vlf technology

jesus

May 9, 2009
The vlf technology has many years in market, but what do we wait for this when we need go deeper?, somebody know what deep is good for vlf ?, some turkish devices speak about 12 meters with a big coil and 3 or 4 meters with smaller coils. My big question is: Is it possible to get good penetration with this technology or are only scams from our turkish friends ?. Thanks.

OP
OP
J

jesus

May 9, 2009
Hi spooky. Yes, two boxes are VLF, but there are of one coil too. In specific way it is a Turkish metal detector Jeosonar, the say can reach 12 meters with a big coil, my question if somebody can answer is if the VLF technology can reach this , beacuse this is order of fisic laws and I do not know if the fisic limit this range.Thanks.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure. Run enough power through a large enough coils and a VLF will penetrate that far. May not be legal to transmit at that wattage or give you leukemia, but detect metal it will.

Will the units you describe do it? Can't say. I've never seen one in person. One of the sad trade-offs is that the larger the coil the worse it does on small objects. So, if you are looking for cannon barrels at 15 feet or casks full of gold at 30 feet the Turkish models may be the way to go. Or not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread