jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using my T2 for year now and very happy with it . It goes deep and finds small targets. I hunt mostly parks that been hit by other machines and I still find nice finds like gold ring . I always wondered about atp / gold.

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2 Radio Shack, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2 ES LTD, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Jimzz, I'll let you try mine out when we go to oro lol

OP
OP
jimzz977

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool sounds good. When can u come down here hit old parks with me

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have both machines and love them both. If it is going to rain, I am going to be hunting in or around fresh water, or on the dry sand beach, I take my ATP.

Although the ring in my avatar was found with my T2 on the beach in Ocean City, MD in the dry sand at least 12" down and it is a small 1/4 carat with only 8 facets(meaning it was old). It was directly straight out from a hotel stairs entrance to the beach about 25 yards out. I could picture a girl breaking up with her boyfriend and throwing it!

I use the smaller coil on both and prefer the target separation over the small lose in depth when hunting trashy areas or parks.
I believe the T2 to be a superior machine to the ATP very slightly in depth and more so in the sensitivity and adjustability to the environment.

I have had some small issues with EMI but never stopped me from hunting, this probably gives it the more sensitivity.
One place had an cattle electric fence that made me think my machine was broke but I left and went elsewhere and all was back to normal.

I just got a NEL Sharp Shooter for my T2 I can't wait to try out.

John

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

OP
OP
jimzz977

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this shotgun shell today using my T2 it was about 8in deep very happy with my T2

ForumRunner_20140317_010508.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140317_010455.png
    ForumRunner_20140317_010455.png
    108 KB · Views: 110

digitanyway

Greenie
Aug 24, 2014
Sweet Home Oregon
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 se, Whites gm3, Garrett at gold, Garrett at Max, GMT,
and others.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jarl. Here is a couple of videos that may help you make up your mind about the T2 vs Etrac.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't mean to sound harsh,but my reply would disappear half way threw and I have to start over.Just wanted to add that if you use the atpro and you no the coin is there then you would get it deep or if there's not much in the ground, but if there is a lot of trash it would be harder to here it and that's when a high end MD would do better.You can use the atpro out in the rain which I have done a lot.And it is a good unit but I think it lacks dept and don't think it hits silver hard,like it hits clad and you can saying it fast.It doesn't. Have emi issues.Now I no the t2 hits hot rocks well that's what I here, I no the f75 did.I think the t2 is old news people talk about the f75 ltd more and even think that calmed down.A year ago that's all you heard now its the ctx or v3i and the deus seems like it making the news again oh and of cost the etrac.I would love to have any of them.Just think a while back it was the explorers and mxt or dfx.Its funny cause you watch guys who make a lot of videos using a MD and swear how good it is till the new one comes out then they turn on the old one so you have to take it with a grain of salt.When you watch stuff and do reasrch on a MD look for little things that don't make sense.Iike how come I can t watch someone actually using the MD in action no you just see it over a target. So that's stuff I looked for,before a MD comes in the mail I don't even have to read the manual, I did so much reaserch.There's. A lot of guys that been doing this for a long time and they must get a good laugh now and then. Gees didn't mean to right a novel.

I been using the etrac for five months now ,seem to get along with it pretty good use it most in woods, cellar holes ,river banks.If you no were your hunting its great if you want to do random hunts in wooded areas than not so good, its slower,so it takes to long to cover areas t2 would be much better also it seems you can keep the coil higher off the ground.I no people say the t2 coil gets hung up on everything well so does the etrac trust me.now for the atpro I would say it is more fun to use than the etrac.I'm still in the market for a t2 hope to pick one up soon if I would of got a used etrac I'd have one already.people say if you want old coins go etrac,if you want relics go t2,and also omega 8000 suppose to be better for coins to don't no,but I'll let you all no when I get the t2 cause I'll use the hell out of it.everyday every day.

Last edited:

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my T2 SE. Like ahab8 I was worried about emi issues as I live in Huntington Beach CA and hunt parks and schools surrounded with homes and all their electronics and wifi and power lines. I have yet to hit a park that requires me to run the sens lower than 70. Most times I'm running it with a sens of around 85 to 90 with no issues at all. It does get a little sparky when I go over 95 but my problem is with the amount of garbage in the ground. When I run the sens up that high the T2 picks up every little piece of aluminum foil that came from candy and gum wrappers. Sounds like a machine gun going off. I may add another detector to my arsenal later, but will never give up the T2. I've had my T2 since June 29th have hunted with it maybe 7 or 8 times and have pulled an easy $100 in clad a few junk rings and a couple silver .925 rings and even a super small pendant attached to a 1" piece of small gold chain at 5 or 6 inches. I was also worried about the learning curve I've read about but find that the T2 is the easiest machine I've ever used. Set up and hunting in 10 seconds easy. I've owned a Fisher CZ 20, Whites 5900 DI pro, a Fisher 1280 a Teknetics Omega 8000, and a Garret Infinium LS and the set up, ease of use and weight of the T2 is better than all of them save the Omega which is , or feels, lighter. Really cant say enough about this machine. It has reopened areas that I have pounded with the other detectors and I'm walking away with more finds now then before with the other detectors. Deeper by far with audio signals that really speak to me. Every time I use it I get better at hearing what the T2 says is in the ground and rely less and less on the VDI numbers, you just know when you are over a good target by the sound. Cant go wrong by getting a T2 in my book.

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got the t2 and I love it.I only took it out a few times and I'm starting to learn it pretty good.I been useing it at cellar holes , woods stuff like that.Which is what I got it for.I never took it to a park. I use my at pro for that cause I no it .If you like this hobby your going to have more then one.I have three now and they all compliment each other well. My t2 is my go to machine and couldnt be happier.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread