Tek 5" DD coil

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

minerjoe

Nov 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
ZED,2300,4500,t2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hmm wonder if it's compatible with the t2. If so i may just leave the gpx at home on some trips!

OP
OP
G.A.P.metal

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
minerjoeI
I think that 5"dd coil only works with the Greek seres Tek detectors...but they do make a 5" dd coil for your T2 call Mike at Woodland detectors or Bart at Big Boys Hobbies those guys make some great deals .
Gary

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G.A.P.metal
Let us know how you like it. I got a G2 a few weeks ago and like it so far. Still learning. It really seems weird that I have dug NO old coins with it yet. Tons of brass and lead stuff. Been hunting for many years and have enough sense to know I am just not putting the coil over any but still seems odd. Went to a park yesterday ( seldom hunt parks ) just to seen how it did on coins. Got tired of digging em so now I know it is just coincidence but have wondered how much I would benefit from a small coil. I am saving my beans for F75 SE but could not pass deal on G2 and thought it would be great for back-up and trash. The plan was once I got F75 SE I would put 5 inch on G2. Now I have found it will not work on G2 so may have to bite the bullet and buy one for G2. Keep us posted.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
G.A.P.metal
Let us know how you like it. I got a G2 a few weeks ago and like it so far. Still learning. It really seems weird that I have dug NO old coins with it yet. Tons of brass and lead stuff. Been hunting for many years and have enough sense to know I am just not putting the coil over any but still seems odd. Went to a park yesterday ( seldom hunt parks ) just to seen how it did on coins. Got tired of digging em so now I know it is just coincidence but have wondered how much I would benefit from a small coil. I am saving my beans for F75 SE but could not pass deal on G2 and thought it would be great for back-up and trash. The plan was once I got F75 SE I would put 5 inch on G2. Now I have found it will not work on G2 so may have to bite the bullet and buy one for G2. Keep us posted.

The 5" coil on a G2 is THE best trash setup I have ever used. Really sniffs them out. Holler if you have question!

OP
OP
G.A.P.metal

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
TNGUNS
I traded 2 older Analog detectors Fisher CZ 6a and a Whites Di/Pro 6000 SL that i used for years 92 -2011 and found so much good stuff, for the G2 new.
I live in the country and have access to over 7000 acres of farm land,cellar holes,i also hunt many city parks,schools,churchs.
I have found only 1 silver coin 1902 Barber so no this machine IMO does not hunt deep silver.I do find very good relics,buttons, axe heads,oxen shoes,musket balls at the cellar holes and farm fields and some in the woods its a great relic hunter.
Although i have been with a guy who has a Bounty Hunter T VI and he found silver and i didn`t so who knows.
The G2 is very stable i very seldom see any EMI anywhere i hunt,very light weight and it finds the tiny of pieces of metal in the ground so i know it does go very deep, but on on silver?
I`v got 600 hundred hours on it,i think a great addition for me would be a Omega with a con.coil,i would have a killer set there
Gary

Last edited:
OP
OP
G.A.P.metal

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bart
The silver coin i did find was in with 2 squire nails 5" deep in Disc 40 sensitivity 85.. Every time i go to a Cellar i amazed at what i find McCormick Reaper Token 7" large cents at 8" musket balls 7" dandy buttons 8" so ya i`m liken that 5" coil.
I have found more old tools with the G2 than any other detector in 41 yrs. In the parks in the city the G2 picks up every piece of junk.. but IDing those bottlecaps/canslaw by pulling the coil to you, to the edge of the target and hear that Iron grunt works very well for me.... anyways to many dangerous critters in the city parks,much better unarmed critters in the woods.Still no gold Rings or gold anything and this is the first yr. like that and i got a 5 gal.bucket just full of pulltabs and about a pound of foil ,i`m still haven fun but the analog machines i think were better at depth, silver and gold
Gary

Last edited:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart
The silver coin i did find was in with 2 squire nails 5" deep in Disc 40 sensitivity 85.. Every time i go to a Cellar i amazed at what i find McCormick Reaper Token 7" large cents at 8" musket balls 7" dandy buttons 8" so ya i`m liken that 5" coil.
I have found more old tools with the G2 than any other detector in 41 yrs. In the parks in the city the G2 picks up every piece of junk.. but IDing those bottlecaps/canslaw by pulling the coil to you, to the edge of the target and hear that Iron grunt works very well for me.... anyways to many dangerous critters in the city parks,much better unarmed critters in the woods.Still no gold Rings or gold anything and this is the first yr. like that and i got a 5 gal.bucket just full of pulltabs and about a pound of foil ,i`m still haven fun but the analog machines i think were better at depth, silver and gold
Gary

Gary have you runt the G2 metal detector in all metal much? It noisy but really gains depth running that way.

OP
OP
G.A.P.metal

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bart yes i run it in all metal when i can..the parks here are so trashed that it very hard there to do it, mostly in old orchards and farm fields/woods...some around old cellar holes...when to a nice old church today tried all metal there be very trashy there too.
In all metal the G2 is very deep i can use it in privet yards.
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread