How would you compare the G2 to the T2 with boost mode?

rjs123

Dec 14, 2009
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Deep Tech Vista Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The T2 in boost mode will gain you several inches but as you said be more noisy. Holler if I can help more or get you better pricing. Bart

OP
OP
rjs123

rjs123

Dec 14, 2009
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bart. Thats impressive. Still thinking about it.

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i had the g2 and the omega..now have the t2se the t2se is the best machine ive ever had. i have used both together and found the t2se finds everything the g2 finds and at much greater depths. g2 was great on shallow targets. for instance i found a target at 9 inches with t2se that read 91 on meter and was loud and clear. the g2 barely got a faint signal only one way..and if i hadnt already found that target with the t2 then i would have never known it was there. target was 1832 large cent at 9in deep.

OP
OP
rjs123

rjs123

Dec 14, 2009
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats exacty the info I wanted and what I have thought. G2 is a great machine and I love it but I thought I was missing some deeper stuff.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes that is what I heard also that the t2 was to chatty for some and that the g2 run smooth and silent....................

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have the t2se and it is very quiet. im getting the great depth at sens 85 or so. at that setting its just as quiet as the g2. that was one of the other reasons i kept the t2se and sold the others. other reasons were..volume control,true all metal,came with the 2 coils i wanted,uses 4 AA batteries that last forever, being 13khz its perfect for me since i coin hunt alot, but really enjoy finding cool relics too like keys,old door knobs,bullets,locks etc along with gold jewlery and silver coins.it gets them all.

TXDIRTFISHER

Dec 11, 2007
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
F75LTD / Tejon
T2SE in boost mode, cranked up all the way, will get you at least 7 to 8 more inches in depth over the G2. I have both machines and I've got a lot of hours on them to back up my claim. The G2 is far superior in heavy iron infested sites and is my go-to machine for that scenario, otherwise I'm rolling with the T2SE. The T2SE is good in iron, just not as good as the G2 IMO.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread