SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well... I can say 1 thing about the Ace 250.

Bong, Bong, Bong, Bong, Bong, Bong.

If you can deal with that every time you hit a target then it's a great machine.

I can't stand the sound of it so there is no way I could use it for any length of time.

nightrider5020

Greenie
Nov 6, 2004
Lander, WY
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
I owned a Garret Ace 250 and used it for about a year with minimal finds. It's a good machine but tends to have a long learning curve and the sound is like above; annoying!

I bought the Delta 4000, to replace a whites MXT; another long learning curve. I wanted something lighter, able to pin-point, versatile to all areas. The Delta has performed flawlessly in all areas for me. If it displays a dime on the scale, it will be a dime. The ability to notch out iron, pull tabs is easy and works great.

I live in Central Nebraska, but travel for my job to: MN, IA, MT, CO and SD.

For the money and convenience the Delta 4000 was the better choice, at least for me.

Read the forums, there are other opinions as well.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For the $ the delta smokes the ace 250. It's faster recovery, lighter, better 5 year warranty and has more features. Holler at me if you have more questions or need pricing. Love to help you. Thanks, Bart

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
having owned and used both -- for the $67 buck -differance --the delta 4000 is much better .

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
I had a thread much like this one going recently. It was down to these two machines with a Compadre in the running as well. Ivan has convinced me to go w/the Delta 4000. I'll be purchasing it next week hopefully.

OP
OP
L

LuckyGoods

Greenie
May 31, 2011
Caledonia, Ohio
Thanks for all the great advice guys.

I checked out Bigboys up here, and has some decent prices, but i had something lined up in mind before i had posted, and got me a few additionals with it.

Looks like a quality site, and good words from the groups. Perhaps i will look you up when the wife has the calling..

I went with the Delta 4000, in an overwhelming landslide of review including what i read on the item istelf.

I thinkin i posted in the teknetics because i was leaning that way anyway.
That and nothing can be worse than this Gold digger i got....... Dowell Rods work maybe hehe

biggstile

Mar 4, 2011
Burnsville, MN
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Whites Buillseye II Pinpointer
I know you made your choice, and I'm late to answer, but to anyone else seeing this: I've had the ACE and Delta and much prefer the Delta. You name a feature, and it's better on the Teknetics The only acception is Garrett build quality can't be beat, since they are proven-quality manufactured. The build quality on Teknetics is adequate, though, and more ergonomic/comfortable/light, easy to read, etc, etc.

bingbong

Jun 23, 2011
london UK
the DELTA is fantastic value ,on my test garden of targets its spot on ,even a beer can at 24 inches is correctly IDd as alu and all bars on the depth gauge .
top brand for quality and accuracy

Chocadog

Feb 3, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari, Garrett GTI2000, Garrett250
Sorry to disagree, the 250 is great and a very easy learning curve, (about 5 minutes,) Garrett stands behind every product and the 250 is the best bang for the buck in my opinion, good hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions