• Thread starter Back2theFuture_13
  • Start date

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
:-\ SORRY!? >:(
But! I'm Afraid that you're out of luck.... :'(
One type of "Stud Find" uses a small magnet and the other type uses a mass discriminator!? ?:o
Neither of which will work or penerate soil!? >:(
I'd suggest that you check? ?:o? some of the DIY Sites and maybe find one that you can build!? ;D
What are you looking for ?

OP
OP
B

Back2theFuture_13

Darn . I Guess nobody knows how to make a pinpointer , I really wanted to build one since I certainly can not afford a $100+
Hand Held Pinpointer , I know how to Solder and I was really hoping to build one with around a 6 Inch long Probe.
Please if Anyone Knows Please Tell Me. Thanks.

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
I havent found the need for a pinpointer yet. I dig in grass alot and find i only need to cut a plug about the size of a pop can to do the job. I just watch the ground while I swing and dont have any trouble

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
Try here:

http://www.billsdetectorsales.com

He posted in the Dealer Classifieds yesterday and has a little pinpointer called the Little Wizard 2 for $16.95 shipped.? He gave a little further info on it when asked, and then I looked on epinions and believe it or not it had 2 for 2 really good reviews (not specifically for MD, but given the descriptions in the reviews I believe it will actually work).? I'm going to go ahead and order one from him next week to give it a whirl... If it works, great, if not I'm only out the $17.

As an alternate plan, check with buckmild here on the boards, I believe he made one for himself.

Cheers.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have the wizard,its pretty much a stud finder,it will pick up coins an metal down to about 2-3 inches,if you wind a bigger coil for it it will go deeper.

A

another _novice

http://www.tomstreasures.com/probe.html

Let us know how it works out.

Back2theFuture_13 said:
Please Help Me I just Started detecting and I see that I am going to need a Pinpointer and i do not want to pay the High Prices of a Brand Name one , if anyone knows how to make one out of a Stud finder than Please Tell Me

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Thanks? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Back2theFuture_13

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread