Non-acid way to recycle gold?

bootyhunter

Feb 3, 2005
I would leave it to the experts, or unless you have mucho gold & steady turnaround time, or stick to the old method & find some mercury, I'm serious just be safe & you can reclaim the mercury.

OP
OP
Darren in NC

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
b-hunter - you're braver than I am. I guess you have to count the cost. I've heard too many nightmares about mercury-handling. They're probably overrated, but perhaps you or another experienced member can tell us more.

AQ - I haven't bought the above system or heard from anyone who has. Seems safe with the saltwater aspect of it. Don't know, though...

Darren

Dan Wilde

Mar 27, 2004
New Mexico
Hi, I have been looking at this type of unit for some time, and could you tell me if you have tryed it ???, If not I guess I will give it a shot. I like the idea of non-acid way to recycle gold, I have used Acid before, I would like a better way thanks
Dan

I

Idclare

Look up Super leach on the internet. Its the most affective and safest thing going. And don't try mercury!!!!!! There is no absolutely safe way to amalgamate gold with out carefully understanding the principles of safety regarding any prose?s. So one must go by the book if one is to stay alive. I could go into a lot of reasons why mercury is not a good chouse but maybe the best one is availability. Last place I new were to by it was keen. And they quit selling it in the early 90s. Along with the nitric acid that makes the mercury sticky.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions