High grass hunting( T-2)

nadcarves

May 24, 2006
central ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Have permission to hunt several fields where the grass is not clipped down very far.T-2 several inches above the ground..Will I have to adjust the ground balance , decrease sensitivity, or discrimination ,when 4 to 5 inches above the soil surface? At a close by field, I picked off a shield nickel, coil about 5 inches up in the air, with the coin around three inches down in the dirt.. Vaquero that time. Mine Labs not interested in hunting this area..........A detector that can tolerate an air gap, and still find coins is very important to me.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting! Let us know how you do!

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
nadcarves said:
Have permission to hunt several fields where the grass is not clipped down very far.T-2 several inches above the ground..Will I have to adjust the ground balance , decrease sensitivity, or discrimination ,when 4 to 5 inches above the soil surface? At a close by field, I picked off a shield nickel, coil about 5 inches up in the air, with the coin around three inches down in the dirt.. Vaquero that time. Mine Labs not interested in hunting this area..........A detector that can tolerate an air gap, and still find coins is very important to me.

Hunt in 0 disc there is a big boost there :thumbsup:

Blaze

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread