Using A Psychic to help locate treasure?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Has anyone used a psychic to help them find treasure?

In a manner of speaking, yes.

When I get to a site for the first time, I'll generally just have a seat
and look the place over for a bit. For a park, you'd have to figure there
have been many events there over the years...where did the people
park, and where would the event have been set up?

If it's an old park, I try to build a mental picture of the park in the
distant past...and in it's own way, I let the park tell me it's history.

Now, if you're asking if I would give money to someone calling themselves
a psychic, the answer is a solid no. I'd trust a weatherman before a psychic.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most people confuse psychic (astral) with the pre-physical (etheric, also known as (on-site) dowsing,--not be be confused with the misnomer "Map dowsing" which is psychic/astral). The astral is much more likely to be inaccurate and unreliable, but it's possible. Many charlatans in this area. I mean the vast majority of people who claim to be psychic or map dowsers. I just looked up "vast majority" and it said like 90% or more. Well, no way 10% are real.

Last edited:

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Has anyone used a psychic to help them find treasure?

Actually my lost treasure stories research, has turned up a surprising amount of these types of stories. The accounts were printed in newspapers years ago. This fellow worked for free I believe:
The Story of Edgar Cayce, The Sleeping Prophet. Known as The Sleeping Prophet, Edgar Cayce was arguably America’s most well known psychic and holistic healer. He was born on March 18, 1877 in Hopkinsville, KY. By the early age of seven, Cayce learned of his many unique abilities.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, I've heard stories like the guy who said he followed a rainbow and found a barrel full of gold. Some gullible people believe these stories. Not saying it never happened in history. They make up the story because they don't want people to know where they stole it.

Cayce had some psychic alibity, but people asked him to find oil and he never found any.

A lot of brain-damaged types have refined their ability. The brain has six different channels that can be rewired after brain injury, sometimes due to severe illness. Tesla was one. Marcel Vogel (prolific inventor for IBM) was another. Both has severe illness near death as a child. Don't recall about Cayce but from looking at him I would say probably the same thing.

Everybody has some psychic ability but mostly undeveloped. Occasionally get something right. As for not charging a fee, the way that works is they hope you stumble over it and attribute your success to them and give them a share. In the mean time the searcher exposes themself to dangers and expenses of time and money and possibly health. What i call a wild goose chase or snipe hunt. All you need to do is look at the map dowsing page at all the spots marked on maps and photos--thousands. One thing you don't see is any treasure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GoldieLocks

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really know I nothing about Spiritualism, do you?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My suggestion is to stay away from this. You open up your chakras and evil spirits can enter. Not fun.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Easy way to tell if you are going to use one, have them agree that their fee will only be paid out of what is recovered......

Last edited:

DigDug216

Feb 22, 2016
Statesville, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (May2015) and Equinox 800 (March2019)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Psychics are about as real as Santa Claus. There are scientist who offer a huge reward for anyone who can show any kind of "special powers." Everyone who has gone after the large pot has failed. They have even had dowsers come in and they had 10 boxes with one box containing gold (thye also used a glass of water) no one was able to locate the gold on teh first try. It was completely random as someone just guessing. But there are always going to be those who believe regardless of the evidence. Sucker born ever minute they say.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Funny one poster claims it is all hog wash and lower down in the same post says everybody has some ability. Good thing this site has such experts.

White Heart

Sep 5, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About seven years ago I invited a woman who claimed psychic ability to survey my site. I had spent a couple years mapping and measuring the location in my efforts to determine why there were so many interesting signs and who did it. I had surveyed the site and drawn out the lines of the geometery I had discovered.

I am very skeptical about psychics and such. Although, I always remain open minded and emphatically trust my own intuition.

I did not tell the psy chic any details of the site. She spent an hour walking around, holding a crystal on a string.
She locate 3 or 4 spots where she said the was something of value. One of the spots coincided with a spot which was where 2 of my lines crossed.
So, with her watching, I dug an 18" deep hole and out came this small red stone heart.
Go figure!

red heart-cleaned.jpg

Last edited:

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to find treasure put some boots on your feet and get some dirt under your nails . those gypsy scammers are all fake.
Put your money to something useful.

OP
OP
GoldieLocks

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously this isn't a "why I distrust psychics" thread.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Never Used a Psyche By Design.
But being I Do Know Psychic Abilities are Real,
I've Had Psychic Experiences Myself. So
I Suppose I'd take A psych's Words into Consideration
if They came to me or I overheard one.

But Because I Am Skeptical of Psychic Abilities Being Turned on & Off,
Because when I Relate My Psychic Experiences, They seem to Stop.
For Example, I Used to be able to Know when to Buy a Lottery Ticket Winner.
But when I shared How, It stopped working
so I'm a Bit Distrustful of those Who Expect Payment or even Donations
For Psychic Help.

It can be a Tricky Situation For Sure.

Ever Park Your Car, Detect all day & Find Your Best Find, Beside where ya Parked ?

Or walk into a Field & Dig Your only Good Find as Soon as you Turned your Detector On.

Of Find a Great Detecting site, Only to appear to have Cleaned it out in One Day ?

yes subconscious knowledge, Can play a Big part of Personal Psychic Events.
But Strange Things Exist:coffee2:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's play nice please...

iziksa

May 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i heard that there is IR thermometer software that people use satellite imagine to anylize heat remotely ... anyone know person that doing it ?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i heard that there is IR thermometer software that people use satellite imagine to anylize heat remotely ... anyone know person that doing it ?

Impossible. If the camera wasnt designed to record thermal radiation, that data wont be found in the visual image.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread