Omega 8000 first try

General Hekimer

Oct 22, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone! Well my first run with the omega produced two indian head pennies in a section of a park witch all the local detectorist gave up on long ago. This old park is loaded with hot rocks and old slag that registers as screwcaps on minelabs, CZ's, and the DFX. The omega was excellent, very quiet around the hot rocks and the slag reads lower than other detectors. If I use a minelab in this area I have to notch out 40 and run in ferrous although I still get quite a bit of falsing. Today I'll take it out in the cold, around twenty five degrees, anyone ever had cold weather problems with there omega? I have one question for the engineers, why are deep,{ valuble }, targets quiet and surface junk loud? This is the exact opposite of what I need. I absolutley hate modulation. I had a friend with an XLT who wasn't getting good depth, turns out he had the modulation on, once turned off he got the depth he wanted. He ran that way, with modulation, for a couple of years because he didn't study the manual. See you all later, have a great Christmas, Darryl.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you considered the G2 yet?
I hear its like an upgraded omega..
John

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
johnnyblaze said:
John
But the G2 is it not just a Fisher Gold bug Pro with a Tek logo. ????? All 3 are great detectors but that is how i always viewed the G2...........

Attachments

• Tekglobelogosm.gif
    Tekglobelogosm.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 696
  • Tekglobelogosm.gif
    Tekglobelogosm.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 700

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy said:
johnnyblaze said:
John
But the G2 is it not just a Fisher Gold bug Pro with a Tek logo. ????? All 3 are great detectors but that is how i always viewed the G2...........
I was thinking about purchasing the G2 then i found out it had no volume control..Like it was an ace 250 or something...What the heck were they thinking!!!
This was a deal breaker for me..
John

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
General Hekimer said:
Hello everyone! Well my first run with the omega produced two indian head pennies in a section of a park witch all the local detectorist gave up on long ago. This old park is loaded with hot rocks and old slag that registers as screwcaps on minelabs, CZ's, and the DFX. The omega was excellent, very quiet around the hot rocks and the slag reads lower than other detectors. If I use a minelab in this area I have to notch out 40 and run in ferrous although I still get quite a bit of falsing. Today I'll take it out in the cold, around twenty five degrees, anyone ever had cold weather problems with there omega? I have one question for the engineers, why are deep,{ valuble }, targets quiet and surface junk loud? This is the exact opposite of what I need. I absolutley hate modulation. I had a friend with an XLT who wasn't getting good depth, turns out he had the modulation on, once turned off he got the depth he wanted. He ran that way, with modulation, for a couple of years because he didn't study the manual. See you all later, have a great Christmas, Darryl.
General............... I always thought that is the way every one likes the sound ... The closer to the the coil loud..... the deeper it goes the not so loud........ you can guess your depth that way............ And general what part of the US do you live ........ I would guess north since you said 25 degrees..........

Attachments

• addon.gif
    addon.gif
    78 KB · Views: 659
  • Tekglobelogo_med.gif
    Tekglobelogo_med.gif
    4 KB · Views: 692
  • addon.gif
    addon.gif
    78 KB · Views: 650
  • Tekglobelogo_med.gif
    Tekglobelogo_med.gif
    4 KB · Views: 694
OP
OP
G

General Hekimer

Oct 22, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct I live in upstate N.Y. As I get older my hearing gets worse! If I'm coin hunting in a park looking for silver I ignore most surface signals so If I could reverse the modulation effect, louder for deeper, I would love this feature. As for telling the depth, I really don't care because most places I detect I'm alowed to use a shovel and just dig away. Most of my hunting is dig everything over Iron in well hunted locations. Also I really don't like to use headphones so not having a volume control is a bit of a pain. I've been detecting for about forty years and have grown to not like hunting where other people are present, I really enjoy being left alone to concentrate on my detecting. I am in a great area for this as much of upstate NY is basicly a ghost town. In Otsego county alone I have permission to detect on thousands of acres, mostly farms. Almost every village has an abandon fairgrounds and hundreds of cellar holes. I really appreciate first texas's new detectors and would love to try the G2.

OP
OP
G

General Hekimer

Oct 22, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, hey Keppy any chance I could get a dinner date with you avitar??

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
General Hekimer said:
Oh, hey Keppy any chance I could get a dinner date with you avitar??
Sure here she is take her out ........... She said that it is fine with her........

Attachments

• pirates3.jpg
    pirates3.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 696
  • pirates3.jpg
    pirates3.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 692

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
General Hekimer said:
You are correct I live in upstate N.Y. As I get older my hearing gets worse! If I'm coin hunting in a park looking for silver I ignore most surface signals so If I could reverse the modulation effect, louder for deeper, I would love this feature. As for telling the depth, I really don't care because most places I detect I'm alowed to use a shovel and just dig away. Most of my hunting is dig everything over Iron in well hunted locations. Also I really don't like to use headphones so not having a volume control is a bit of a pain. I've been detecting for about forty years and have grown to not like hunting where other people are present, I really enjoy being left alone to concentrate on my detecting. I am in a great area for this as much of upstate NY is basicly a ghost town. In Otsego county alone I have permission to detect on thousands of acres, mostly farms. Almost every village has an abandon fairgrounds and hundreds of cellar holes. I really appreciate first texas's new detectors and would love to try the G2.

If you dont have a T2 you need to get 1 immediately..
John

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
johnnyblaze said:
General Hekimer said:

If you dont have a T2 you need to get 1 immediately..
John
I heard the T2 was unstable and give's off a lot of chatter.. And at my age now i don't need that..... I want a nice smooth running detector......

Attachments

• AG00347_.gif
    AG00347_.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 678
  • AG00347_.gif
    AG00347_.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 670

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
I dont use headphones so it does not bother me at all.
But the depth and iron target seperation is amazing..
John

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I heard the T2 was unstable and give's off a lot of chatter.. And at my age now i don't need that..... I want a nice smooth running detector......

I had one and sold it for that very reason .. made more squeaks, squawks, and honks than a wild goose in heat!

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Not to mention it is one of the most lightweight well balanced detectors ever made..
John

P.S. You must not of gave it much time because i can adjust it to be quiet...
Also the T2 Special Edition is much more stable.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
johnnyblaze said:
Not to mention it is one of the most lightweight well balanced detectors ever made..
John

P.S. You must not of gave it much time because i can adjust it to be quiet...
Also the T2 Special Edition is much more stable.

I don't know, but I think three weeks is just about enough time to try every combination under the sun. Been at this game for over 42 years, and all I can tell you is that I grew to despise that detector. Glad I am rid of it! Perhaps there was something wrong with it, cause even though the F75 can be very noisy at times, it doesn't hold a candle to that honking-squawking T2!

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
I always look at the Omega and the G2 as a detector for the clad parks..I have never hunted a park...
If your a adventurous colonial site hunter hiking miles into the woods in rough terrain you want the T2 because of the depth..All those years of leaves buries the colonial stuff deep.
Thats what alot of sights here in New England are like.
My friends around here cant even compete with my T2 at these sites...
They all bought 1...
John

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
johnnyblaze said:
I always look at the Omega and the G2 as a detector for the clad parks..I have never hunted a park...
If your a adventurous colonial site hunter hiking miles into the woods in rough terrain you want the T2 because of the depth..All those years of leaves buries the colonial stuff deep.
Thats what alot of sights here in New England are like.
My friends around here cant even compete with my T2 at these sites...
They all bought 1...
John
Well my self i am like ..General Hekimer..and .. creskol... it seems that us 3 have each have been detecting for over 40 years the general has over 40 and creskol has over 40 and i have over 40...............And we don't need a detector that is a pain in the butt that we have to be fooling with all the time............. So to us your T2 is not better than what we use............to you yes to us no........

Attachments

• !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 631
  • !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 632
OP
OP
G

General Hekimer

Oct 22, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Mr. Keppy! Just to fill you in, my date was excellent although when I woke in the morning my date was gone along with my money! Huh!, reminds me of my X-wife. Pirate women are all the same.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
General Hekimer said:
Thank you Mr. Keppy! Just to fill you in, my date was excellent although when I woke in the morning my date was gone along with my money! Huh!, reminds me of my X-wife. Pirate women are all the same.
General , I thought she was over that... I guess all Pirate women are just money grabbers..........

Attachments

• illustrations-of-pirates16.jpg
    illustrations-of-pirates16.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 534

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread