anyone used a VR detector from vernell electronics ?

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dowsing rod scam... it's already located all the treasure it ever will.

OP
OP
Ifoundit69

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got it ,it is vr300g , after reading that article im discouraged already ..which really sucks becuase I could have baught another coil for my metal detector ...but when the rain stops im going to try ive dowsing for awhile now ,so im expserianced with the dowsing side of it ,hey who knows it might work ...I will try it and let everyone know my results and if it doesnt work I will write kellyco and make them aware that they are advertizing a company who's equipment doesnt work ....

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ifoundit69 said:
I will write kellyco and make them aware that they are advertizing a company who's equipment doesnt work ....

They already know.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning swr: Nah, but the expensive looking, questionable circuitry, may just be used to force feed confidence into a doubting dowser. It may be just enough to actually help the operator to actually find something. If so, is it a success??

Don Jose de La Mancha

M

Mike(Mont)

I don't agree with your assessment. I go by the guideline that dowsing is mental discrimination. A true LRL does not use mental discrimination.

M

Mike(Mont)

Terminology is definitely a problem with all of this. Many people have a very broad definition of dowsing. The skeptics claim that anything that uses L-rods is dowsing. This is not accurate. As I said, the guideline I use is anything that uses mental discrimination is dowsing. Mental discrimination means the person filters out everything except what they are searching for. They ignore any rod response that is not what they are searching for. "Nothing can resonate except _____." You fill in the blank with the desired target. That's mental discrimination.

I think it was in the 1970's Vernon Rose developed a device that later evolved (rather devolved) into what is known as MFD or Molecular Frequency Discrimination. The original equipment had a transmitter and an electronic receiving system and it is said to produce a resonance between the transmitter and the target in the form of a signal line (something similar to magnetic flux lines) and was used that way until sometime in the 1980's when Dell Winders discovered that the signal line to the target could be traced by using hand-held L-rods that were commonly used as dowsing devices. Of course many people associated the dowsing with this and wrongly assumed it to be dowsing. VR Electronics still sells the electronic receiver equipment to this day. The L-rods became popular because they are quick, cheap and very sensitive for an experienced user. Of course on the other end of the scale there are a few people who cannot use L-rods accurately and continue to claim the whole thing is a fraud with no other proof than "I can't do it so no one else can either." Anyway this resonance between the transmitter and the target is what is called the discriminated signal line and it doesn't require the person to filter out any other responses because when conditions are good, mostly all other signals are overpowered and only the line to the target is picked up. Of course there is usually more than one signal line and some other materials can interfere. So this is the "D" in MFD and it is referred to as "physical discrimination".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread