributions. Greetings from Spain!

_MG_6250-2.jpg

_MG_6250.jpg

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everybody! I've read almost half of this whole XD thread, I don't know if it is still active, but I would like you to give me your opinion on these photos that I have taken today. Thank you all very much for your interesting contributions. Greetings from Spain!

View attachment 1933073

View attachment 1933074

I don't know how active the thread really is. The OP hasn't been active on the site in nearly a year. And no, Digital Cameras CAN'T See Buried Gold. So there's that.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

View attachment 1933074

You have a dust bunny on the image sensor. Your 5D has a sensor cleaning
option (vibration), and if that doesn't remove it, I would encourage you to
take it to a camera shop and have them clean it properly.

In my experience, trying to manually clean the sensor [yourself] on a DSLR generally
ends up with a worse situation than when you started. Getting it done properly is
well worth the few dollars the shop will charge you.

Last edited:

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First things first.

Some cameras are not able to capture infrared pictures. Here is how to know if your camera can be used for this technique.

1. Turn your camera on.
2. Point a TV remote at the lens.
3. Press any button on the remote.
4. If you can see the remote lights flashing, your camera is up to the task.
5. If you cannot see the remote IR lights blinking, you cannot use that camera for this technique.

I have four cameras. Three are good and one is not. It is a Cannon 20D.

It has to do with the filter inside the camera that makes the difference. In short, not all cameras are made the same so you have to be using a camera that is up to the task. This could be why some claim it does not work as their camera is the type that will not work.

Another way is to take pictures of other areas and if that dot shows up again, or follows you, then it is probably something on the lens as previously mentioned.

Last edited:

Almanzor

Greenie
Jun 1, 2021
Gallarin Tower
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex Plus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I suppose you have seen the metadata of the photo to know that it was taken with the canon 5D mark II. This camera does a sensor cleaning every time you turn it off, so I don't think that's it. I also had the sun visor on and the sun was too high for it to be a flash in the lens. In any case, thank you for your reply!

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion, the smudge area is in the foreground, not in the background eminating from under those distant trees. It appears imposed upon the background tree area and is near to the lens (or on the lens), from either the lens or perhaps something floating/flying right near to the lens.

Also, why has all the resolution been taken out of this picture? It's from a Canon 5D and should be brilliant and clear with outstanding resolution (up to 5760 x 3840) , but it's resolution is worse then some of the very first digital cameras from decades ago probably around 200x200 or about .1 megapixel, you couldn't even purposely set the camera to take that low of resolution pictures? I realize you can loose resolution when uploading, but not that much.

Do you have an original, higher resolution version of this picture you can post or link to?

smudge.jpg

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I suppose you have seen the metadata of the photo to know that it was taken with the canon 5D mark II. This camera does a sensor cleaning every time you turn it off, so I don't think that's it. I also had the sun visor on and the sun was too high for it to be a flash in the lens. In any case, thank you for your reply!

As a photographer, I can tell you that the vibration alone will not
remove some sensor spots.

It's possible you are correct about the sensor...only way to tell is to
shoot several more frames with that same lens combo and see if it
shows up.

Almanzor

Greenie
Jun 1, 2021
Gallarin Tower
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex Plus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The second image is an enlargement of the first, hence the loss of resolution. The first is taken as it came out of the camera in JPG instead of RAW to save space because they are part of a timelapse of 8000 photos. That flash only appears in 5 photos.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a thought if you really believe this (I've messed with it and concluded it does not work), take a picture from a different angle and see if the marks line up.

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Sacramento Ca. or Drain Or. USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
Many years ago as an electrician I noticed an old electrician walking around with welding rods marking on the ground and directing a back hoe operator so curious i went over to talk. An operator had hit a buried 4,160 volt cable buried under ground causing an explosion and power outage. This was all happening inside the grounds of an operating atomic power plant. The company had maps of all the buried cables but they did not appear TO BE ACCURATE AND THIS WAS A LONG TIME BEFORE GPS SO THEY FOUND AN ELECTRICIAN THAT HAD A SIDE LINE BUSINESS OF FINDING THINGS....sorry for cap lock,,,cables pipes etc and got him to go with the hie operator to make sure there were no more accidents. I questioned dowsing for water being used on electricity and he laughed. He said it will work on anything you want it to work on. He said most people can dowse but not all stay at it long enough to develop the skill. He showed me how it worked and i found it was easy for me. I could easily find pipes cables underground and thought about trying it on precious metals but never did. Now back to photography. About that time the Russians were playing around with kirlian photography and we discovered it would show a halo on the dowser that came up from his feet through his arms to the rods then from the rods back into the ground and it could be photographed., We also found masses of water would glow when using kirlian photography. An interesting discovery we made was a dowser could charge a string with this energy but if the string had a knot in it the glow would stop at the knot. This thread is sparking my interest in this old science and my thoughts of using it to find gold also.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirlian_photography

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many years ago as an electrician I noticed an old electrician walking around with welding rods marking on the ground and directing a back hoe operator so curious i went over to talk. An operator had hit a buried 4,160 volt cable buried under ground causing an explosion and power outage. This was all happening inside the grounds of an operating atomic power plant. The company had maps of all the buried cables but they did not appear TO BE ACCURATE AND THIS WAS A LONG TIME BEFORE GPS SO THEY FOUND AN ELECTRICIAN THAT HAD A SIDE LINE BUSINESS OF FINDING THINGS....sorry for cap lock,,,cables pipes etc and got him to go with the hie operator to make sure there were no more accidents. I questioned dowsing for water being used on electricity and he laughed. He said it will work on anything you want it to work on. He said most people can dowse but not all stay at it long enough to develop the skill. He showed me how it worked and i found it was easy for me. I could easily find pipes cables underground and thought about trying it on precious metals but never did. Now back to photography. About that time the Russians were playing around with kirlian photography and we discovered it would show a halo on the dowser that came up from his feet through his arms to the rods then from the rods back into the ground and it could be photographed., We also found masses of water would glow when using kirlian photography. An interesting discovery we made was a dowser could charge a string with this energy but if the string had a knot in it the glow would stop at the knot. This thread is sparking my interest in this old science and my thoughts of using it to find gold also.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirlian_photography

Which atomic power plant was this?

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this is true, then why doesnt nasa have this type of imaging on their interplanetary rovers. I guarantee we find gold on another celestial body in quantity we will have people heading to mine with a year or less.

EARTH FIRST!

We will mine the other planets later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread