Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a vacant house on the next block from me. Its been vacant for as long as I can remember. From research, I know the owners names and their current address (non-local). However, the parcel contact information is a PO box and a phone number that goes to a continuously busy-signal line, like its just off the hook. I think between the PO box and the permanently busy signal, both contacts are designed to protect their privacy.

I believe they must have another phone number(s) that they actually use. Anyone aware of methods to find unlisted numbers based on name and address?

hucklburry

Dec 18, 2010
Short of paying for something that is questionable I don't have a good answer to your question. But you have their names, the PO Box, AND a physical address close to the PO Box? I'm not sure the way you say you have their current address.

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try www.truepeoplesearch.com. It’s free and you can search by name or address. There is a lot (almost scary) amount of information that you can find including telephone numbers associated with a name or address. While you are there make sure to go to the removal link to take all of your information off.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
go to your Auditors office website. Do a search for the address you want and chek contact information for the owner of that property. Some times a phone number is listed. Also send the owner a registered letter and be sure to request new address ? Hope this helps

OP
OP
Squirrel322

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Short of paying for something that is questionable I don't have a good answer to your question. But you have their names, the PO Box, AND a physical address close to the PO Box? I'm not sure the way you say you have their current address.

Yes, I have an actual street address for the owners in the same city as the PO box. I was able to find their home address and the (busy) phone number by googling their name. However, I haven't been able to find another phone number.

go to your Auditors office website. Do a search for the address you want and chek contact information for the owner of that property. Some times a phone number is listed. Also send the owner a registered letter and be sure to request new address ? Hope this helps

I believe that would be the same information I already have. I got their names and po box from the city's interactive parcel map viewer, it relays the information on file with the city.

I highly recommend anyone looking to see if your city (county actually) has an interactive parcel map. My city's gives you a satellite image of the city sectioned off into parcels. You simply click on the parcel to see the owners name and address (if different than parcel). I have also found a lot of properties are owned by an LLC. LLC who-is information can be looked up on your secretary of state's web site. Both are super useful tools.

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As said, try truepeoplesearch. Call the phone company where the numbers from, report the number tell them it's been off hook for several days. Could be the pair is shorted somewhere & they aren't aware. You might get a permission as a thank you.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As said, try truepeoplesearch. Call the phone company where the numbers from, report the number tell them it's been off hook for several days. Could be the pair is shorted somewhere & they aren't aware. You might get a permission as a thank you.
Is it a landline number? Go rent or buy a linemans handset. clip on to the pair on the side of the house, dial your number. Whalaa! your caller ID shows you the number. In the old days there were numbers you'd call and a computer voice would repeat the number to the pair you were on.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I've gone to the township office to locate first , who pays the taxes ;and then asked how to contact them.
I don't believe they need to give me a contact number. But being polite helped and I have been fortunate so far on the only couple I've chased down.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it a landline number? Go rent or buy a linemans handset. clip on to the pair on the side of the house, dial your number. Whalaa! your caller ID shows you the number. In the old days there were numbers you'd call and a computer voice would repeat the number to the pair you were on.
If anyone wants to know what that number is, PM me. It is used by the telecommunication companies (Me) I would ask that you not spread it around because if it goes viral they will change it. But, for Tnetters I am willing to share.

A great way to find the correct address of the property owner is the Property tax rolls. They have to be sending the tax bill to the correct address of the owner
You are finding dead numbers because everyone is ditching their landlines and going with their cellphone numbers. I haven't had a landline for over 10 years

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real estate book I forgot the name had all house numbers ect

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Breakers if you have a name number address or just 1 of these you can get all 3

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can also check the voter registration rolls in the area, or
the homestead exemption rolls (who usually registered ppl to vote, in my county,
when you applied for homestead exemption).
You can also search democratic party rolls, they posted all phone numbers of anyone they could get info on.
Many of those numbers are also private.

Just something I thought of, when I seen your thread here.
Good luck & HH...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread