New and need some advice!!

FaithStoli

Mar 26, 2010
Hello All!
I'm new to this site, and already I feel welcome! Just had a quick question and hope I can get some useful information. In the area I live in, there are a lot of churches that were built in the 18th and 19th centuries, and I'm dying to do some coinshooting there! Problem is, I have no idea who I am supposed to go to, to get permission to search the grounds. Should I go to the town hall in that specific town? Or maybe to the church directly and talk to the priest/minister? And would it help my odds of getting a "yes" if I were to offer either some profit of my findings or maybe a donation to the church? I willing to do whatever to get a yes! Any open advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always go to the church minister and have never been turned down. I usually tell him how careful I will be and demonstrate how to cut and replace a plug if he wishes. I also know that some really old churches are places of historical significance and are off limits, but usually they will have a sign stating same. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread