Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Call one of the sponsors here Bart @ bigboyshobbies....he will know how to get that Teknetics 11" DD push in type coil.
Gary

OP
OP
Krusty

Krusty

Feb 25, 2013
Temple
Detector(s) used
Teknetics 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I contacted Teknetics/Fisher directly. They told me my detector was an older model which kind of upset me considering I just bought it 2 months ago. They said they changed from push in connectors to screw in connectors as a marketing decision. Anyways, the part number for a 11"DD coil push in connector type is PN: 11COIL-TEK-B

They sell it directly from the manufacture for 125.00

Just some good info in case somebody else buys a "NEW" detector and gets the older model.

skeeter86

Oct 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same problem called kellyco they make two types screw and plug'

dugndeep

Mar 19, 2015
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000,Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200,Deteknix Huntmate pinpointer,Fiskars big grip knife,BH pinpointer,Ace "Little Pal" shovel and a homemade shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm confused,just bought a used Delta 4000 and it's coil connector pushes in but then you have a lock ring that you have to screw on then tighten.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm confused,just bought a used Delta 4000 and it's coil connector pushes in but then you have a lock ring that you have to screw on then tighten.

You are describing what is being referred to as the screw-on connector. The push-in connector is a male (pinned) connector (on the coil cable) that pushes into a female receptacle. The screw-on connector is a female connector on the coil cable that pushes onto a male receptacle and is held in place with a locking ring.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Duplicate post.

dugndeep

Mar 19, 2015
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000,Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200,Deteknix Huntmate pinpointer,Fiskars big grip knife,BH pinpointer,Ace "Little Pal" shovel and a homemade shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the difference as I'm hearing some say old or new model?Mine only has the large headphone plug also.

Attachments

• Delta 4000 2016-02-11 001.JPG
    Delta 4000 2016-02-11 001.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 325

dugndeep

Mar 19, 2015
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I reckon here's the other Delta 4000 coil plug.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 200
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 196
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I reckon here's the other Delta 4000 coil plug.

Yeah. You have the newest version of the Delta 4000 with the screw on connector and large headphone plug.

My understanding is that First Texas/Teknetics made three versions: The first had the push-in connector with the female coil connector receptacle on the control box and a 1/8" mini-headphone jack. The second version had the screw on coil connector and both a 1/8" mini-headphone jack and the standard 1/4" headphone jack. The third (most recent) version has the screw on connector and just the standard 1/4" headphone jack - which looks like what you have. I guess Teknetics just couldn't make up their mind...making coil ordering for the Delta 4000 a tad complicated, if not confusing.

dugndeep

Mar 19, 2015
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is something a person needs to know when maybe buying a dd coil.I might later on down the road,their more than I give for my Delta 4000.Waiting for the weather to warm up so I can get out and see what I can find.One degree wind chill yesterday,snow again tomorrow.

dugndeep

Mar 19, 2015
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks vFerrari,I was worried when I found out there was a new and older version and the newer version was better on interference,figured I had got the old version reason being it was only $160w/free shipping off Ebay.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks vFerrari,I was worried when I found out there was a new and older version and the newer version was better on interference,figured I had got the old version reason being it was only $160w/free shipping off Ebay.

If it is working, then you got a great deal, even if it was the older version (which I have). My old Delta 4000 still picks up on things my XP Deus has missed! It is a great grab and go detector as long as the soil conditions are right that I plan to pass down to my son to "keep it in the family" even though I am now using the higher end machines. The 8" concentric coil is a great general purpose coil and I don't think there is much point in getting a larger one of any type since it cannot be ground balanced. If I was going to get an accessory coil, I would look at a smaller DD closed coil such as the 5" Teknetics or the NEL 5" Sharp (much less expensive than the Teknetics) or Snake elliptical for trash separation. Not much point in trying to "go deeper" with this machine by getting a only a slightly larger and expensive DD (or concentric) coil than the 8" concentric coil. The advantage of the smaller "closed" coils is that they can be more easily used in confined areas (such as in scrub brush or around fence lines) and they don't get hung up on vegetation like the open spider coils.

dugndeep

Mar 19, 2015
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is working, then you got a great deal, even if it was the older version (which I have). My old Delta 4000 still picks up on things my XP Deus has missed! It is a great grab and go detector as long as the soil conditions are right that I plan to pass down to my son to "keep it in the family" even though I am now using the higher end machines. The 8" concentric coil is a great general purpose coil and I don't think there is much point in getting a larger one of any type since it cannot be ground balanced. If I was going to get an accessory coil, I would look at a smaller DD closed coil such as the 5" Teknetics or the NEL 5" Sharp (much less expensive than the Teknetics) or Snake elliptical for trash separation. Not much point in trying to "go deeper" with this machine by getting a only a slightly larger and expensive DD (or concentric) coil than the 8" concentric coil. The advantage of the smaller "closed" coils is that they can be more easily used in confined areas (such as in scrub brush or around fence lines) and they don't get hung up on vegetation like the open spider coils.

I hear you on the not much use of putting a bigger dd coil on it,I'm cheap,that's why I jumped on this one when it was listed on Ebay,before the 4000 was listed there was a BH Quick Draw Pro for about $10 cheaper, so I said I would sleep on it and maybe purchase it the next morning.Next morning it was gone which in a way worked out better for me because of what everybody's saying that this is the much better MD.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you on the not much use of putting a bigger dd coil on it,I'm cheap,that's why I jumped on this one when it was listed on Ebay,before the 4000 was listed there was a BH Quick Draw Pro for about $10 cheaper, so I said I would sleep on it and maybe purchase it the next morning.Next morning it was gone which in a way worked out better for me because of what everybody's saying that this is the much better MD.

Yeah. If you want to just keep it cheap and simple then just go with the 4000 as-is. You will have plenty of fun with it without having to sink any more money into it for coils.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Delta is a great little detector for the money. It will find you lots of treasure with the stock coil.
It's also light as a feather and you'll never get tired swinging it.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Delta 4000 has become my loaner machine, everyone who wants to try metal detecting and uses it comes back with a smile. Its a great detector goes deep in med/mild soil and its fast !

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a bit of a write-up I did "trying" to get some info out on the coil situation at First Texas.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/b...exas-coil-situation-guide-sorts-new-post.html

Any of the coils from the Bounty Hunter "Pro" series will work perfectly with your Teknetics push style....and vice-versa. Same deal with the original F5 that had push-in....any of its coils are compatible as well.

Just bought the Fisher F5 5in DD for my Land Ranger Pro.....works awesome. Model is "5COIL-F5"...the "F5F" being the screw on version.

From what I see...the push style directly from Teknetics all say "B" at the end....the 11 inch and 5 inch.

I do not know of the model for the push 8 inch from Teknetics....pretty sure they use the 8COIL-7B13 that the Lone Star Pro/Titanium/Gold use from Bounty Hunter...as I have never seen a "B" version of their 8COIL-7TEK which is the 8 inch screw on.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good info thanks. I was pretty much piecing together similar info as I have the delta with push-in and an Omega with screw-in connectors. Been looking for an adapter that would let mme swap coils between the two as I know I would botch the soldering, lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions