Anyone from Montana?

rochestergirl

May 12, 2005
rochester new york
i am going to work on the reservation at their clinic as an xray tech for a couple of weeks to help out me and some other hospital workers..we are going to help because of their diabetes.. i know not to detect on their reservation i donot want any trouble im looking outside of their reservation to detect.. i donot think this willl be a cultural shock for me since where i live it is pretty much a melting pot and i have worked in the best of the ghettos...so nothing can shock me for what i have seen i seen it all pretty much...i just want to find them there treausure lol.. :D

maverick4440

Mar 20, 2003
NW Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Northwest Montana and mostly just lurk on this board.. I don't post very often. I live within 50 miles of 5 ghost towns and several gold mines and some old fur trade fort sites.
My oldest find is an 1825 shilling. I have no idea how it ended up in Northwest Montana unless it was from one of the old british fur trading posts that used to be in this area. Have found some barber stuff and primarily find chinese coins at the old mine sites.
There used to be alot of chinese miners in this area.
There are too many places to detect for Me to keep up here and this being the only pacific rainforest in the state of Montana the forests can be very dense and wet. It rains alot here. Detecting can be tough at times.
Dave

rochestergirl

May 12, 2005
rochester new york
well here in south eastern montana there is all ranchers.. nothing but cows and the ranchers own all the property.. havent found a site yet to detect.. anyhow nothing really here.. and for the jimtown stories.. that just what it is stories.. there is no more rowdy bar..now its just a boring bar run by some lady who said those where the old days.. i went there and it was sat nite only 2 people in the place.. sorry but those days are gone..

Hanson

Oct 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the owners

do you mean there was or there still is a bar there? so they tossed beer cans outside? i have to check this out.is it still standing?.. thanks for the information..

Carl Hanson taking out the beercans

Carl.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread