How does the T2SE and Omega perform on wet salt sand?

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
On wet salt, Omega, F5, and F70 generally superior to T2 & F75. However GB/G2 platform machines seem to have even better reports on wet salt despite the higher operating frequency.

Target separation in iron infested environments, GB/G2 platform machines best, Omega and F5 second, F70 third, and T2 & F75 (incl. SE/LTD) fourth (although even those are pretty good).

"Depth" if you take air testing on coins as a guide, the SE/LTD machines the best, F70 second, regular T2/F75 and Omega and F5 third, and GB/G2 fourth.

For relic hunting, the T2/F75 (esp. SE/LTD versions) would normally be considered superior to the Omega and F5.

Whatever you get will be a compromise, there is no one "right answer".

--Dave J.

OP
OP
C

clamdigger60

Tenderfoot
Apr 3, 2012
Annapolis Valley, NS
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000 w 3 coil pack
Tesoro Cibola, Compadre
Whites 6000/D GEB
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Woof.
I've seen reports elsewhere about the G2/GB not doing so good on "Monte's nail board test", and how the Omega requires the small DD to pass same test. I'm favouring the O8 because of it's lower freq, I've already got a Cibola for the slightly higher freq coverage (great machine but useless on the salt). T2se/F75ltd both seem to have a strong following wrt Relic hunting, price is a bit off putting for me. ML, Deus, and Bliss all all out of contention for budget reasons. Salt environment will be low tide mud flats, not sandy beachs. More artifact than a jewlery oriented.
This site is fantastic by the way!
Cheers
HH

OP
OP
C

clamdigger60

Tenderfoot
Apr 3, 2012
Annapolis Valley, NS
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000 w 3 coil pack
Tesoro Cibola, Compadre
Whites 6000/D GEB
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went with the O8 and 3 coil pack.
Cheers
HH

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish you the best of luck. I don't believe there is any single frequency VLF machine that will give good performance in wet saltwater sand. You'll be very lucky to get 6" in depth. You can get a Tesoro Sand Shark pulse induction machine for $600.00 new. Again, looking forward to your reports.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread