has anyone tried the SEF coil on there omega or gamma?

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
I was gonna get 1 for my T2 but the weight difference is a turn off..
I have not heard good reviews although 1 person i know likes them, most dont...
The 11 inch dd coil seems to be the best coil on the teknetics shelf...
Probably why it comes factory..Well on the T2..
John

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With everything I have read up to this point...I would have to advise to just get the 11 inch DD coil for your new Gamma when you get it. What I have heard is that the SEF "can" give an extra 1 to 1 and 1/2 inches. You "can" get that over the stock coil with the 11 DD. I personally did not see the extra depth in air tests between the stock coil and the 11" DD coil, but I could only test at a sensitivity of 92 out of 99 because of EMI in my house. I have heard that the SEF coil is pretty heavy compared to the DD, which throws off the perfect balance of the detector. If you are planning to use it in local parks in your area, I would highly recommend that you get the 5"DD instead. It is phenomenal in trash and target separation, and the Gamma has a very quick recovery speed. I have dug coins up to 7 inches with the 5 inch coil. Much deeper than you would expect from such a small coil. I am reasonably sure it will go a little deeper, just haven't put the coil over that target yet. The 11 inch DD does just as good but will work YOU a little harder trying to isolate a single signal in a trashy park, so it is better for less trashy areas.

Understand that I have NO personal experience with the SEF coils, just research. Hope this helps in your decision.

capt1989

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread