Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By hucklburry
  • 1 Post By sjvalleyhunter
  • 1 Post By Gare
  • 1 Post By trdking

Thread: Finding unlisted phone numbers?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2016
    Central MI
    E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
    2742 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Finding unlisted phone numbers?

There is a vacant house on the next block from me. Its been vacant for as long as I can remember. From research, I know the owners names and their current address (non-local). However, the parcel contact information is a PO box and a phone number that goes to a continuously busy-signal line, like its just off the hook. I think between the PO box and the permanently busy signal, both contacts are designed to protect their privacy.

I believe they must have another phone number(s) that they actually use. Anyone aware of methods to find unlisted numbers based on name and address?

us
    Dec 2010
    62 times
    Short of paying for something that is questionable I don't have a good answer to your question. But you have their names, the PO Box, AND a physical address close to the PO Box? I'm not sure the way you say you have their current address.
    Squirrel322 likes this.

us
    May 2014
    Central California
    Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
    1454 times
    Metal Detecting
    Try www.truepeoplesearch.com. Itís free and you can search by name or address. There is a lot (almost scary) amount of information that you can find including telephone numbers associated with a name or address. While you are there make sure to go to the removal link to take all of your information off.
    Squirrel322 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Gare or Gary

Dec 2012
    Canton Ohio Area
    879 times
    go to your Auditors office website. Do a search for the address you want and chek contact information for the owner of that property. Some times a phone number is listed. Also send the owner a registered letter and be sure to request new address ? Hope this helps
    Squirrel322 likes this.
    Only TWO things in the world that spook my horses THINGS THAT MOVE and THINGS THAT DON'T MOVE !!!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2016
    Central MI
    E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
    2742 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hucklburry View Post
    Short of paying for something that is questionable I don't have a good answer to your question. But you have their names, the PO Box, AND a physical address close to the PO Box? I'm not sure the way you say you have their current address.
    Yes, I have an actual street address for the owners in the same city as the PO box. I was able to find their home address and the (busy) phone number by googling their name. However, I haven't been able to find another phone number.

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    go to your Auditors office website. Do a search for the address you want and chek contact information for the owner of that property. Some times a phone number is listed. Also send the owner a registered letter and be sure to request new address ? Hope this helps
    I believe that would be the same information I already have. I got their names and po box from the city's interactive parcel map viewer, it relays the information on file with the city.

I highly recommend anyone looking to see if your city (county actually) has an interactive parcel map. My city's gives you a satellite image of the city sectioned off into parcels. You simply click on the parcel to see the owners name and address (if different than parcel). I have also found a lot of properties are owned by an LLC. LLC who-is information can be looked up on your secretary of state's web site. Both are super useful tools.
    Last edited by Squirrel322; Apr 01, 2018 at 08:47 PM.

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2708 times
    As said, try truepeoplesearch. Call the phone company where the numbers from, report the number tell them it's been off hook for several days. Could be the pair is shorted somewhere & they aren't aware. You might get a permission as a thank you.
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2708 times
    Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    As said, try truepeoplesearch. Call the phone company where the numbers from, report the number tell them it's been off hook for several days. Could be the pair is shorted somewhere & they aren't aware. You might get a permission as a thank you.
    Is it a landline number? Go rent or buy a linemans handset. clip on to the pair on the side of the house, dial your number. Whalaa! your caller ID shows you the number. In the old days there were numbers you'd call and a computer voice would repeat the number to the pair you were on.
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    17892 times
    I've gone to the township office to locate first , who pays the taxes ;and then asked how to contact them.
    I don't believe they need to give me a contact number. But being polite helped and I have been fortunate so far on the only couple I've chased down.

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    5761 times
    Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    Is it a landline number? Go rent or buy a linemans handset. clip on to the pair on the side of the house, dial your number. Whalaa! your caller ID shows you the number. In the old days there were numbers you'd call and a computer voice would repeat the number to the pair you were on.
    If anyone wants to know what that number is, PM me. It is used by the telecommunication companies (Me) I would ask that you not spread it around because if it goes viral they will change it. But, for Tnetters I am willing to share.

A great way to find the correct address of the property owner is the Property tax rolls. They have to be sending the tax bill to the correct address of the owner
    You are finding dead numbers because everyone is ditching their landlines and going with their cellphone numbers. I haven't had a landline for over 10 years
    Last edited by trdking; Mar 06, 2019 at 09:43 AM.
    A2coins likes this.
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    24680 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Real estate book I forgot the name had all house numbers ect
    Still Available ​Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    24680 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Breakers if you have a name number address or just 1 of these you can get all 3
    Still Available ​Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Charter Member
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    6823 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    You can also check the voter registration rolls in the area, or
    the homestead exemption rolls (who usually registered ppl to vote, in my county,
    when you applied for homestead exemption).
    You can also search democratic party rolls, they posted all phone numbers of anyone they could get info on.
    Many of those numbers are also private.

Just something I thought of, when I seen your thread here.
    Good luck & HH...
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/patharp?ref=si_shop

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links