T2 questions. :)

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all. I managed to get out today for a while with my new T2. I pretty much hunt with the stock settings for now.

I honestly have only gotten good crisp tones on trash targets. Steel bottle caps and old square tabs. Do others who use the machine get the same results?

Noise, lots of it, which I expected, what is the minimum sens setting without killing depth? I know this is all pretty much is different with everyones different soil types but what have you discovered you can run yours on?

scavenger

Oct 21, 2004
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre (Soon to be teknetics T2SE)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got mine in yesterday and ran it for 6 hrs today. I had best luck with sens somewhere between 70-80 disc around 40-45 and tones at 2+. All my crisp tones were coins under 6" anything deeper or on edge was crackly or faint but i dug it anyway if the numbers were consistent. It is a chatty machine, took me a couple hrs to ignore that and focus on the louder blips. boost mode was just a PITA for me, kept ringing up on big stuff deep, after I'd dig a 14" hole then it would overload on a pipe or big piece of iron. Totals for the day were 3 pieces of junk jewelry, 51 cents in clad, 1935 wheatie, eagle button, plated brooch about the size of a quarter, a small brass compact case, a mardi gras token I thought was a silver dollar when it popped out of the hole, 2 plain buttons, and 2 musket balls. I also dug about 30 various small pieces of aluminum siding and pulltabs. i wanted a deeper machine and I think I've found it, both of the dimes I hit today were at around 7", and the wheatie was around 8" I hit that area hard with my other detector and it never made a peep.

minerjoe

Nov 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
ZED,2300,4500,t2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
sounds right on on the settings i use are just the same. I try to change it up and go with 3+ but it gets a little old after awhile. i always run at least 80 on sens.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With correct ground balance, sensitivity and discrimination setting the detector will run nice and smooth. Discrimination is important as there's a sensitivity boost that kicks in at 40 plus on the older models and 50 plus on newer.

Ground balance should almost always be offset one or two points from the setting the detector comes up with. This is not a T2 fault but applies to correct G.B. with all VLF's. Most sites require a slight offset from what is technically correct.

One other thing. As with other brands with tone discrimination, its not the bees knees. Using 1 or +1 (non tone, beep and dig) is more accurate if your on an old site wanting to just avoid iron and will gain you at least an inch on non ferrous targets.

whitewill_1

Jan 5, 2013
Pittsburgh PA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Whites TDI, FISHER F2, BOUNTY HUNTER JUNIOR, WHITES COINMASTER 6000Di S2, Garrett ProPointer, FISHER PINPOINTER, SUNJOE HORI HORI DIGGER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With correct ground balance, sensitivity and discrimination setting the detector will run nice and smooth. Discrimination is important as there's a sensitivity boost that kicks in at 40 plus on the older models and 50 plus on newer.

Ground balance should almost always be offset one or two points from the setting the detector comes up with. This is not a T2 fault but applies to correct G.B. with all VLF's. Most sites require a slight offset from what is technically correct.

One other thing. As with other brands with tone discrimination, its not the bees knees. Using 1 or +1 (non tone, beep and dig) is more accurate if your on an old site wanting to just avoid iron and will gain you at least an inch on non ferrous targets.
Are you saying that sens is increased with more disc? Should the GB be set higher or lower?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread