Digital cameras CAN see buried gold - Page 87
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 87 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1478
Like Tree516Likes

Thread: Digital cameras CAN see buried gold

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    10047 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by lesjcbs View Post
    To the one with the Elvis pix I would say, "Bring your LIVE Elvis in to court."...
    Aaahhhh, Ok. We're getting somewhere ! So you would agree the anecdotal evidence (last week's pix of Elvis walking down the Las Vegas strip) is not sufficient to prove Elvis is alive. You would want further proof. Eg.: Bringing Elvis to court, in this case.

SO TOO is it with our view of the unconventional TH'ing methods . (this camera method and ... uh .... certain others).

Sure: The anecdotal evidence and personal testimonies are interesting. And it may someday be proved that: The seeming results are not chalked up to other more plausible explanations. But without careful replicated tests (like bringing Elvis into court), then ... as you can see: Even you now agree that the evidence needs to be a little more scientific, for peer review.

us
    Nov 2011
    XP Deus
    832 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    If the evidence was scientific then this thread would not be here. LOL

I realize people think they can change other people. That is not how it works. You can't change ANYONE. If a person is to change, the only way is if they are SICK AND TIRED OF THE WAY THEY ARE.

There is an expression, "If you think is is easy to change other people, just try and change yourself."

Even my saying this is totally futile (for both sides of this argument). LOL But maybe other people who have not set their thoughts in concrete might consider this.
    Last edited by signal_line; Feb 03, 2019 at 09:45 AM.
    DizzyDigger likes this.
    Love transcends this world we live in to Heaven.
    I'll leave it to you to figure out where the opposite goes.

If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

L-rods are obsolete.

May you never take one single breath for granted.

us
    Jul 2011
    Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
    306 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    Aaahhhh, Ok. We're getting somewhere ! So you would agree the anecdotal evidence (last week's pix of Elvis walking down the Las Vegas strip) is not sufficient to prove Elvis is alive. You would want further proof. Eg.: Bringing Elvis to court, in this case.

SO TOO is it with our view of the unconventional TH'ing methods . (this camera method and ... uh .... certain others).

Sure: The anecdotal evidence and personal testimonies are interesting. And it may someday be proved that: The seeming results are not chalked up to other more plausible explanations. But without careful replicated tests (like bringing Elvis into court), then ... as you can see: Even you now agree that the evidence needs to be a little more scientific, for peer review.
    For you and other skeptics (doubting Thomas types), this is true.

This makes skeptics slow in learning and even slower in finding the truth.
    Einstein said: I know very well that many scientists consider dowsing as a type of ancient superstition. According to my conviction this is, however, unjustified. The dowsing rod is a simple instrument which shows the reaction of the human nervous system to certain factors which are unknown to us at this time.”

If dowsing does not work, the Spanish would not have used it as much as they did.

Practice makes perfect, even in dowsing.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10047 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    .... this is true.

This makes skeptics slow in learning and even slower in finding the truth.
    Strangely: Most people would consider "following the evidence to where it most likely points", to be the FASTEST in learning. And the MOST LIKELY way to find the truth. But .... oh well.

us
    Jul 2011
    Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
    306 times
    Metal Detecting
    The truth of this technique has already been published and used successfully by others than the author in this thread.

Try being optimistic for once Tom, and new and wonderful things about the world around you will open up to you.

Until then, you will remain stuck in a never ending loop of doubt, skepticism, and unanswered questions, all of which will put you way behind in finding the truth.

Not a good way to be.
    Einstein said: I know very well that many scientists consider dowsing as a type of ancient superstition. According to my conviction this is, however, unjustified. The dowsing rod is a simple instrument which shows the reaction of the human nervous system to certain factors which are unknown to us at this time.”

If dowsing does not work, the Spanish would not have used it as much as they did.

us
    Dec 2018
    Alaska
    Nox 800
    433 times
    I didnt read all 87 pages, did anyone spend a few bucks on a filter and give it a shot or did everyone just use this as a reason to complain about something

us
    Jul 2011
    306 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz12 View Post
    I didnt read all 87 pages, did anyone spend a few bucks on a filter and give it a shot or did everyone just use this as a reason to complain about something
    Yes, I bought the book, a camera, filter / s, and a tripod. The technique works well with camera in hand, but works slightly better with hands off, on a tripod, and set to a10 second shutter delay. There is no camera shake when on a tripod.

us
    Mar 2003
    Oregon & Texas
    Custom Designs and Prototypes
    830 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz12 View Post
    Yeah, here's my experience in Post 1127.

Also Post 1095.

us
    Jul 2011
    306 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
    Cybercore, the concept of treasure auras is a farce. Pretend. Make-believe. Tain't try real. That said, if you want to join in the game, then you probably should get the recommended equipment.

David Villanueva (DV) recommends a Canon EOS 350D. If you get anything else and fail, this will be pointed out as the cause. Next, get an IR (pass) filter and attach to the lens; DV recommends a 720nm Cokin (square frame, probably A-style). Because the camera has a built-in IR blocking filter, at this point the two filters are blocking almost all the light to the sensor, across the entire spectrum. The resulting images will be extremely dark; pass them through gamma-correction software and, voila!, you have auras.

The "auras" you get are actually the result of luminance noise caused by too little light getting to the sensor. You can eliminate them by taking long exposure times, but that also eliminates the fun, which is why DV never recommends it. As I mentioned in a previous post, luminance noise is just as likely to show up photographing dog turds as buried treasure.

If you want to truly experiment with IR, then here's an alternative:

1. Get a camera with a CCD sensor. The Canon uses a CMOS sensor, and CCD has better low-light and IR sensitivity. My personal choice is a Minolta 7D, but they are almost collector items now. A possible good (and cheap) choice is a Sony Alpha A100, the follow-on after Sony bought Minolta. Should work just as well but I've never tried it.

2. Remove the internal IR filter. DV says Don't Do This, but if auras are really in the infrared region like he claims then it makes no sense to intentionally kill the IR light coming in, except for the fact that it produces luminance noise and people can pretend they are auras. There is plenty of info on the web as to how to remove the filter. You could replace it with an IR-pass filter (lots of IR photographers do this), but I recommend a glass spacer, and doing all the filtering at the front of the lens.

3. Get a variety of IR pass filters for the lens. Play around with the normal camera settings, and you will get some stunning IR photographs. Cut way back on the exposure time, or maybe throw in an IR blocking filter, and you can get a really dark image that can be post-processed to reveal either an aura or luminance noise. Depending on whether you were photographing buried gold or a dog turd.

While treasure auras are a bunch of made-up nonsense, IR photography is itself fascinating. And people have used IR imaging to look at ground density variations, to locate old roads, foundations, and the like. That is to say, IR is not useless in treasure hunting, but pretending it produces treasure auras is.
    Here's my experience with this technique: lots of false orbs and from working this technique, I have come to pretty much know when they are false orbs. So the challenge is to know the difference.

I now quote directly from my MD instruction manual page 15: "You may encounter false signals as you proceed. False signals occur when the detector beeps, but no metal target is present."

It then goes on and explains why this happens and how to know when it happens. There is no mention about getting a different detector and modifying it.

So, how does one come to know the difference when it occurs? It's just like getting to know your MD; practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice then practice, practice, and practice even more.

It's as simple as that.
    Last edited by lesjcbs; Feb 04, 2019 at 06:46 AM.
    elh likes this.

XLV

Jul 2016
    234 times
    ive seen first hand many times LRL , dowsing , and digtal cameras used in scams to rip of investors ,,,and dont think that this B.S don't cost lives.... because where am at people will die digging to china in believing your orb stories ...
    Tom_in_CA likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    Minelab Equinox 600 Garrett ACE 250
    188 times
    Ever see a thread keep popping up in your "What's New" list and stare blankly at it wondering:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WTF.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	1677401
    DizzyDigger likes this.
    Kevin

us
    Jul 2011
    306 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by 666 View Post
    ive seen first hand many times LRL , dowsing , and digtal cameras used in scams to rip of investors ,,,and dont think that this B.S don't cost lives.... because where am at people will die digging to china in believing your orb stories ...
    Yes, you are absolutely correct, people are dying off like flies, slapping a filter on just any old camera, then pointing and shooting.

I just wonder how many of your dead people did not first read the instructions on how to do this technique?

us
    Jul 2011
    306 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'm signing off for now.

The temperatures are to cold right now around here are too capture aura's.

I will return probably in April.

See ya.
    Last edited by lesjcbs; Feb 04, 2019 at 09:12 AM.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10047 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    If this is true:

The truth of this technique has already been published and used successfully by others than the author in this thread.....
    Then this would be true :

.... Try being optimistic for once Tom, and new and wonderful things about the world around you will open up to you....
    But the devil in the details definitions we have is: The "published" and "used successfully" quotes. If that can be any testimonials, and anecdotal grainy photographs, then SURE. But if we're talking double-blind scientific tests, then : It seems that even-you acknowledge that we have not crossed that bridge yet.

Because, as you said in # 1278 :

..... " I publicly said I personally do not have proof yet".....
    And you go on to attribute your lack of proof to various challenges, not-doing-it right, need-for more practice, etc..... :

..... know when they are false orbs. So the challenge is to know the difference......
    ....I just wonder how many of your dead people did not first read the instructions on how to do this technique?
    Or can it possibly be, that the method simply doesn't work ?
    Last edited by Tom_in_CA; Feb 04, 2019 at 05:11 PM.
    DizzyDigger likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    27744 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    wow and this goes on for how many pages

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Page 87 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links