t2 question

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No backlight, but I suppose it means less to go wrong and not that essential as you can detect by tones.

Seems a long time since the SE came out but I don't remember the settings memory of the Fisher versions being added even though I did a field test at the time.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
T2 doesn't retain settings, no backlight, only 3 tones and wider iron range than f75. If you have any questions feel free to call or email me. Love to help!

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stoopstroop said:
T2 doesn't retain settings, no backlight, only 3 tones and wider iron range than f75. If you have any questions feel free to call or email me. Love to help!
You are correct except for the amount of tones. The T2 has 1,1+,2+,3,3b,4 and delta pitch( 99 seperate tones, 1 for each VDI number).
HH
John

nadcarves

May 24, 2006
central ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
When you say "wider iron range" what does that mean ? And is" wider" better or worse than "narrower"? Many thanks for your time...I assume discrimination level of some sort

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
T2 iron range is 1-40ish. F75 is 1-20ish. I forget what f70 is. Hope that helps.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends where you live and what your after.

In Europe with 3000 years of iron and very small and thin coins you need width at the bottom end of the discrimination. If your just working U.S. parks/sports fields/top of beaches you might prefer to have the width at the top end for modern rubbish.
To simplify to the N'th degree just think of the T2 as allowing you to have many more degrees of low end discrimination so you could discrim. out say an iron nail that almost gives the same reading as a small silver coin whilst still picking up the coin.

So wider is always better but the width can be at any part of the meter scale the manufacturer decides so you have to decide where YOU need it. The majority of detectors just have an equal spread.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread