LR2000 Help

usher21

Mar 28, 2014
Modesto, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter "the Outback"
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I need some help with the LR2000. I was able to see a list of gold claims that appear to be unowned. They are listed as closed. I am assuming that is what I want to look at. How in the heck do I locate these on a map? I want to see where they are located before I expend any other energy. Oh, when I find them on a map, do I then contact the BLM to stake the claim? What would the next step be? I have never done this before. Thanks for your help. May your pans be yellow! Mark

Goldminer

Apr 28, 2006
Las Vegas, Nv
Mark,
Not sure what you are asking here. If you know the location of a site, you would convert lat/lon to Meridian, Township, Range, and Section. Then go to LR2000, and find the Pub MC Geo Index. There is a format to inter the MTRS info, and then the claims info will come up.

OP
OP
U

usher21

Mar 28, 2014
Modesto, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah. I have been able to figure it out. Took some playing to do so. There are quite a number to look at. What I want to do now is to find the claims most interesting onto a map, topo or other. I know the location I want to look at. I have even been in the area and have yet to be skunked when I go. I know it holds gold but would like to claim it, if possible. I can find this place on google earth, no prob. Someone mentioned a title plat but am lost there.

OP
OP
U

usher21

Mar 28, 2014
Modesto, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
kay. thanks for that. may your pan be yellow! mark

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to the gold prospecting section. Look for posts by Clay Diggins and TerryC. You might have to look back for a ways. Lots of good info in that section. I think Clay has a tutorial on LR2000.

OP
OP
U

usher21

Mar 28, 2014
Modesto, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is anyone else having issues retrieving reports from the LR2000? Over the last couple days, I am only getting a blank screen. Just prior to this, full reports.

RockRaven

Jan 19, 2015
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Compass Challenger X80, Magnum 420, 220, RM6, Coin Mag, 77B, Yukon Nugget, Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett AT Gold. Master Hunter ADS 7, CXII, Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro 220, TR550, 840 Auto , Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Unlike most other websites, LR2000 has hours of operation, so files must be accessed at certain times of day. The first step is staking a claim. Once you determine the area is free of existing claims, the actual claim is made by posting the corners and, if on public ground, the point of discovery. Generally the next step is registering with the county that you are in, file with them first then the BLM. A number of people are recommending that you have a "neutral" third party photograph you with your claim stakes in the field, no idea how you can get this done but there appear to be a number of companies that are using title search worm programs to find filed claims and essentially backdating them at the county level. Many of these same operators do not even bother to file with the BLM or put up monuments, they just try to sell the claims on Ebay or other online sites for huge profits. Protect yourself and your claim, be careful and time things out with care and document what you do. Another good thing to remember is that many claims will not show up on the generalized search areas on LR2000, you need to enter the township and range to get an accurate report, the National Forest area listings and other general listings of large areas will not return a correct search. Good luck.

pithery

Jan 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the past several days I have tried to access through the link on the BLM site, as I have in the past. This takes me to the web address for LR2000 but it does not load

SpecJet

May 8, 2013
So Cal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You have to allow pop-up's on your web browser for LR2000 to function correctly.

I've been using it heavily over the last several days, it's been a little glitchy, taking longer than normal to complete a request, but functioning.
They also do database maintenance every night and you can't run any searches while that is happening.

Try this direct link.
Reporting Application

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread