maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out to the beach last night and my Excal didnt seem to work right, too much chatter. I tried pin point, and that seemed to work ok, and I didnt want to waste the trip, so decided to hunt just in pin point. Went out to the low tide line, and the disc seemed to work better, but I had always wanted to do a hunt in just pin point, since a lot of posters said there is more depth, so now was the time. Yes, there is more depth, so after hitting a target with pp, would switch to disc, and check it out, sometimes nothing, sometimes a week signal. I found a lot more targets, using this method, and this is a beach that I hunt regularly and others do to, so I know how much I should be finding. This beach has been filled in, so not a lot of targets now, but the coins I found, had been there for a while.

Anyway, I will start to use this method regularly, although I didnt make any great finds, except one killer gold and diamond ring, But, it was only plated and probably glass diamonds!

Another trick I have found, is when hunting in the shallow water, I use a kind of lazy 8 swing, so the coil is always moving, and doesnt stop at the end of the swing. This is much easier on the arm, since you dont have to stop, to change directions, less energy wasted. Maybe others have used this technique also, just never heard or seen it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread