prairiepup

Apr 10, 2012
Nevada
Detector(s) used
ML 4500
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi Folks,

I have taken some aura pics of possible cache sites. I get color supposedly aura pics. But, how do you interprete them? I even got a large flower pot, let a handful of 90 % silver coins plus a couple of gold rings soak for a couple of weeks and took pics. Got auras.

What I cannot seem to do is find how to pinpoint caches with them. I took some pics out in a desert area and the whole area of the pic lit up.

PP

View attachment 627718 View attachment 627719

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting PP. I'm not an authority on IR photography, but I do have some experience. In the mid-eighties, I took arial IR photos. (Film type). The interesting thing about them was that the gold deposits showed up as a white spot in the photo. Going by that experience, perhaps the spot above the pot and the spot in the desert photo might be an indication of a gold deposit, (or silver).

As far as your pot is concerned; though it's an excellent idea, you might want to have ONLY gold, or ONLY silver in the pot, until you are sure of which color is which for each metal.

All in all, I was wondering what make/model camera you are using and if possible, what program for the enhansment of the photos. I'm new at IR with digatal cameras, and though I have some promising photos, my program won't enhanse them like the ones I've seen in instructions.

Good luck with this technology and keep us informed on further developments.

Eagle

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do not get discouraged ........... there are those who will stop at nothing to cast doubt on IR's ability to detect precious metals and the significance of the associated auras.
Pay them no attention as they have closed minds. And as the enlightened know ..... "The door to knowledge is never open to a closed mind"

They will undoubtably be along at some point to cast their aspersions. (if not then this post served it's purpose)
If so then Just ignore them and let their lack of knowledge speak for itself.

Persist with your experiments and the rewards will follow.

GG~

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're going to have to take several pictures then analyze what was indicated to get an idea of what your equipment is telling you. Take your pictures, dig to see what's causing the response then record it in a notebook. Remember IR THing is going to get you in a general area, you'll still have to pinpoint it down to what's causing the auras. Just as everything in detecting you need enough time using the machine / detector to get a good handle on what it's telling you. And the most important element - Research! As you use the system more and more & accumulate your notes things will start to make sense.

OP
OP
prairiepup

prairiepup

Apr 10, 2012
Nevada
Detector(s) used
ML 4500
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
EagleDown,

Thanks for reply.

Canon digital EOS Rebel XTi camera (model recommended by David Villaneuva in UK)

Canon 18-55 mm image stablized auto focus lens

Cokin P 007 (720 nm) IR filter - had to modify round filter to fit in square filter holder. Square filters not made by Cokin anymore. Did find outfit in China who would cut 720 nm flat glass to square size if you order 5 or more. Square likely easier to use but I did not need 5.

Adobe PhotoShop Elements 8.0

David Villaneuva's book. See at The Successful Treasure Hunter's Secret Manual

PP

OP
OP
prairiepup

prairiepup

Apr 10, 2012
Nevada
Detector(s) used
ML 4500
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Boogeyman,

Thanks for reply,

I have booCoo photos but no idea what they show. I have some with multiple auras. Those, I feel, are of areas where there may be 1 or more metal deposits, ie., a little Au here..........a little Au there.....who knows how much, how deep, how long?
Most of the land where I live has gold. But it is mostly micron to fine. There are proven areas such as "The Patch" and a few others that have nuggets.

I was looking for an Au coin stash. I just do not have multiple deep holes left in my energy bag. So I am into better accuracy. Looking over my shoulder and saying "Shoo Snake!" to ward off the rattlesnakes sorta keeps me on edge too.

PP

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EagleDown,

Thanks for reply.

Canon digital EOS Rebel XTi camera (model recommended by David Villaneuva in UK)

Canon 18-55 mm image stablized auto focus lens

Cokin P 007 (720 nm) IR filter - had to modify round filter to fit in square filter holder. Square filters not made by Cokin anymore. Did find outfit in China who would cut 720 nm flat glass to square size if you order 5 or more. Square likely easier to use but I did not need 5.

Adobe PhotoShop Elements 8.0

David Villaneuva's book. See at The Successful Treasure Hunter's Secret Manual

PP

Thanks for the info!! I got real lucky with filters, I found a lot of 3 - 37mm filters in Amazon; 720nm, 850nm and a 950nm. for about $27. They are round ones in a metal screw-in case. They were too large for my Olympus, so I had to tape them on. Then I remembered I had a Sony FD Mavica (2.0 mp) I had been given about 3 years ago. I got it out of the closet and Low and behold, the lenses screwed right in. (lol) Now, all I need to do is learn how to enhanse the pictures. Thanks to you, I've buried about 2 oz of silver in a 15 gallon flower pot, in a few days, i'll take some photos and see what I come up with. I don't know why I didn't think of the flower pot trick. Thanks!!

I'll let you know what happens.

Eagle

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The auras get you close ....... for pinpointing the target a metal detector is generally used. Larger coils are best for locating larger deeper targets. For large really deep targets up to 20 feet deep I recommend the use of a two box detector for confirmation before expending the energy required to excavate.

GG~

Last edited:

Loydvz

May 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this does work? I read a preview to the book and thought it was hocus pocus.
If this works, you could use it to roughly look and then narrow it down with other methods
lvz

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this does work? I read a preview to the book and thought it was hocus pocus.
If this works, you could use it to roughly look and then narrow it down with other methods
lvz
I'm not sure yet if it works with digital cameras. I'm still working on that. The indications are that it will work, when I get all of the settings figured out.

It's definately not "hocus pocus" as far as infrared FILM is concerned. We used it in the last half of the 1980s to survey our claims. Where the infrared photos showed an accumulation of gold, when we dredged it was spot-on. We also had a couple of places where we were sure there would be gold, but they didn't show up with gold in the photos. Out of curiosity, we dredged them and found we were just wasting fuel. No gold there. In the areas where the photos indicated gold, we were finding patches of nuggets of a 1/4 oz, up to over 1 oz. All in all, it was one of the best summers I've ever had (at that time), in over 20 years of dredging. The negative part?: We had to hire a small airplane to fly us over the claims while we took the photos. Then we had to ship the film to the film company in N.Y. to have them developed. But, as I implied, it was well worth it. (lol)

Right now, I'm contemplating an area in the "high desert" where dry-washers have found nuggets up to 3 oz. I think it would be fairly simple to take a panoramic view of the area and see what we come up with.

Eagle

Lahoop

Jan 11, 2005
All noble people who concern with treaure, How are you ? I hope you are well.
I have read a thread titeld Mericale device in short If what I read true you need not more than it.
the apparatus shows 10m depth with clear picture on PC
Any one believe or know some thing like that even in dream.
miracle device - LongRangeLocators Forums

ahaulil

Apr 19, 2011
North Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During my level 1 thermal imaging training with Flir, I asked if using my $20,000 IR camera for prospecting would help.
The instructor laughed at the question and after finishing the course I understood.
You can see the surface temperature of the ground. You can see animals that have different than background temps.
If there is gas escaping from the ground, the right camera can see that.
Also you can see footprints from recently pass people sometimes.
What you will not see is gold or anything below the surface.

Or ghosts.

Wish it did.

FLIR Thermal Imaging, Night Vision and Infrared Camera Systems

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect that most IR instructors are not up to speed on "Auras" and their significance. Typically the response is "if it aint in the textbook it dont exist"

As far as seeing anything below the surface goes, no one suggests that. The aura is captured above ground and indicates the presence of gold underground.

If you can hear a dog barking from outside a closed room you do not have to be inside the room with him to know he's there.
Poor analogy, but it's the same thing only different :tongue3:

Respectfully,
GG~

Last edited:

ahaulil

Apr 19, 2011
North Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am curious.
What wavelength is an Aura present?

I am also wondering if it isn't an Aura, but a specular or diffused reflection.
This could make sense to me as certain reflections may occur due to certain surface materials that may be gold bearing.

I need to find a few places that have gold in high enough concentrations to test this out.
Anybody want to share their mother lodes?

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea what the wavelength of the anomaly referred to as an "aura" in IR photography is, or by what means it is generated.
You possibly could get permission to visit a local gold mine and do your photography experiments on location. Nevada is home to one of the largest Gold mines in north America.

All the best,
GG~

Plotus

Greenie
Oct 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New here..... I have a question or observation or ?. It seems the IR is the key here, and the cameras only support the available IR ability. Why not night scopes like the IR type, you know the Ebay stuff thats like Special Ops kind of military stuff? Are we not then in the same ballpark? I don't doubt theres something to this. Funny, this all started reading about the 'Blue Mist' method, or tales about the blue mist.

ahaulil

Apr 19, 2011
North Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most night scopes just amplify available light. While i would like to have one to play with, I do not think they would be useful to find gold.

Plotus

Greenie
Oct 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not meaning the green view night vision ones, rather dedicated infra-red goggles/scopes...?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure the phenomenon can be viewed in real time. At least I haven't heard of it.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i caught this glow with a ir lens,after a heavy monsoon down pour. you could not see the glow by eye or with binos before the shot or after the shot. i belive it catches the gases coming off of some sort of a chemical reaction.it didnt show up days later after the rain.gases on this one must build up then release when the ground opens from the rain. i like the shot to be much darker,this has not been worked by a photo program. View attachment 690315

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions