Need some help with the Teknetics Delta 4000

tjbryner

Dec 4, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got this MD today and need to use it to try and find my friends $1000 wedding ring. To make a long story short he was dumb and drove in to HIGH water along a river road and made a fast turn into the muddy field, Got stuck and had to dig the car out.

During all this he lost the ring, the are is full of "junk" (drove my Bounty Hunter 505 nutz). What do you all think would be the best or fastest way to cover the 10000 SQ foot area 100 x 100. I'm new to this MD so not sure which settings would be best and I don't want to take a long time to "learn". (He's scared to death some one will find it. it's only been around 2 months now that it's been there. :BangHead:

The area is a river bank with really soft ground. I wounder how far this ring could sink in to the ground in 2 months time, with a TON of rain afterwards. The ring as he described it to me is a mens size 12 and is about 10mm wide. Any guess?

Thanks for any help you all can give me!
TJ

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
what K IS HIS RING ? - GOLD NUMBERS NORMALLY ARE 57 FOR 10K AND 67 FOR 14 K IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY --USE JEWELRY MODE OR CUSTOM MODE

OP
OP
T

tjbryner

Dec 4, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
14K. I think. I know the last time I tried I hit all kinds of low tones with the 505. This will be a pain.
Thanks for the fast reply.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the delta is a good lil sorter --if its a 14 k finger should read as a 67 most pulltabs are off by 2 digits 65 or so --check tour machine to see -- thats the range mine rings up as .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread