Depth gauge

Mr.Ross24

Apr 14, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the depth gauge on the right side of my Lcd screen for my bounty hunter land ranger pro , which is just below ground and which is deep .? I'm assuming the smallest on the bottom is deepest ? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1461681759.155712.jpg

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You could review your owners manual, pages 8 & 9. The depth starts at the top (shallower targets) and the deeper the target the more the gage is blackened.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
C'mon. We're all guys, here. We know you don't read the manual until after something is broke.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Havent seen a depth gauge work yet unless your actually digging what the VDi says it is. But for arguments sake, not only read the manual, drop a coin on the ground and sweep your coil at varying levels to see what it reads. Some folks would call this a air test. I do this to make sure my detector is working and when I'm really bored or in a new area usually littered with trash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread