I have narrowed my search for a new detector..

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
both machines you are looking at have fixed ground balance..i have used both and will say the delta 4000 is a better balanced machine and very light. delta also has a better screen and its easier to see. both frequencies are very close and both should find similar goodies. the biggest thing i hated about the ace 250 is the bell tone.. drove me insane.. the delta also has volume control..

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
justanotherbarber said:
It's going to be either an Ace 250 or a Delta 4000. I live in Arizona and would like to know it the Delta's fixed GB will give me trouble. Feedback on anything between the 2 will be appreciated.

I am leaning to the Delta.

Thanks.
The ace 250 Hausa slow recovery. Defineatly look at the tek or a fisher f2. Much better machines.

http://www.bigboyshobbies.net/shop/fisher-f2-metal-detector/

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies said:
justanotherbarber said:
It's going to be either an Ace 250 or a Delta 4000. I live in Arizona and would like to know it the Delta's fixed GB will give me trouble. Feedback on anything between the 2 will be appreciated.

I am leaning to the Delta.

Thanks.
The ace 250 Hausa slow recovery. Defineatly look at the tek or a fisher f2. Much better machines.

http://www.bigboyshobbies.net/shop/fisher-f2-metal-detector/
Bart.. Is right the 250 has a slow recovery that is why i sold mine.......

OP
OP
justanotherbarber

justanotherbarber

Jan 30, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Vaquero, Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys. I called Bart today and will order either a Delta or a Gamma from him. Now I just have to watch a few more you tube vids on the 2 and decide.

Thanks again.

rebeljim52

Sep 20, 2009
Silverstreet SC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000 and used XLT E
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a whites xlt e , new atpro and Delta 4000. I love the Delta 4000 for it's weight and have found lots of stuff with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread