Methods for cleaning murky water.

wheelerite

Feb 2, 2008
canby,oregon
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
So, I was watching some 'America Unearthed' and then the 'Curse of Oak Island' series the other day and watched them try to send divers down a deep shaft of ridiculously nasty water (unsuccessfully, of course) and it occurred to me that maybe methods of cleaning the water are not well known. I know of two substances that, when put into the water in sufficient quantities will send all the impurities to the bottom, where, in theory, one could dredge the bottom to remove the debris. These products are sold as natural water purifiers and are supposed to make your water super healthy to drink, etc. Well, I don't know about any health benefits, but the debris-clearing possibilities are promising!

The first is crushed/ground Moringa seeds:

Moringa Water Purification | How to clean water with seeds
Moringa: the science behind the miracle tree

And the second is black mica extract:

WaterLiberty.com - Ancient Water Purification System - Black Mica
"Black Mica Extract" - Wholesale Master Distributors of Adya Clarity- FAQ's About Adya Clarity - Black Mica Extract - Adya Clarity? Master Wholesale Distributors
(side note- I used to know the guy who runs Adya Clarity and I happen to know for a fact that his product is just watered down black mica extract that can be found in higher concentration in other products)

It seems like this would be a FANTASTIC product for people wanting to send divers or ROVs down into small bodies of water without causing damage to the surrounding ecosystem.

Any thoughts?

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Dan Blankenship stated: "Granted, your eyes can play tricks on you underwater, so we now minimize the importance of these photos".

http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk/archive/borehole10x/oconnor_borehole10x.pdf

The problem they experienced in "1971" with the filming of Bore Hole X was the disturbing of the silt and sediment around these items.
If they had injected a "Clearifier" such as in wine production, further pictures may have been obtained prior to the collapse of the shaft.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions