Using A Psychic to help locate treasure?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not that I've heard. :dontknow:

IMHO: Researching an area, quality metal detecting machine and time in the field is the best method of finding keepers. Good Luck in 2020! :icon_thumleft:

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
The trouble with anyone who claims to be a dowser, map dowser, remote viewer, etc. is that an extremely high percentage will be very well spoken frauds. The next larger group will be those who believe they are dowsers, but have never produced so much as a cup of water from a puddle. The smallest group of dowsers are those who occasionally hit the mark.

I have met a few. Water witchers, primarily. Some put me in that category, until I had a stroke several years ago. I did not deliberately look for water, but in the areas of central Nevada, and California’s Mojave Desert, I could find potable water whenever there was a need. I think my abilities were more from an understanding of terrain than anything spiritual.

In my pre-stroke life, I encountered many dozens of people claiming dowsing abilities for gold, silver, cash, coin, relics, and a variety of items. None were capable of finding items hidden as part of a test.

Unless you are looking for potable water, my experience says no.

Time for more coffee.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Forrest Fenn treasure cache has been out there for ten years and there is much info about it. Still no psychic/map dowser has come up with it. That ought to be all you need to know about this. But I'll go further. There are people who claim to have psychic power. People post a photo or map of a suspected cache area and the psychic puts an "X' or "o" somewhere on the page with the hopes that the person might stumble across it and attribute their success to the psychic and then give them a share of the loot. Needless to say these types are close to fraud. If anybody ever had a proven track record their name would be on the front page of every newspaper in the world. Not a single one ever.

Some of these so called "famous" psychics have written books with their predictions. Every one has been proven false. But that doesn't stop some people from believing. You get some vague prediction and a person will find something to fit it.

And really the street gypsy fortune tellers can read people better than most. They have practiced all their life with instruction from family members. Again, vague predictions.

Last edited:

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried once but when I got there the treasure was gone and so was the psychic!

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure about that one. LOL

OP
OP
GoldieLocks

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really didn't ask for opinions on psychics.
Maybe I could just ask if anyone ever had a feeling they should try a certain spot or area and found great things?

OP
OP
GoldieLocks

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the video, I will watch it the next time I am on a normal computer

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really didn't ask for opinions on psychics.
Maybe I could just ask if anyone ever had a feeling they should try a certain spot or area and found great things?

GoldieLocks, that's called intuition. Intuition is a subconscious function, resulting from learned prior experiences. A detectorist will often scan a site and intuit the best place to start, what areas to focus on, and what areas to ignore. Tain't nothing psychic.

That said, if I found a psychic who was consistently digging up buried treasure then, yeah, I'd give 'em a try.

OP
OP
GoldieLocks

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GoldieLocks, that's called intuition. Intuition is a subconscious function, resulting from learned prior experiences. A detectorist will often scan a site and intuit the best place to start, what areas to focus on, and what areas to ignore. Tain't nothing psychic.

That said, if I found a psychic who was consistently digging up buried treasure then, yeah, I'd give 'em a try.
Intuit, hilarious. Totally the definition of a psychic. Trust me!

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The day I purchased my Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, I was going to take it home and put it on the shelf to use for a loaner.

Now I'm not too sure that the suspense of having a new, unopened, detector riding around with me was working on my noggin but, I never made it to the house. I felt like I had to take it to a site that I had pounded to the limit and give it a try. Sure enough, I found a bunch of keepers, mostly clad but still keepers. I became a fan of the BH TK4 that day and still use it to this day.

I have never used a psychic but have always wondered why they want to know your name when you call. They are supposed to be psychic so shouldn't they already know your name? Just sayin'.
-DH-

LouMiller

Dec 27, 2019
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 Vanquish 540 Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The day I purchased my Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, I was going to take it home and put it on the shelf to use for a loaner.

Now I'm not too sure that the suspense of having a new, unopened, detector riding around with me was working on my noggin but, I never made it to the house. I felt like I had to take it to a site that I had pounded to the limit and give it a try. Sure enough, I found a bunch of keepers, mostly clad but still keepers. I became a fan of the BH TK4 that day and still use it to this day.

I have never used a psychic but have always wondered why they want to know your name when you call. They are supposed to be psychic so shouldn't they already know your name? Just sayin'.
-DH-

I don't know , i have never called one. But your point is valid !!!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only charge $29.95 per second for readings... and first second is free.

:)

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was detecting and looked at an area and said to myself "This looks like a magic area." I went over maybe thirty yards away, and found a men's gold band. Psychic? I don't know, but something.

Years ago was using an old White's 6.59KHz and several times I would get the feeling a ring was nearby. Within six feet I'd find a ring. Probably not psychic but the frequency nearly the same as some MFD type Long Range Locators. At the time I had no experience with them. Once I quit using that detector I never had the feeling again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread