.30-06 Springfield Bullet Knife

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Probably 6 months ago Metal Headz posted a coin knife he found and I said I'd post a pic of the .30-06 bullet knife I found with my game finder.

Here it is..Better late than never! lol! Not as cool or old as his, but pretty unusual I thought.

I'm trying to catch up on pics.

If this is the wrong place for the post, sorry...It wasn't found with a metal detector

Kace

IMG_3342.PNG

IMG_3343.PNG

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm just now seeing this, i didn't realize you posted it. I like odd and unique items and the bullet knife you have there is sweet. How did you find it, what do you mean by game finder? Do you use the bullet knife or just have it displayed at home? I use my coin knife sometimes.

The company that made my coin knife went in business in the 1920s sometime. I've seen other examples online where there's a lot more wear. It's the only cool thing i ever found that had a 99 VDI on the ATP.

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks...I don't use it, it's just displayed. I don't believe it to be very old...just unusual.

A Game Finder picks up heat...from bodies or anything that retains heat, like metal. It's not going to find anything buried deep. It's great for SAR or if you are hunting and quickly want to find the game you shot.

I'll use it in the evening walking in areas that might balk at detectors when the sun goes down and the grass and dirt cool off, but coins, knives, rings etc are still warm from the sun. It's much more discreet.

Kace

DetecTom

Nov 18, 2019
Long Island,NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600|Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That’s a really cool knife. I’ve never seen a bullet knife!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread