SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So Minelab will not repair my Explorer XS BUT they did send me a nice 15% off coupon :help: So I have a paper weight that doesn't detect metal. Ive been hearing good things about the T2 SE . I currently use a Troy Shadow X5 and love the light weight,good battery life and easy use. The T2 seems to be the same as the F75 sans backlight,memory and a few other things. I hear they are chattery but so is the X5 if I max it out. I would like an honest assessment of the T2. Its either the Minelab Ex SE. or the T2 SE. Someone talk me into buying the T2. :laughing7:

nadcarves

May 24, 2006
central ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
In my case CONFIDENCE..I have a T-2, actually, Teknetics has it...I have never really gotten to hunt with the large coil...I am .also, the worst person in the world trying to use any computerized item.. It is as simple to set up and run as is my Vaquero...With the small coil, the numbers and sounds let me know target ID right now. I have as much confidence in my ability to set it up and use, as I do my Tesoros.....The T-2 will be the DEEP Field hunter. The "V" will sing,"Ring, a ding, DIG !!!!"on the flat fields.. Watched over a thousand kids running around throwing things{Frisbees] on a cold windy, drizzle day.. Will have the Clean Sweep Coil on, and outta here.I am not knocking the Minelabs,it is just that I would never feel comfortable thinking I could make the unit do anything near what it can..With the T-2, I just read the numbers you all have posted,make sure I do the CB dance, and go...no worries about iron masking...does machine have it, if so, do I need to use it, better yet HOW.??????? Pushing 73, want that time to hunt..............

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
nadcarves said:
In my case CONFIDENCE..I have a T-2, actually, Teknetics has it...I have never really gotten to hunt with the large coil...I am .also, the worst person in the world trying to use any computerized item.. It is as simple to set up and run as is my Vaquero...With the small coil, the numbers and sounds let me know target ID right now. I have as much confidence in my ability to set it up and use, as I do my Tesoros.....The T-2 will be the DEEP Field hunter. The "V" will sing,"Ring, a ding, DIG !!!!"on the flat fields.. Watched over a thousand kids running around throwing things{Frisbees] on a cold windy, drizzle day.. Will have the Clean Sweep Coil on, and outta here.I am not knocking the Minelabs,it is just that I would never feel comfortable thinking I could make the unit do anything near what it can..With the T-2, I just read the numbers you all have posted,make sure I do the CB dance, and go...no worries about iron masking...does machine have it, if so, do I need to use it, better yet HOW.??????? Pushing 73, want that time to hunt..............
I know what you mean i am right there pushing with you...................... That is why i am going to get rid of my heavy Minelab and Garrett................... And switch to the Teknetics & Tesoro detectors and i hear that the Tek detectors are just as deep as the Minelabs .................... And a lot lighter......... And a very easy learning curve...

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SouthJerseyJim and all,
I have owned all the explorers and now an etrac. I can answer allot of your questions. For silver minelabs are hands down the best. For depth and separation the T2/f75 is on top. Minelabs won't hit small gold or chains at all. The weight difference and swingability is not even close. Feel free to call me with any questions or great pricing. Bart

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a T2SE and it is by far the best machine ive ever used. ive been detecting since 1978. battery life is crazy good. ive dug some very deep targets and my great finds have went way up. recovery speed is one of my favorite things among so many great things about this detector.

nadcarves

May 24, 2006
central ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Basstrackerman....1978? 78? God, you are a youngster.....Go faster, you slow down with age and both the Tesoros and Teknetics are light and fast enough to give us more digging time..

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
i cant even remember the last time i changed my batteries in the T2..
And i use it a few times a week for a good period of time.Its like a watch :thumbsup:

I can balance The T2 on 1 finger its so lite..

Awesome detector :headbang:

I have heard really good things about the Etrac also :dontknow:

Blaze

ahaulil

Apr 19, 2011
North Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a T2 SE last month and to tell you the truth, I love it.

Here in NV and AZ everyone worships the Minelab and somewhat the Whites detectors.

I was out at Gold Basin, AZ and nobody's ever heard of Teknetics.

I saw this poor fool swinging the 5000 with this huge coil. I said that he could have saved $4500 and not wreaked his shoulder.

To each his own.

Can't wait for the coin hunt next month!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
The worst thing about the the T2 is that it is too hot. Seriously. The thing loves gold. The smaller and deeper, the better. It is my detector of choice. I carry 3 others with me at all times and detect nearly every day. The T2 is the first and sometimes the only detector I use on any given day. Very lightweight and the batteries last forever. Also, customer service/repairs are fast and top notch. Try that with a Minelab; you better have a back-up detector as you won't be seeing your primary for a long time.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The T2 is simply amazing on depth and small gold. VERY hard to beat the new SE model in boost mode!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smile, you're on Candid Camera! Sorry thread is 4 years old

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a T2 SE last month and to tell you the truth, I love it.

Here in NV and AZ everyone worships the Minelab and somewhat the Whites detectors.

I was out at Gold Basin, AZ and nobody's ever heard of Teknetics.

I saw this poor fool swinging the 5000 with this huge coil. I said that he could have saved $4500 and not wreaked his shoulder.

To each his own.

Can't wait for the coin hunt next month!
That 'poor fool' would have a much better chance at deeper nuggets with the PI, especially in those VLF hunted out nugget patches at least, lol. A guy out here in Yucca Valley told me he found over 5 oz in 3 years with his 4500 (also some with GB Pro), the VLF machines just could not reach the deeper stuff in all the mineralization. Not sure if the gold paid for the GPX yet, probably cause he also bought 9 coils for it, lol!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go ahead and get a GPZ or SDC Scott! It "should" pay for itself in a year or so. Maybe even in 1 hunt! I would have to have an sdc if I lived out there in gold country.

Last edited:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go ahead and get a GPZ or SDC Scott! It "should" pay for itself in a year or so. Maybe even in 1 hunt! I would have to have an sdc if I lived out there in gold country.

I myself, would never waste that kind of money on something that doesnt have an engine, lol. Just stating what a local said when I was out in Burns Canyon. So many VLF detectors have pounded the nugget patches, that PI's seem to be hot ticket out here for those deeper nuggets a VLF just cannot reach. I have actually seen some nice nuggets found in Randsberg with an Infinium. I get tired of digging lead & finding zero gold when I nugget shoot. Talk about needle in a haystack....

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim I started this hobby a year and a half ago. My area is old! 1607 old. My sites are old and the finds are deep. My T2 blew away all my expectations. Spanish silvers, lots of shoe buckles, killer buttons, then a tree coin and 1664 cob to end last season. I'm telling you man.... I likely would have missed a LOT of these targets with another machine!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread