g2 users,......... hows the machine do as a gold ring/chain hunter???????????

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: g2 users,......... how's the machine do as a gold ring/chain hunter???????????

Seeker, The G2 is one if not the best machine on gold rings I have ever seen. Sent you a PM!

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: g2 users,......... how's the machine do as a gold ring/chain hunter???????????

I had run tests on a bunch of detectors last year. That included a V3, MXT, Vaquero, Tejon and a few others. In particular I wondered now well a medium gold ring at 5 inches could be hit. At 2-3 inches they were fairly even, but at 5 inches they really fall down on the job. The GB Pro is too much fun to use. All detectors have strengths and weaknesses. All humans have certain personal likes and dislikes about detector features. But I now find myself using a Gold Bug Pro (G2 clone) for general coin hunting. I just got it late in fall 2010 so I'm anxious for this season. It kills me to wonder how much gold jewelry I may have passed over last year. It has a definite bias towards gold but it still kills on silver coins.

On the other hand maybe we need to start false rumors about how the G2 and GB Pro are the worst excuse for a detector. Of course that would just be greedy of me....

The thing that really stands out is how these are marketed. Not a lot of hype and fireworks. I think Mr Johnson and others at FTP are banking on this model gaining market share by demonstrating it's own performance by individual experience and word of mouth thus saving the advertising money for their own pockets. That approach seems to be working! They will be making a lot of money on these. The other manufacturers have to be jealous.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You guys have got me this close to buying one...

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

Yes that g2 or gold bug pro do sound like it may be something i would like to try......... Fast and light also.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Anyone looking for a G2 or a GB Pro holler! I can make some great deals on them!

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

if you have one(g2) , please test it on gold chains and gold stud ear rings and report how well it does!!!!!!! a video of it would be nice.
chuck(seeker41)

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:icon_thumright: ok, i went ahead and got one!!!!!!!!!!!!! had an awesome trade deal with larry at NWI DETECTORS thanks larry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_thumleft:
chuck.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Great choice! Let us know how you like it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions