WHO USES A T2 AND WHAT DO YOU USE IT FOR and how do you like the machine?

CBAILEY

Dec 24, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer se, whites prizm v, whites classic ii
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, my name is Craig and wanted to get a little info on the T2. I am getting T2 se in a week or two and mostly look for coins here in Ga. I wouldn't mind trying for some older stuff if I can get some good areas and find someone to hunt with. thanks
??? ???

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
I love the T2...Buy the special edition its worth it... :headbang:
No need for any other detector once you master it..

Blaze...

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I bought a used T2 off the classifieds section of T-Net a year ago. Good price, but it didn't work as it should. I sent it in to be serviced. Excellent service and prompt communication. They replaced every part except for the metal shaft (original scratch on the paint). They didn't charge me a cent. The machine is awesome. It is super sensitive and loves gold. It is my preferred machine. I would like to buy another just as a back-up.

f14tomcat

Greenie
Apr 19, 2009
Love the T-2, have had since late last year. Coin hunting only. I have the 6.6 version and run the sens at 99 always and very stable. I have the 11'' and 5'' coil. If i'm hunting an old school that has been hunted hard my setting are sens-99, disc-80, tones-1. I will swing the coil fast and listen for a tone, i have found silver and a large cent using these setting. Tom

Bartman

Apr 9, 2008
Baltimore/Cambridge, MD
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, ACE 250
Love my T2 as well. Does great on coin shooting. There is no perfect machine, but my only complaint would be the depth readings being somewhat inaccurate. I know it can vary depending upon the depth of the target. I dug a 1798 large cent at a solid 10 inches, but the numbers wouldn't even appear on the readout, but the sound was good so I just kept digging. Glad I did.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Bartman said:
Love my T2 as well. Does great on coin shooting. There is no perfect machine, but my only complaint would be the depth readings being somewhat inaccurate. I know it can vary depending upon the depth of the target. I dug a 1798 large cent at a solid 10 inches, but the numbers wouldn't even appear on the readout, but the sound was good so I just kept digging. Glad I did.

If the number would not appear at 10 inches you have a problem with your pinpointer..
I seen this happen to another guy he sent it in and they fixed it..
First Texas is really good about there warranty and gave me no problems when i sent mine in..
Good luck :icon_thumleft:

Blaze...

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like it though I had a few replacements prior to the issue of the 6.00 version. The 6.0 though lacking the seals of the later versions is nearly as good though seeing Bartman's post I have to say he's right in my view, all three models I had were iffy on depth and would not give a reading on deeper coins.

I wonder if he's also got the 6.0 and its something they tweaked with the 6.5 ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread