Digital cameras CAN see buried gold - Page 82
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 82 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1480
Like Tree517Likes

Thread: Digital cameras CAN see buried gold

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2013
    Maryland
    Bounty Hunter
    1371 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by lesjcbs View Post
    Calling all skeptics, calling all skeptics. Please meet me over at the dowsing threads and read the post: A question for skeptics.
    I thought you left...

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    33981 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Gotta Wonder !

Kouri island Okinawa

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000aaa.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	195.8 KB 
ID:	1662532

park near me

Name:	DSCF00060.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	462.8 KB 
ID:	1662533
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Dec 20, 2018 at 07:51 PM.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    10061 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by lesjcbs View Post
    Calling all skeptics, calling all skeptics. Please meet me over at the dowsing threads and read the post: A question for skeptics.
    Uh .... lesjcbs ........ I took you up on your invitation, as you saw. But got my *ss chewed out, for answering your direct questions. I took your bait and it was my own dumb fault. But , please ...... going forward..... Please please please : If you want input on dowsing subject: Which it seemed that you did and seemed that you'd be open to opposing views, then ... Please please please just put it on a main page, of some other forum.

Maybe you weren't aware (and I've just been reminded is still-in-place): That forum is ONLY for affirming views. If you knew that, then ... why oh why did you create the post, and then send out invitations for persons to answer ??

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29963 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    Uh .... lesjcbs ........ I took you up on your invitation, as you saw. But got my *ss chewed out, for answering your direct questions. I took your bait and it was my own dumb fault. But , please ...... going forward..... Please please please : If you want input on dowsing subject: Which it seemed that you did and seemed that you'd be open to opposing views, then ... Please please please just put it on a main page, of some other forum.

Maybe you weren't aware (and I've just been reminded is still-in-place): That forum is ONLY for affirming views. If you knew that, then ... why oh why did you create the post, and then send out invitations for persons to answer ??
    Tom that is not what I said in my post and you know it, this isn't the first time you done this either. End it or I will.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Dec 21, 2018 at 02:47 PM.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Retired Air Force, unfortunately still working

Apr 2007
    Moses Lake, WA
    White's Coinmaster and MXT, sluice
    193 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gallileo60 View Post
    Now thats just plain funny...Best of luck to ya...
    There are so many ways to misquote this post.
    Sometimes the wise old man shows up. Other times its just the old man.

us
    Jul 2011
    Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
    306 times
    Metal Detecting
    I feel crushed Tom wants me to play somewhere else.
    Einstein said: I know very well that many scientists consider dowsing as a type of ancient superstition. According to my conviction this is, however, unjustified. The dowsing rod is a simple instrument which shows the reaction of the human nervous system to certain factors which are unknown to us at this time.”

If dowsing does not work, the Spanish would not have used it as much as they did.

Practice makes perfect, even in dowsing.

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2794 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    If throwing virgins into volcanoes, to control the weather, does not work, then the Natives would not have used it as much as they did.
    Oh jeeze Tom do you really have to go all tupid on this again!?!? Guess I'm going to have to go back to calling you Sheldon, but I hesitate because he at least uses logic when he's being a pain. Sorry my friend I don't think anyone is going to just "shoot you a copy". Is that a thinly veiled attempt to acquire a free copy? Why would we need to have you critique anything ?!?! Are you trying to say you're an expert using this technique? If you read back in the early posts I gave you instructions on doing the camera mods (which you refused to at least try), even gave you information on a company that will do the mod for you. In your haste to twist the conversation you skipped what I said about the cameras & filters. If the camera has a filter built in from the factory blocking a wide range of the IR spectrum, it doesn't matter what filter you add on. You could literally stack filters till you looked like you had a 50mm lens and accomplish nothing. I'll ask you again for the umpteenth time. Why doesn't this technique work? I'd expect you to be able to answer that in a heartbeat! Buy yourself a copy of David's book, >>read it with an open mind<< then go back and read the early posts here use the hints etc. Sorry Sheldon, you'll have to mod a camera or have it done. How in the heck can you say something doesn't work if you've obviously not done any research, field tests, experiments or listen to people who have? As with anything you're not going to throw batteries in it and hit the backyard, you need to learn. With a closed mind you might as well stay home .

Well Sheldon, Spend some money, get the book, get you a camera & filters , do some experimenting in the field and learn something go back & learn from our experiences.
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

us
    Mar 2003
    Oregon & Texas
    Custom Designs and Prototypes
    872 times
    Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    If the camera has a filter built in from the factory blocking a wide range of the IR spectrum, it doesn't matter what filter you add on. You could literally stack filters till you looked like you had a 50mm lens and accomplish nothing. ... Buy yourself a copy of David's book, >>read it with an open mind<< then go back and read the early posts here use the hints etc.
    Boogey, DV's book says just the opposite... that you have to leave the IR blocking filter in the camera. If what you say is true, then what good is buying a copy of DV's book gonna do for anyone? If it's wrong on that detail, then that a really wrong wrong, resulting in useless.

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2794 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
    Boogey, DV's book says just the opposite... that you have to leave the IR blocking filter in the camera. If what you say is true, then what good is buying a copy of DV's book gonna do for anyone? If it's wrong on that detail, then that a really wrong wrong, resulting in useless.
    WOW! Hats off to you! At least you read it! Cool! (compliment in a good way). It's a starting point. Taking his work & moving forward was my next step. Best example I could think of would be you taking a schematic someone did & then said what if I did this? The schematic you used isn't carved in stone absolute but if you hadn't had it, you wouldn't have tried things and improved on it as I'm sure you've done a few times. Also too there's another thing, he only used a single type of camera. I think he got results and didn't go further to see if other cameras gave better or no results. I started with this back in the Polaroid days and found three cameras that produced zero nada zilch And I would not have known this if I hadn't started with "the book" and tried to find better results by working off his work. He pretty much gave up hope when Polaroid quit producing film packs. Digital will work with a modded camera but how many of us have the time & money to test as much as what's needed? Right now I've been sitting on a lens for a completely different application for two or three months now. Just haven't had the time to modify it to test. Holding it in my fingers and a bunch of gaffers tape doesn't work. I think it might eliminate the processing but I'd have to make it work 99% of the time before I'd make anything close to a claim. Oh, one thing David didn't get was if you mod the camera, take that internal filter out you can use the same type filter externally. You can't do this as a one setup fits all thing. Davids book is a very good starting point although it's getting a little outdated now. Think! Some of the people here have no photography experience, so they need to have a starting point & see it isn't a run out on the beach pop a shot process & go dig the mother load! Just like everything in detecting, treasure hunting, what ever tag you want to put on this if you don't put in the work your success won't be there. Period! I'm a firm believer in "No work no gain! Nothing comes easy or free". I'll post more as time permits. Again compliments! Good to see you did some studying instead of throwing out throwing virgins in the fire garbage as Sheldon does.
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10061 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    .... instead of throwing out throwing virgins in the fire garbage as Sheldon does.
    boogeyman, did you figure out where I got the sentence structure for this saying:

"If throwing virgins into volcanoes, to control the weather, does not work, then the Natives would not have used it as much as they did."

It came from someone else's avetar signature line. And their logic (of what makes something work-able) was simply applied to other ancient practices. I was simply extending their logic, of how-we-can-know something works or not. Eh ?

As for photography able-to-see hidden gold: Everything you're saying (including calling me Sheldon) would be very true, if , in fact, cameras could-be-made to do that. Essentially, to summarize what you're saying: "practice makes perfect", and "how do you know if you haven't tried it ?"

If I had reason to suspect there might be merit to the theory, then yes, I would by books, try it, etc.... But of yet, we (including yourself, if I'm not mistaken), have seen no results. Just oodles of experiments. And streaks of lights, glows, etc.... that can be chalked up to other things (random chance, orbs, etc....). Ie.: any "seeming" results, can be attributed to other explanations. Nor are they consistent (dog turd vs gold, etc...).

So to give you an example, what if I came up with an unconventional TH'ing method (tossing tennis shoes into the air, and making note of which way they pointed when they hit the ground). And if you said "That's preposterous", all I'd need to do is tell you to "try it" and "buy books about it" and call you Sheldon, etc... Right ? After all, you can't 'diss it till you've tried it, right ? I'm just turning your standards of evaluation back on you. You really need to try the tennis shoe idea. And if you don't, then you can't 'diss it, right ?

br
    Jul 2018
    535 times
    Well, on a serous note, I found out the the newer iPhones do not have the IR filter on the camera lense, but in the software. This allows you to get the IR as taken. A good way to test is the old TV remote test. My Samsung sees noting, while my iPhone sees the beam and pulse perfectly.

Just wanted to add that to the mix.

Going back to IR. In the early 1900's, when the aerial images were taken from balloons, it was with Black and White IR film. There is quite the historical study using these, as the old buried stream beds and roads show up perfectly. They had no idea to add IR filters...

Name:	world+war+I.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	1663510
    Last edited by xaos; Dec 24, 2018 at 08:38 AM.
    I love the taste of water, frozen into squares, and surrounded by rum

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10061 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by xaos View Post
    .... Going back to IR. In the early 1900's, when the aerial images were taken from balloons, it was with Black and White IR film. There is quite the historical study using these, as the old buried stream beds and roads show up perfectly.
    Ok, sure. And there's odd-ball things like Lidar photography. But .... does that necessarily mean that gold can be differentiated ? So that we're clear: There's a world of difference between "stream beds" and "roads" and "gold", right ?

One does not necessarily prove the other.

br
    Jul 2018
    535 times
    Tom, I was not speaking about gold or any other specific. Just what was available back then in remote sensing.

I suppose if you had the open lens with no filter, the media would have to be able to record it. The current digital media, I dont believe is there to record the spectrum outside of the visible realm, and it was never intended to. Granted there are cameras specifically meant to do this.
    Given that, one could process the other spectrum with false color, but a heck of a lot of experimentation with different material would be needed to assign a spectrum to a material.

My post was more about search locations, that actual identification.

LiDAR, Light Detection and Ranging, finds just that, range. Nothing more, a a lot less.
    Last edited by xaos; Dec 24, 2018 at 08:44 AM.
    Tom_in_CA likes this.
    I love the taste of water, frozen into squares, and surrounded by rum

us
    Mar 2003
    Oregon & Texas
    Custom Designs and Prototypes
    872 times
    WOW! Hats off to you! At least you read it!
    Of course I've read it. Also have Matacia's book. Said that several times now. I've also done extensive experiments with both Polaroid (SX-70) and digital. Said that several times as well. What DV is doing is just blocking out the majority of all light and then post-processing to bring out the luminance noise. See my post 1127. DV's method is completely and utterly useless. Post 1127 offers practical guidance on how to experiment with IR and even though gold auras are just fiction, IR photography can be useful in other ways (and is pretty cool).
    Clay Diggins likes this.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10061 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
    ..... DV's method is completely and utterly useless.....
    Nope. Wrong. It simply means that DV didn't practice long enough or hard enough, wasn't patient enough, didn't study enough, didn't buy enough books, etc..... Repent Carl.

Page 82 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links