A few questions .. New to detecting

Mr.Ross24

Apr 14, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1.) If your detecting on a beach , can the rocks , pebbles and other minerals throw of your single ?

2.) When I use my PP -pin point button is it telling me just the accurate spot or just the depth ?

3.) I have the Bounty Hunter Ranger Pro , which would be the best setting for beaches ? Compared to soil "ground "?

4.) when I dig a high signal , I dig the hole and check again with the detector to see if the signal is still strong . But sometimes it's gone , then I check the dirt and its there but can't find what it is . Then move the dirt away and I get another signal as if I didn't dig in the right spot . But I double checked ..

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First off if you're detecting a salt water beach with the machine you have odds are it can't handle the salt.

So stick to the dry sand areas only.....also suggest back off on the sensitivity which might be causing false or ghost signals.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
Mr.Ross24

Mr.Ross24

Apr 14, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok thank you very much Bill

OP
OP
Mr.Ross24

Mr.Ross24

Apr 14, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sensitivity will pick everything if higher?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think of sensitivity as like driving in fog with your brights on. You'll find more with lower sens. As for targets that seem to move on you, it's just that you missed them or they were to small.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread