Digital Cameras to See Treasure Aura

G

GoldCoinHunter

I know the topic of Polaroid SX-70 cameras has been beat into the ground. As it turns out, the phenomina is probably due to bad film.

But digital cameras are different. I know that Louis Matacia has experimented with digital cameras. I got an Olympus 360 from eBay. Someone recommended it to me as a camera that would pick up treasure auras. But there is NO information that I can find, and I don't think there's a book by Louis on this flavor of treasure aura photography (like there was for the Polaroids). So far my experiments haven't found anything, but I'm hoping that I don't know the finer points of the technology.

I would like to get as much information as possible. I have some sites that, if the theory is true, I may be able to pinpoint some caches.

Is there are better camera to use than the Olympus 360?

Thanks,
GoldCoinHunter

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I don't think the Polaroid "treasure auras" were caused by bad film... I could be wrong... My best guess is the "auras" were caused by lens refraction. (this was hotly debated in some circles years ago, and I was a major skeptic/opponent of the technique.) It was being promoted by a couple guys who claimed to be experts in this "field". Of course, they never worked on a percentage basis, rather, they charged thousands of dollars to come to your site and shoot a few Polaroid pictures of the suspected treasure location. What a gig!

Instead of asking for other's opinions, if you really believe in "treasure auras", I would like to see you go out in the field and do some more experimenting. Bury some silver and/or gold, let it sit there for a year or so (telling no one where it is of course) then go back and shoot a bunch of pictures.

Since gold is so inert (it doesn't give off gases, or oxidize) I will venture to tell you that there is no such thing as a gold "aura" that can be picked up using a camera. (so I guess what I am saying is, why waste your time?)

But that's just my opinion, and of course, I have never found a treasure with a Polarid (or digital) camera, so who am I to say? ;)

Marc

dawgvader

Mar 1, 2006
Hey Marc what is your opinion on Themography.... I have an ex partner who swears by the Gold aura theory... but Thermography would seemed to work if the cache wasn't to far down... The Gold could not be at the same temperature as the soil... therefore you would be able to differentiate the heat color schemes of the anomaly!

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005
Hi to all,
Thermographic camera is used in determining temperature distribution in an object, say for example an electrical busbar, if subjected for thermography, will produce different color spectrum based on the heat concentration within the surface area of the bar. The hottest temperature will give off red color and lower temperature will be from green to blue or vice versa. it is use in determining "hot spot" in electrical circuitry.
Auras are produced by animated objects and can be observe using Kirlian photography. Regarding inanimate object, it might be also possible provided a temperature differential exist between the object and the area where the object is located. Thermographic camera is suitable in checking it. But the extent or depth of its detection, need to be experimented.

Angel_09

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
This Photo was e-mailed to me. The only information I have is that a Digital
Camera was used and it was taken at Dusk. It is back lite with the head lights of a pick-up that may have had halogen lights. When I print it the color does not show.????...Art

Attachments

• 6438.jpg
    6438.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 4,104

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
The Camera was a Olympus "Camedia" D-450, digital camera with 3x optical zoom. It's a 1.3 megapixel camera. I will post the next photo that was taken using the flash with out the headlights. If you have any questions send me an E-mail and I will try to get more information...Art

Attachments

• Aura 2.jpg
    Aura 2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 2,870

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
All that was there was a beer can. Just trying to give information to those that are working on this theory....Art

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
OK, I'm seriously NOT trying to rain on your parade, but you guys DO know what Photoshop is right? This is like the easiest thing in the world to fake.

Here, the mysterious aura has disappeared, and I made one in green too! This was just me goofing around quickly, with a little more time, i could make a LOT more convincing than the original.

Seriously though, if this actually happened, we would see it in lots of photos, just think about it. Take a pic of a guy who just pulled a fish from the lake...the fish would be cooler than the surrounding area, and would emit the same aura if it were a temp variation. Not saying there isn't "something" to it all, but it wouldn't be that obvious. Maybe if you looked into the histogram of the image or could somehow detect incredibly minor variations in the image.

Just my opinion, but if you think about what you are implying, I think you will agree.

Jason

Attachments

• 6438 copy.jpg
    6438 copy.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,800
  • 6438 copy2.jpg
    6438 copy2.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,774

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
I know I'm new here, but I do know a thing or two about auras. Here's what I suggest to find them: Take two coat hangers (the wire kind), straighten them out and put a 90 degree bend in each, about 4 inches from the end. Hold each in your hands so that the short ends point down and the long ends cross in front of you. Watch them carefully. Right beneath the point where they cross, dig. Oh, and throw out your metal detector. If you believe that metals give off auras, you will believe dowsing works also -- and you don't need any fancy, new-fangled machines!

No, really, I have seen auras. But they are only given off by living organisms, and it takes an open mind to see them. But if you are seeking a mechanical means to see them, give it up. Even Kirlian photography doesn't show auras, only electrical fields -- and there is some question as to whether that e-field is really related to the object being photographed. Personally, I find that a good md is better than any attempt to "see" an aura when hunting metal.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey ScubaSeeker....I agree that this photo could be made. I recieved the photo and posted it with the information I had, The subject of treasure auras seems to come up a lot on this site. If the fact that it is claimed to be made when halogen lights were behind the person helps some one in their research it is a plus...Art

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Good for you Art, you probably have the better attitude trying to help the folks....in my own twisted way, I am trying to help them also :D

I used to teach digital imaging for the Art Institute, as well as The Internet Institute and Capstone Comm. At my current job, we use lots of very professional digital imaging equipment, along with Flourescent penetrant photography, X-Ray, Infrared, and a few other imaging techniques. We refurbish jet engine parts for the U.S. Dept. Of Defense, and use all of these techniques on just about every alloy and superalloy known to man. If there was some sort of magic aura that could be seen from any metal from any imaging device, I feel quite sure we would have seen it in our 30+ years of operation.

A good knowledge of the inner workings of a digital camera will reveal that unless the treasure emits LIGHT or electricity, the CCD chip is simply not capable of picking it up. Of course if it emitted light, we wouldn't need a fancy digital camera to see it, and we'd all be treasure hunting at night ;)

Seriously, I'm not sooo closed minded that I can't accept that "something" might be able to detect an aura, or even that the aura might be present, I just feel that I have enough experience using every high end digital imaging technique on every metal to say without hesitation that it just doesn't happen. I'd love for someone to prove me wrong, that would be great, but I'm not holding my breath.

Jason

Apr 27, 2013
Southeastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
I recently purchased the Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carl Anderson of Tampa Florida dating back to the late seventies and early eighties claimed to have a dowsing rod that could locate buried treasure. Myself, I truly believe that through dedicated research coupled with the determination and persistence, you stand a more realistic chance of locating a buried cache or treasure with the use of a quality metal detector. I would like to add that by utilizing a GPS enabled device, you can keep track of your desired location enhancing your search capabilities. Make sense? Of course, it's common sense.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
This post is old. The facts have been presented. I have been in photography since the 50's and can tell you buried gold will not show up on a photograph. In theory heat waves are are high frequency, that is short wavelength. Far to short to penetrate the ground . You can get a surface 'heat wave' to show on infrared imaging, but it is just that , a surface reflection of the heat. To get gold to give off any type of aura, you would have to heat it past it's melting point, so scratch this bunk off your list of treasure shortcuts. Frank...

111-1 profile.jpg

thermal

Jun 23, 2013
Detector(s) used
garrett...
Primary Interest:
Other
find thermal imaging cameras.
of course as soon as the thermal imager.
The result is high quality interior settings.
Experiments were carried out in the soil, and the result was the time of the military.
following the logic in this one with the camera to capture the differences on the surface of the earth.
I tried to time.
25 cm. 5-6 buried coins.
I watched the first week with the camera.
positive as a result.
After digging the place and coins.
Although the heat was spread over the ground as you open the pit.
I observed 5-6 hours after taking the coins pit.
and involvement, which are spread over time, so-called oxide disappeared.
After six hours or longer detected in the soil at the bottom of the differentiation.
and subsequently disappeared from the heat.
Thermal camera model used in this experiment military.
I seem to see, but the current industry business types.
matter of course, the delta difference???

my english is not very good also.
I use google translate.
If a translation error.
I'm sorry.

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you tried the Olympus on some known targets and did,nt get any redish glow above the ground,is that right.In louis matacias book of treasure Auras,he talks about using a false color video scope to see the aura above the treasure sight.have you looked into that espect of technology.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread