T-2, and the Vaquero

nadcarves

May 24, 2006
central ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
I have been using a Vaquero and really need something that ID's in trashed areas. Air distance comparison, believe the "V" has the edge..For soccer field hunting, the 3 by 18 clean sweep coil rules. Trashy sites, have the 5.75's for the Vaquero, and the 5 inch for the T-2..My first real outing will be at several 1800's houses that have a fair amount of iron in the soil.. Then, an old school yard that could be a profitable iron mine. If the T-2 coil works well in the trash, I'll sell the small Tesoro coils....I like the ferrous ,non-ferrous sounds, over the single beep on the "V"...So, a learning process..I am happy with the Vaquero, and still have to see if the T-2 will give me that same warm fuzzy feeling.....One interesting comment from a Minelab owner who uses a G-2(?)......Don't tell the Minelab boys about your T-2.otherwise they will all want one.....................My" V" is coming along Weds, his E-track, as well, for comparisons. So we'll have 4 hitters running around two old trash laden yards, may start finding out a few things.. Thanks for stopping by, cordially Nad :icon_thumright: Who knows, my Willow fork with the updated cow bell may stomp everything.. ;D

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried a Vaquero and found it to be way too noisy. I now have a T2 and a Gold Bug Pro which is a clone of the G2, just different physical mount. The T2 can also be chatty. When it comes to trashy areas like parks and soccer fields the GB Pro/G2 is just plain awsome. Accurate ID, deep, and runs very quiet. I recommend the 11 biax coil for those areas. You also can use the 5 inch coil and the 10 inch concentric. The T2 coils and G2 coils are not interchangeable. At least not officially.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
The T2 is just an amazing detector in iron..I hunt in 0 disc..The key is not to wear headphones and rely highly on the vdi..Its accurate,very accurate.If its just way to trashy you bump it up to 21. :thumbsup:

Blaze...

OP
OP
N

nadcarves

May 24, 2006
central ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Found out my large coil may be defective..Silver dime at 7 inches,my T-2 five inch coil does that..Searched for about 5 hours, got too tired to understand everything going on..Went through my neighbors yard,old house, several dime "lock on" signals, and a quarter" lock on"..A 50 / 70 foot swinging walk..that long. Very impressed because there was /is ,so much trash, beep and dig, would have required an automatic digger. I am sending the large coil off for the people at Teknetics to repair or sell me a new one...Only complaint is that I don't know which frequency is used to tell the dates on the coins before you dig them... :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread