Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey i used to live in St Augustine..
Harbour island i think the name of the place was...

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it is time we included Teknetics in the forum and don't list them with the Other Brands.

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the forum. No more fishin around the "Other Brands" section.
HH
John

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Makes things a lot better for all the Tek. users and me ....Thanks...........

Attachments

• bunny-dance.gif
    bunny-dance.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 282
  • bunny-dance.gif
    bunny-dance.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 278

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California
Thanks for the Teknetics forum, Is it ok to post both new current models and old Teknetics from the eighties?

I use both, The T-2 and several different George Payne Teknetics models.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)

Attachments

• th_6.jpg
    th_6.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 265
OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Im not sure if i am seeing that right is that a t2 with 2 coils on it??
John

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California
Hi John,

That's a fake double coil pic, Has two coils but only one works. Did this as a joke several years back, T-2 is a good machine tough in fact still have two of them.

Here' another fake pic, T-2 dressed up as an F-75. Before the F-75 was released I arranged my T-2 to appear like the F-75, Posted it on the Fisher forum on another forum and people went crazy. Looks like a F-75 but it's really a T-2.

Have a happy New Years!
Paul (Ca)

Attachments

• 00000000000001.jpg
    00000000000001.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 228

TomNWMI

Feb 5, 2006
NWMI
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Musketeer, Tek G2, Omega and a Fisher ID Edge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Paul

Old California said:
Thanks for the Teknetics forum, Is it ok to post both new current models and old Teknetics from the eighties?

I use both, The T-2 and several different George Payne Teknetics models.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)

do you still have that original early T2 you sent me to try out? Man that thing was stable, accurate and deep! I just don't get how some complain about the T2 being noisy. LOL

Most don't realize that the sensitivity control on the T2 is threshold based and that low settings still hit deep albeit with a softer audio response. Great for working heavy iron.

Take care

Tom

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California
Hi Tom,

Yes, I still have that original T-2 and have another one same model.

If my memory serves me right, I think you found your first shield nickel with the T-2?

(Sensitivity) You're right, Even reducing T-2 sensitivity it still punches a deep signal especially in areas laced with iron it'll still punch a signal between the iron trash.

Have a Happy New Years Tom!
Paul (Ca)

TomNWMI

Feb 5, 2006
NWMI
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Musketeer, Tek G2, Omega and a Fisher ID Edge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shield nickel

Old California said:
Hi Tom,

Yes, I still have that original T-2 and have another one same model.

If my memory serves me right, I think you found your first shield nickel with the T-2?

(Sensitivity) You're right, Even reducing T-2 sensitivity it still punches a deep signal especially in areas laced with iron it'll still punch a signal between the iron trash.

Have a Happy New Years Tom!
Paul (Ca)

Yes the shield nickel and several other goodies including a Civil War store card token!

Happy New Year to you to Paul

Attachments

• t2coins.jpg
    t2coins.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 207
  • t2welics.jpg
    t2welics.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 205

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a t2 se i can't control, high sens makes it unstable i don't run it higher than 70 it seems to be confusing to run with all the settings I am the worst detectorist in Mssachusetts, lousy speller too.I get a lot of screws and bolts at great depths and high vdi's whats the deal with that. I do like 3 tone. it's like cherry pickin. I spend a lot of time on each dig:BangHead::BangHead:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a t2 se i can't control, high sens makes it unstable i don't run it higher than 70 it seems to be confusing to run with all the settings I am the worst detectorist in Mssachusetts, lousy speller too.I get a lot of screws and bolts at great depths and high vdi's whats the deal with that. I do like 3 tone. it's like cherry pickin. I spend a lot of time on each dig:BangHead::BangHead:

I swing the F75 which is similar, I normally run my sensitivity between 65 and 75. It still goes deep with this setting.

OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other

I have a T2SE and run it 99 sens 0disc and 2+ tones all the time..Its the only way to go..I have no problem at all but mostly im out in the woods away from power lines..
If your not running 0 disc your missing lots of targets..
~Blaze

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread