Digital cameras CAN see buried gold - Page 86
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 86 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1478
Like Tree516Likes

Thread: Digital cameras CAN see buried gold

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    10058 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    And I'm still waiting for you to address why the science arrogance finger can't point both ways ? If the claimant uses science to make his claim, he's not accused of "arrogance". Why is it that the "arrogance" finger only gets pointed, when someone pushes BACK with science ?

Why doesn't the finger potentially get pointed both ways, since EACH side is appealing to science for their proofs or rebuttals ?

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29822 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    And again, no one has to prove anything to any one, pro or con.
    elh and DizzyDigger like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Jul 2011
    Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
    306 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    And I'm still waiting for you to address why the science arrogance finger can't point both ways ? If the claimant uses science to make his claim, he's not accused of "arrogance". Why is it that the "arrogance" finger only lets pointed, when someone pushes BACK with science ?

Why doesn't the finger potentially get pointed both ways, since EACH side is appealing to science for their proofs or rebuttals ?
    "But there is one area where scientists have a strong tendency to be arrogant, and that concerns the understanding of science itself. Many natural scientists have a low opinion of the ability of non-scientists to make sense of the world."

Because of the speed Tom read the article I referred to in my post #1272, which was exactly one(1) minute after I posted it, I sincerely doubt he read it at all. If he did, fantastic, he is a speed reader of the highest order.

I have no proof this technique works, yet. But it is clear scientists think that everything new or different from established norms, is "some notion". I can only suppose that is because they wear beards, glasses, work out of laboratories, and pontificate about their level of formal education.

Read that article I posted in post 1272.

Now since I publicly said I personally do not have proof yet, it is now your turn to show what proof you have that this technique will not work, or admit you have none either.
    Last edited by lesjcbs; Feb 02, 2019 at 04:56 PM.
    Einstein said: I know very well that many scientists consider dowsing as a type of ancient superstition. According to my conviction this is, however, unjustified. The dowsing rod is a simple instrument which shows the reaction of the human nervous system to certain factors which are unknown to us at this time.

If dowsing does not work, the Spanish would not have used it as much as they did.

Practice makes perfect, even in dowsing.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10058 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by lesjcbs View Post
    But there is one area where scientists have a strong tendency to be arrogant, and that concerns the understanding of science itself.....
    Ok. I am referring to the USE of science, to bolster an assertion/claim, or attempt to debunk said claim. Regardless of whether the person is an actual scientist, by profession. And sure, let's assume that "Scientists are arrogant". Ok. Then my response is :

A) that doesn't make their scientific observations wrong,

B) this maligning of "scientists" (granting that it's true, for sake of argument) would merely lead to off-hand dismissal of ANYTHING a scientist said on the subject . Right ? After all, they're a scientist. And all scientists are "arrogant", eh ? So we can't trust anything they say ?

C) neither of us is scientists anyhow, right ? Hence this doesn't apply to the discussion anyhow, right ?

.... Now since I publicly said I personally do not have proof yet, it is now your turn to admit what proof you have that this technique will not work.
    Thanx for acknowledging your lack of proof of the camera method. I too will admit therefore: I have no proof that it won't work. So that puts us at an impasse. Except for me to say: The burden of proof wouldn't be on my side anyhow. It would on the claimant, not the skeptic.

us
    Jul 2011
    Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
    306 times
    Metal Detecting
    "So that puts us at an impasse. Except for me to say: The burden of proof wouldn't be on my side anyhow. It would on the claimant, not the skeptic."

There have been many posts in the past on this subject and thread by people showing the results of their tests, some even showed the retrieved target. Yet at the same time, nothing by way of proof it does not work has ever been posted by any skeptic. Again if it happened, I missed it.

Therefore, the very ratio or weight of posts showing retrieved target's to zero (0) from skeptics evidence carries the day and wins the case.

Need I explain further
    about the rules of evidence?
    Last edited by lesjcbs; Feb 02, 2019 at 05:40 PM.
    Einstein said: I know very well that many scientists consider dowsing as a type of ancient superstition. According to my conviction this is, however, unjustified. The dowsing rod is a simple instrument which shows the reaction of the human nervous system to certain factors which are unknown to us at this time.

If dowsing does not work, the Spanish would not have used it as much as they did.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10058 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    .... There have been many posts in the past on this thread by people showing the results of their tests, some even showed the retrieved target.....
    Yes. I acknowledge that. And I have frequently called that "anecdotal" , as you'll recall.

"Anecdotal" = personal testimony, etc.... Not subjected to tests for more-plausible explanations, not double blind, etc.... In the same way we couldn't conclude big foot, or Loch-ness, or abducted by aliens, despite the MANY grainy photographs and insistent people who claim to have experienced or seen strange things.
    Last edited by Tom_in_CA; Feb 02, 2019 at 05:38 PM.

us
    Jul 2011
    306 times
    Metal Detecting
    Evidence, even anecdotal evidence against no evidence wins the case.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10058 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Evidence, even anecdotal evidence against no evidence wins the case.
    Ok. And would you apply this same standard of proof/evidence to other phenomenons that the general public might claim ?

us
    Jul 2011
    306 times
    Metal Detecting
    If you are a judge, yes as that is the standard until proof is presented to the contrary, and that has not happened. Like I said twice already, if it did, I missed the post.

So, until such evidence is posted explaining how it does not work, the verdict stands.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10058 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    If you are a judge, yes as that is the standard until proof is presented to the contrary,....
    Interesting. Ok. Then let's say that you are the "judge". Someone comes to you , saying they saw Elvis alive. Their proof is: They show you a picture they snapped of him on the streets of Las Vegas last week. A splitting image likeness ! And they even got a tape recording of the voice of the person, and it certainly sounds like Elvis' voice.

You can not prove the picture WASN'T Elvis. You can't go to the grave and dig it up to test DNA of bones, d/t the next of kin deny your request to dig up the grave.

Thus, in your absence of proof that it ISN'T Elvis in that last week's pix and tape-recording, then by your standards: You would accept that it is Elvis ?

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10058 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Also, interestingly, if this standard for "anecdotal evidence" is court-room worthy like that: Then we would have to equally accept that pictures, where NO glows or lights were seen, is therefore equal evidence that the system doesn't work.

In other words: "anecdotal" and "random chance odds" claim: Can work both ways. Both for or against a proposition. The hypothetical judge, that you speak of, would equally have to accept the photograph that shows no glow.

That is why there needs to be more than anecdotal , both for, OR against, a proposition.
    Last edited by Tom_in_CA; Feb 02, 2019 at 06:28 PM.

us
    Jul 2011
    306 times
    Metal Detecting
    That is right, but that is not what has happened in this thread.

Several posts show target's retrieved. So, it works for me, why not for you would be the final question that would
    override no images at all and would win the case

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10058 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    ... Several posts show target's retrieved. So, it works for me, why not for you ...
    Ok, then to expand on the analogy, what would be wrong with this :

"Several posts show pix of Elvis walking the streets of Vegas alive. So it works for me, why not for you ..."

You would probably say: It's *more plausible* that there's another explanation for the Elvis seen on the streets. Right ?

Hence I too am waiting for a bit better evidence than anecdotal pictures. In the same way you'd probably wait for better evidence of Elvis = alive. Right ?

XLV

Jul 2016
    241 times
    Tom your wasting your time .......these scams cost countless lives and dollars to stupid treasure hunters that are brain dead enough to believe in LRL dowsing and cameras finding gold

us
    Jul 2011
    306 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    Ok, then to expand on the analogy, what would be wrong with this :

"Several posts show pix of Elvis walking the streets of Vegas alive. So it works for me, why not for you ..."

You would probably say: It's *more plausible* that there's another explanation for the Elvis seen on the streets. Right ?

Hence I too am waiting for a bit better evidence than anecdotal pictures. In the same way you'd probably wait for better evidence of Elvis = alive. Right ?
    To the one with the Elvis pix I would say, "Bring your LIVE Elvis in to court." To the one showing a pix of a retrieved target I would say: "Bring your target in to court."

BTW 666, I paid just a little over $20.00 for the book and no one has died from it.

If anyone is wasting time, it's me. But, for now, I don't mind,
    Last edited by lesjcbs; Feb 03, 2019 at 08:28 AM.

Page 86 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links