NEL Tornado coils from Russia???

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've watched a few of the videos online showing the sheer depth of the NEL Tornado coils and must say I'm quite impressed. Have any of you actually used one before? If so, is the depth everything I've seen and heard about online?? I want to get one for my Omega 8000.

BTW, seems this company is located in Russia. Should I trust them? Their website doesn't even have the text in English, so, not sure what to make of this outfit. Any feedback??

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have dealt with many companies in Russia , and I have had no issues at all . In fact they when beyond in making sure everything went fine .

It is not like the old Russia or the U.S.S.R of old .

And if you send an email most of the time they have an English speaker that will work with you.
So far all has gone well working through Russia !

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of them seem to be copies of the SEF coils but are claimed to be lighter and cheaper.

The only test results I've seen were for the Garrett 250 and depth improvement was 1 to 2 inches but then the NEL (Hunter?) was a bigger coil by about an inch and a half in width so you would expect that to add depth.

I've had equipment from Russia, Poland and Bulgaria without problem apart from getting a phone call from the British delivery company demanding payment by credit card to cover British import duties though sometimes an item comes straight through without these charges.

GSim

Greenie
Jul 1, 2009
They are don't located in Russia. Are located in Ukraine and as I know are joint american - ukraine company. All videos about their products:
http://www.youtube.com/user/alex547950
Don't think that their coils are copy of SEF coils, because already they introduced coils for X-Terra. As I know there on the market aren't yet coils for X-Terra?

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As stated earlier the company is in the Ukraine. The NEL Tornado coil is AWESOME on my Gamma. I have only taken it off once since I received it and that was to hunt a very trashy area with the 5" DD. I put it back on and re hunted the same area and found 2 wheat pennies and other non money items the small coil missed. It has amazing target seperation and I personally believe it allows the Gamma to be all it can be. In my hunting areas the targets are not really deep so I can't say how much deeper it will go. I have recovered a quarter at 8", my deepest so far. It pin points extremely well and I only use the pin point mode for a depth reading with this coil. I can tell a new style pull tab 90% of the time and an old style beaver tail with the tail attached and in the outward position 99% with this coil. Can slaw still gets it though but 2 out of 3 ain't bad. If you use the google chrome browser it gives you the option to translate the website to English. The coil was $168.00 plus 20 some odd bucks to send it western union. It took a little over a month for the coil to get to me in Arkansas. They will give you a tracking number but it is only good for tracking it in the Ukraine. The us post office could tell me nothing about the package and it just showed up one day. It is worth much more in my opinion and I would by another in a heartbeat if I needed it. It comes with a 2 year warranty. Shoot then an email if you are serious about getting one. The English is not the best but you can get their meaning in general terms. Hope this info helps you.

capt.

fever87

Aug 16, 2009
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Equinox 600, GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The NEL Tornado coil is AWESOME on my Gamma. I have only taken it off once since I received it and that was to hunt a very trashy area with the 5" DD. I put it back on and re hunted the same area and found 2 wheat pennies and other non money items the small coil missed. It has amazing target seperation and I personally believe it allows the Gamma to be all it can be. In my hunting areas the targets are not really deep so I can't say how much deeper it will go. I have recovered a quarter at 8", my deepest so far. It pin points extremely well and I only use the pin point mode for a depth reading with this coil. I can tell a new style pull tab 90% of the time and an old style beaver tail with the tail attached and in the outward position 99% with this coil. Can slaw still gets it though but 2 out of 3 ain't bad. If you use the google chrome browser it gives you the option to translate the website to English. The coil was $168.00 plus 20 some odd bucks to send it western union. It took a little over a month for the coil to get to me in Arkansas. They will give you a tracking number but it is only good for tracking it in the Ukraine.

capt.

My decision is based on whether or not this is going to work on highly mineralized soil (Culpeper County, VA to be specific). I am trying to ind something to overcome this soild without dropping money on a PI machine. While a PI might be the best way to deal with that soil any advantage or way to mitigate the mineralization without buying a whole new machine would be great.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A slight change in coil design isn't going to help with ground mineralisation. If the coil is bigger its going to be more hampered.

ossi

Nov 3, 2011
Pannonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO INTERNATIONAL (Nel hunter)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Ukraine is not Russia. The head super Garrett Ace 250, +40% more depth. Ossi

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
In general, larger searchcoils provide a larger "sweep" and a little bit more depth (not much if any), but with more electrical interference and more ground pickup than a standard size searchcoil, and some loss of the smallest targets. For searching in soils with low mineralization and not much trash, a larger searchcoil can be a good thing.

I am not in a position to endorse specific aftermarket accessory searchcoils. However I can speak in generalities. ......Twenty years ago, the aftermarket business was pretty spotty in terms of reputation. Nowadays with the Internet, you can earn a bad reputation a lot faster than a good one, and the result has been that most aftermarket companies that have been in business several years or more succeeded because they did right by their customers. Nowadays it's hard to stay in business by ripping off customers, the Internet pretty much stops that.

--Dave J.

Frank in NH

Aug 4, 2006
Auburn NH
I use a NEL Sharpshooter on my E-Trac it gets great depth and pinpoints right on. Last week pulled up a 1911 quarter and another spot an indian head they were both over 8".

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With any coil you have to decide if its going to be sufficient of an improvement to warrant the extra cost. An example of this is my T2 with the 10 x 12 SEF coil. On small hammered silver the in ground depth was just about the same whereas with a large coin (bigger than a quarter) the depth gain was around two inches.

How many really small/thin targets have you in your area compared to larger ones ?

You can still waste money though as you will see reports that SEF's, NEL's, Coilteks, Razorbacks are the finest things like sliced bread but you might not have the exact model mentioned and the results could be different. Another example is the 12" Sunray coil that I prefer on the older Sovereigns but it offers little over the stock coil on the Sovereign GT.

fever87

Aug 16, 2009
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Equinox 600, GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A slight change in coil design isn't going to help with ground mineralisation. If the coil is bigger its going to be more hampered.
I am still a newbie to this - only been at this since December. I am trying get the most out of the machine I bought. My understanding is that a NEL coil could help me get cover more ground but only experience with my machine and its operation will make a difference in hot ground.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many fool themselves as to the advantages of larger coils. Whatever the brand the more surface area presented to the ground the more mineralisation is picked up. If mineralisation is near what your detector can cope with, with its stock coil, then going bigger will cost depth.

Selecting an elliptical coil can help with the width being a guide to how deep it should detect and the elongated length providing a wider sweep whilst minimising the mineralisation pick up. Don't forget G.B. (ground balance) doesn't in fact balance out the effects of mineralisation, its still there doing its worse. Don't let me put you off buying a third party coil. The manufacturer should make the best for each of their models but the fact is they often don't.

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the 5.5x9.5 Sharpshooter on my Etrac as my default coil. It seems to perform on par with the stock coil. Being an elliptical DD coil I think it helps the Etrac responsiveness since it isn't processing as many targets at a time. The delivery was only a couple of weeks and included a cover. It seems to be constructed as nice as any other coils.

Kbron2000

May 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT ,Fisher F2 DD Coil, NEL Tornado Coil, Garret Propointer ....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought one for my Fisher F2... on its way

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
40 % added depth is false and hog wash ...i have the nel big 15x17 and it maybe ...MAYBE added 2 inches so there claims to 40 % is far beyond a lie ....

Kbron2000

May 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT ,Fisher F2 DD Coil, NEL Tornado Coil, Garret Propointer ....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got mine today will test it in a few days!

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope its not too heavy for you...has to be lighter then my nel big 15x17
th.jpeg

Kbron2000

May 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just a bit heavier than my 11inch DD coil, It felt the same when I went from my 10inch to my 11inch DD. And it's doing good so far I like It....

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
today I tested my used NEL TORNADO FBS coil, after usual short test with HOT ROCKS I can say Ukrainian NEL producers did poor job! looks like they tuned coil to Hot! if you dont believe me take tester and compare coil receiver resistance with minelab FBS Pro coil or old 1050 coil or Coiltek Little Joy.
Cable too not the best quality and not the same like the rest FBS coils producers use, some sort what they had they used.

MY OPINION FBS NEL COIL IS DISASTER< EXCEPT YOU WILL DETECT IN AIR!
Sorry if you will read the same text in other forum , but this is what i can say about this stupid coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread